Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 May 21, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

I can’t see the larger restaurants in downtown Disney ( is t still called this) being too happy with no dining plan options. Many people only visited the big ticket options because it was on the dining plan. Can’t see me paying $75 for a mignon steak the size of a small burger and 4 fat chips with garnish. Add $15 fir a bottle of beer. No thanks.
However I do see the quick food places blaze pizza Earl of sandwich become more popular than ever as people try to stretch the new Disney budget as far as they can.
The sooner they open up a few greggs the better for us brits.

Edited at 02:35 PM.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Considering i had the dining plan on my booking before they took it off, I would of thought they might of added this on for people whom have missed out this year. Its not much staying in a value resort but would at least pay for snacks.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
So the dining credits is per room not per person?
How will they work it out? X amount of credits per night? Per room?
Any idea on the amount for moderate/deluxe hotels?
It's being discussed in this thread if you want more details: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1188689

But to sum up - it's no longer credits, it's a fixed $ value per night per room, depending what tier the hotel is in. Here's an excerpt from the T&Cs from the email...

Receive Disney Dining Credit of US$36 per room for each night of a confirmed eligible stay in one of the Tier 1 Participating Disney Resorts; US$61 for each night of a confirmed eligible stay in one of the Tier 2 Participating Disney Resorts; US$68 per room for each night of a confirmed eligible stay in one of the Tier 3 Participating Resorts.
I am assuming Tier 1 are the existing value hotels, 2 is moderate and 3 is deluxe but can't say for certain whether they will be moving hotels around tiers, and which hotels will be eligible. Will know more once the offer is released on Thursday.

Edited at 02:43 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
I can’t see the larger restaurants in downtown Disney ( is t still called this) being too happy with no dining plan options. Many people only visited the big ticket options because it was on the dining plan. Can’t see me paying $75 for a mignon steak the size of a small burger and 4 fat chips with garnish. Add $15 fir a bottle of beer. No thanks.
However I do see the quick food places blaze pizza Earl of sandwich become more popular than ever as people try to stretch the new Disney budget as far as they can.
The Disney Springs restaurants are quite popular with locals, so they're not going to be affected by a change in DDP either way. And a LOT of the domestic travellers (which account for most visitors) were probably already paying OOP.

But it definitely will be interesting to see if there's any knock on effect for pricing across WDW property though, as many people do believe the prices are inflated by DDP. They've never seemed that different to any other popular tourist destination to me, so I'm not expecting much change.
Old 17 May 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
The Disney Springs restaurants are quite popular with locals, so they're not going to be affected by a change in DDP either way. And a LOT of the domestic travellers (which account for most visitors) were probably already paying OOP.

But it definitely will be interesting to see if there's any knock on effect for pricing across WDW property though, as many people do believe the prices are inflated by DDP. They've never seemed that different to any other popular tourist destination to me, so I'm not expecting much change.
I always thought the Americans received the dining plan as well.
It seemed so popular that during the last 10 or so years we were always greeting at any restaurant in Disney with the question welcome-dining plan or not.
Hopefully your right and they won’t miss the masses who used the plan to frequent theses over priced places.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Brits on the Free DDP eating a bit more upscale than they may otherwise will be a drop in the ocean relative to the numerous US visitors, most not on Free DDP as well as locals.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

It seemed so popular that during the last 10 or so years we were always greeting at any restaurant in Disney with the question welcome-dining plan or not.
Hopefully your right and they won’t miss the masses who used the plan to frequent theses over priced places.
They could always purchase the plan if they wanted to, but free dining for US visitors is a very limited offer unlike ours. So many (particularly regulars and DVC owners) tend to pay OOP.

Servers probably ask if you're on DDP or not since there are restrictions on what you can order. I'm sure they've had plenty of people order extra sides, starters or alcohol (before it was included) and then kick off when they got a bill to pay. So it's easier to ask up front.
Old 17 May 21, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
They could buy the Dining Plan which may or may not actually represent a discount depending on where they dined and what they chose.

Free Dining was offered to US punters, but far more sparsely than the UK offering which has traditionally been the carrot dangled to get us to commit to a WDW holiday a year or more in advance.

As there's no dining plans at all currently, US visitors will currently be paying cash just like us.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

I presume you can add this to an booking already made for 2022? I was told that I could when I booked so fingers crossed. There are only 2 of us so not to bad an offer for us.
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickey2021
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

How early can you book park reservations?
Mickey2021 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List