Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Apr 21, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m optimistic for the first time! We’ve got a trip booked going start of August. We got a real bargain, and have been a few times before. We are happy to moderate the holiday around restrictions, if we think it’ll be horrible wearing masks in the parks - we won’t go to the parks. We will be happy just mooching around shops, visiting our favourite restaurants and finding different things to do! My husband and I should be fully vaccinated, so hopefully it’ll be just my daughter to worry about! Just hoping the tests needed aren’t too expensive!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We’re flying 1 August to Tampa. Normally do a BA Flydrive and villa direct with owner. However, due to the uncertainty when we booked in September, decided to do the villa wit BA as well. Balance is due 11 July, so hopefully things will be a lot clearer then.

We’ve got the PI booked night before, and also the Marriott at Tampa on arrival. Need to sort out car parking and seats on the plane.

We’ve made the decision not to do parks this time, but we are going at Xmas so will visit them then.

Feeling more positive as the days go by. Me and DH will have our 2nd vaccination end of June as well.
Old 9 Apr 21, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

We've said we're definitely going, we've booked for early August, but it may be that we move to December or next Easter. Weighing up the costs and benefits. It'll definitely be very expensive next Easter I imagine.

We've got a flydrive and Disney accommodation booked, so everything can be moved.

My mum has plans for early next February, I'm so jealous of her not being tied to the school holidays!
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 21, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

So, after yesterday’s positivity, today I’m going to;

Do Estas
Sort travel insurance
Book a volcano bay cabana

I wonder when we will actually know if we can travel or not. Lots of speculation that the US will be ‘green’ but not a word from Joe!
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 21, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
deek72
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
So, after yesterday’s positivity, today I’m going to;

Do Estas
Sort travel insurance
Book a volcano bay cabana

I wonder when we will actually know if we can travel or not. Lots of speculation that the US will be ‘green’ but not a word from Joe!
What positivity yesterday? Have I missed any news?
deek72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkerBabe
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
I’m confident we will be going (we have Miami in August and Vegas in October) but I don’t think we will get confirmation of the border restrictions being lifted until late June. I’d love to see USA being green on the traffic lights and hopefully it will be, but with half of the states having rising cases I wonder it it may start off as Amber, turning to green when the task force review 6 weeks later on 28th June? With a lifting of the border restrictions ready for July 4th everything should tie up nicely, however this is just my speculation and I’d love to be wrong if it meant people could get away in late May and June!
Old 10 Apr 21, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Originally Posted by deek72 View Post
What positivity yesterday? Have I missed any news?
Lots of people feeling positive that there trips will go ahead after the traffic light confirmation. I guess some people not so positive?
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 21, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinkerBabe View Post
I’m confident we will be going (we have Miami in August and Vegas in October) but I don’t think we will get confirmation of the border restrictions being lifted until late June. I’d love to see USA being green on the traffic lights and hopefully it will be, but with half of the states having rising cases I wonder it it may start off as Amber, turning to green when the task force review 6 weeks later on 28th June? With a lifting of the border restrictions ready for July 4th everything should tie up nicely, however this is just my speculation and I’d love to be wrong if it meant people could get away in late May and June!
Yes I agree with this. I don’t think we’ll have any real clue until end June/ beginning July. Also thing the US will be amber before it’s green hopefully by then. Fingers crossed!
Endless Summer 2023
Old 10 Apr 21, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Imagineer

We go 21st July trip last July cancelled can’t remember why

Booked car through Andy who sent a lovely email this week saying no need to pay in May pay nearer the time when we are confident all is going to plan.

Booked: Insurance ( not sure why I bothered still chasing last years Insurance company for the balance that they owe me)

Carried over from last year: Lowes Royal Pacific and Universal tickets, Disney 14 day tickets, villa, esta.

Booked flights and reserved seats with BA last week, just transportation to and from Heathrow to sort out.

Just waiting for Mr Biden to confirm if he is going to charge us for tests going in
Old 10 Apr 21, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Still planning, even sorted out my holidays clothes last week !
Everything booked and in place , prepared to pay for the PCR tests but hopefully won’t be necessary by August
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List