Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jun 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_daddy
Excited about Disney

May 2023 price

2 adults 2 children 17&9 16th May 2023 direct flights from Manchester with Virgin 14 nights at Lbv resort and Spa in a 3 bed apartment, private transfers from and back to the airport £5257 price by ocean florida. What do you think?
Old 20 Jun 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

You will like LBV Village Resort, I guess. We had a 3 bedroom in 2019 and really enjoyed it, hence our rebooking for April of 2022. They are really spacious and have a whirlpool bath (large) in the master bedroom.
Trish White is customer relations, very helpful and you may try contacting her to ask for an apartment in block 5 (newest), with a fireworks view.

The pool and poolside bar are nice, but becomes a little shaded later in the day.

The only thing that I would say is that although there is a courtesy bus, it is a little distant from the parks, Walmart, restaurants without a car. I would only book it if I intended driving. It has an Irish pub next door and also a small outlet centre.

Price? I cant really say. I booked 7 nights in a 3 bed for next Easter at £1107 and have 8% to come off that in cashback through an employee portal, so £1000, or £142 a night including resort fees. This would price the accommodation element of your 14 nights at £2000...and your flights at £3257 or £814 average per person.

I don't know whether that is good or bad as I don't research Manchester-MCO... or Virgin products, as I will no longer use them. I guess that with Manchester flights, you are tied to them.. or soon I believe, Air Lingus?

Hope that helps.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 03:28 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

The 3 bed is £1667 on travelrepublic for your dates. So you’re paying almost £900 each for flights. Barely a deal for peak time let alone the middle of May.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_daddy
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
The 3 bed is £1667 on travelrepublic for your dates. So you’re paying almost £900 each for flights. Barely a deal for peak time let alone the middle of May.
cant see 2023 dates on there, I priced up same dates 2022 on lbv website and it was $2,833.20 using conversion rate of £1.35 to 1USD is around £2100 that's 2022 so 2023 will be more I assume maybe £200 more, so say £2300. we have private transfers included too at a guess maybe £250 so flights I worked out at £676 each, hardly a bargain I agree. but direct from Manchester with virgin not scandalous either.

are aer lingus definitely going to operate this route as I keep hearing they might be pulling out.

Edited at 07:41 PM.
disney_daddy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney_daddy View Post
cant see 2023 dates on there, I priced up same dates 2022 on lbv website and it was $2,833.20 using conversion rate of £1.35 to 1USD is around £2100 that's 2022 so 2023 will be more I assume maybe £200 more, so say £2300. we have private transfers included too at a guess maybe £250 so flights I worked out at £676 each, hardly a bargain I agree. but direct from Manchester with virgin not scandalous either.

are aer lingus definitely going to operate this route as I keep hearing they might be pulling out.
Yep, you’re right it was 2022. It will be a similar price for 2023. Why would you use a price direct when it’s cheaper everywhere else?

Transfers? Just grab an Uber. That won’t cost anywhere near £125 each way from MCO to LBV.

They’re charging you almost £900 a flight. It’s not a deal in any sense unless you’re flying over Xmas, Easter or the summer holidays. Even then there are always deals to be had if you DIY.

It baffles me that there is one of these threads every day for packages where the flights aren’t out yet. Every one is seriously overpriced and it’s just them guessing with a seriously high mark up on top.
Wait until the flights are released and you’ll save a fortune. Maybe you could stay longer or book flights for your next trip with the money saved.

Edited at 07:49 PM.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Yep, you’re right it was 2022. It will be a similar price for 2023. Why would you use a price direct when it’s cheaper everywhere else?

Transfers? Just grab an Uber. That won’t cost anywhere near £125 each way from MCO to LBV.

They’re charging you almost £900 a flight. It’s not a deal in any sense unless you’re flying over Xmas, Easter or the summer holidays. Even then there are always deals to be had if you DIY.

It baffles me that there is one of these threads every day for packages where the flights aren’t out yet. Every one is seriously overpriced and it’s just them guessing with a seriously high mark up on top.
Wait until the flights are released and you’ll save a fortune. Maybe you could stay longer or book flights for your next trip with the money saved.
Fully agree with this. TA’s are leaving plenty of fat on any quotes, just in case. They are selling something that they do not know the price of.

I never, ever buy flights until a few weeks after the airlines have released my return leg (330 days for search engines and all but BA who are 355).

Buying a vacation is a well timed marathon and not a sprint to buy the first deal available.

As for transfers, a yellow cab into IDrive from the airport concourse in 2019 was only $55 and that was at 1.23 to the £. It is currently around 1.4. Uber would be cheaper still.

Edited at 08:03 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_daddy
Excited about Disney

cheers chaps