Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 May 21, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
You can use them up to next year though but that’s no good for us as already have a holiday booked for next year.
That’s good to hear that they at least give people a year to use them, but I know it’s a bummer if you can only go this year and have no idea when you will be allowed to fly to the US. 😕

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 21, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Aims View Post
A couple hours after I posted this thread it occurred to me that there is still no idea yet when the travel ban will be lifted, making it hard to guess when it will be ok to book tickets. For those who have bought tickets, are they at least transferrable to a different date in case you miss your original reservation?
I paid for my tickets last year for our postponed October trip in 2020. They expire Jan 2022, so I’m hoping our rescheduled trip in late October will go ahead. (First stopping in San Diego!)

Your news is very welcome.

I did speak to Disney and while they are not refundable, if they expire unused, we can get full credit on new tickets.
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 21, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
I did speak to Disney and while they are not refundable, if they expire unused, we can get full credit on new tickets.
Excellent! While I’m sure you would prefer to be able to use them and make your October trip, it must be a relief to know you have the option of getting that full credit, if it turns out that way.

Nice to hear you are stopping in San Diego too! 👍 October is a great month to visit. 😃

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Great news!
Now let us in please!

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy

DVC Member: BLT, BCV, SSR
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
hawki
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mikeclark007 View Post
Not going until mid-October all being well but I linked my tickets to the app no problem and ready for if the reservation window is extended. Current 120-day period runs until September 23rd
I just logged into my Disney reservation for Grand California, arriving 3rd October & my date for tickets is May 31st, need to decide this weekend what to do!
Port Orleans Riverside - 2011,2012, 2014,2015,2016,2017 RPR 2015,2016,Grand California,POR & HRH 2017 DLP Newport Bay 2018 Sequoia Lodge 2019 Grand California,HRH CSR 2019
hawki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Is Disney the same as Universal with restrictions on kids under 12 and vaccinations?
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 01:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by State27 View Post
Is Disney the same as Universal with restrictions on kids under 12 and vaccinations?

Right now even though Disneyland is allowing only California residents in the parks, they are allowing all ages- it's not restricted to 12 and over. My sister just went to Disneyland this week and had no trouble taking in her 11 year old son. I feel sure that once the state reopens businesses to 100% capacity on June 15, Universal will drop the over 12 restriction. Disneyland will then be accepting everyone into the parks and have made no mention of any age restrictions. I would think that Universal will follow suit and drop those requirements, as well.

Edited at 01:57 AM.
Old 31 May 21, 01:57 AM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Right now even though Disneyland is allowing only California residents in the parks, they are allowing all ages- it's not restricted to 12 and over. I feel sure that once the state reopens businesses to 100% capacity, Universal will drop the over 12 restriction. Disneyland will then be accepting everyone into the parks and have made no mention of any age restrictions. I would think that Universal will follow suit and drop those requirements, as well.
Was thinking of visiting early July , Universal is the kids top wish list!
Old 31 May 21, 02:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by State27 View Post
Was thinking of visiting early July , Universal is the kids top wish list!

I love Universal, too! Check out Universal's website for any guidelines/information updates after June 15- everything is planned to go back to business as usual then across the state.

Old 31 May 21, 02:21 AM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

I love Universal, too! Check out Universal's website for any guidelines/information updates after June 15- everything is planned to go back to business as usual then across the state.
Yeah will do , just checked out flights and it’s crazy cheap from Orlando to LAX. Just wish the car hire prices weren’t quite so crazy!