Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 22 May 21, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Vh flydrive 2022 help please

I’m debating booking a fly drive for 16 nights with full size suv with vh nov/Dec 2022 4 adults . Reasoning , it’s a package so protected and I’ve priced the car up separately and the prices are ridiculous so it’s not a bad price and it means peace of mind booking . £3400 with a 21 yr old driver and my dh , full tank of fuel included , direct from manchester . Am I mad ?
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

It is around what I I would expect to pay, as I understand that Manchester flights cost more. I have to travel long(ish) distances wherever I fly from and thus have always favoured LHR (or LGW for directs to MCO), which tends to be cheaper.

I would view that price as £600 for the car (does it have proper insurance?) and £2800 for the flights, thus £700pp as there are 4 of you.

Personally, I would be patient and wait until minus 330 days from the return flight arrives.. maybe 310 days and then see what is about in competition, being prepared to consider all airports at both ends.. but of course towing yourself to Manchester means that there may only be Virgin and soon, Air Lingus in the market!

Edited at 08:37 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
It is around what I I would expect to pay, as I understand that Manchester flights cost more. I have to travel long(ish) distances wherever I fly from and thus have always favoured LHR (or LGW for directs to MCO), which tends to be cheaper.

I would view that price as £600 for the car (does it have proper insurance?) and £2800 for the flights, thus £700pp as there are 4 of you.
It’s gold plus so has a free tank of fuel and no surcharge for our son who is 21 when we go and 2 additional drivers .
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post

Personally, I would be patient and wait until minus 330 days from the return flight arrives.. maybe 310 days and then see what is about in competition, being prepared to consider all airports at both ends.. but of course towing yourself to Manchester means that there may only be Virgin and soon, Air Lingus in the market!
This is part of my worry , if that happens the prices will rocket , we also get the package protection which for us is a massive plus at the moment
Sept 24 POFQ
Old 22 May 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
This is part of my worry , if that happens the prices will rocket , we also get the package protection which for us is a massive plus at the moment
I certainly would never say that you have paid over the odds… and you have certainty.

If I wanted to fly Manchester Orlando on those dates, fly drive and direct.. I would be very happy in the current times of uncertainty with that price. I would however protect myself well with my credit card as I am uncertain of the current viability of the company, should this continue.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

I'd say that price is OK. You may get it cheaper if you wait but the way things are at the moment who knows. As above I'd say that works out as £700 each for flights which from Man isn't bad.
fluffychicken is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Im one of the people who booked early with VH due to the uncertainty, seems a good price to me.
Old 23 May 21, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Check out the August prices to make you feel better.
£7k for a family of 4 for 14 nights, plus another £300 to insure the car!
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List