Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21 Jun 21, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
#51
Mrs_Potts
Excited about Disney
 
Mrs_Potts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 04
I am currently volunteering at the Euros at Wembley in the torrential rain an e-scooter rider skidded and wiped out on the road - luckily for her no cars were around - and she had no helmet on either!

I think they are really dangerous in some riders (not all) hands.
__________________
2000 - All Star Movies
2002 - All Star Movies
2004 - Pop Century
2005 - Pop Century
2006 - Pop Century
2007 - Pop Century
Mrs_Potts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
#52
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber
 
YorkshireT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 16
Location: God's Own Country
Stories are people riding escooters badly have been involved in accidents.

That is frankly their lookout as they chose to take the risk. People are involved in cycling accidents every day, car accidents every day. In just over a month March to April 2020 15 cyclists were killed and countless numbers badly injured. As a cyclist, I know the risks.

We seem to have become so risk adverse no one can do anything, no one can ever die or have an accident and it must all be banned. What a sorry world we would live in if that had been our attitude over the millennia.
__________________
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
#53
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber
 
THE WIZARD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 10
Location: East Midlands
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Stories are people riding escooters badly have been involved in accidents.

That is frankly their lookout as they chose to take the risk. People are involved in cycling accidents every day, car accidents every day. In just over a month March to April 2020 15 cyclists were killed and countless numbers badly injured. As a cyclist, I know the risks.

We seem to have become so risk adverse no one can do anything, no one can ever die or have an accident and it must all be banned. What a sorry world we would live in if that had been our attitude over the millennia.
Im more worried about the people these idiots are injuring, what they do to themselves so be it, but not what they do others !
__________________
The Wizard
THE WIZARD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
#54
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber
 
YorkshireT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 16
Location: God's Own Country
Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Im more worried about the people these idiots are injuring, what they do to themselves so be it, but not what they do others !
How many idiots crashed a car, or a bike in the same period?

Or maybe not idiots, maybe people who just made an error of judgment? Iíve fallen off my bike quite a few times, including a couple of nasty crashes in the last few years. One due to gravel on the path, another due to me not seeing a shelf whilst on a descent at Dalby Forest. Iíve also had numerous cars pull out on me, one I crashed into the side. We donít suggest banning cycling (well some do).
__________________
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
#55
disney332
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Oct 09
Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Im more worried about the people these idiots are injuring, what they do to themselves so be it, but not what they do others !
This is a no win,...stick to PHI, there is much less grey

Disney332
__________________
disney332 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
#56
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Sep 15
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
How many idiots crashed a car, or a bike in the same period?

Or maybe not idiots, maybe people who just made an error of judgment? Iíve fallen off my bike quite a few times, including a couple of nasty crashes in the last few years. One due to gravel on the path, another due to me not seeing a shelf whilst on a descent at Dalby Forest. Iíve also had numerous cars pull out on me, one I crashed into the side. We donít suggest banning cycling (well some do).
I think a lot of negative comments are because there are so many cyclists using the pavements instead of roads.

Just a few days ago we sat in a long single line of traffic going nowhere because nearly half the road is now sectioned off for cyclists. Fair enough you might think but not one cyclist on the whole length of the cycle lane but one riding at speed on the pavement.

One of my sons is a cyclist but that doesnít stop me ranting when a cyclist goes past me at speed from behind on a pavement. If this happens with e-scooters there will be pedestrian deaths.

Edited at 09:27 AM.
Pumpkin Pie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in 50th Anniversary
On 22nd June 4:45pm
Beginning Oct. 1, “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” honors the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney... Read More »
Posted in Disneyland Paris News
On 17th June 11:31am
Guests can once again enjoy the outstanding experiences we are known for, from iconic attractions... Read More »
Posted in Seaworld
On 9th June 8:20am
SeaWorld’s first separate-ticketed, nighttime Halloween event, Howl-O-Scream, premieres this fall joining the daytime Halloween Spooktacular... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.3669
CaxtonFX  $1.3566
Covent Garden FX  $1.3716
FAIRFX  $1.3657
John Lewis  $1.3652
M&S  $1.3455
Post Office  $1.3437
Sainsburys  $1.3634
TESCO  $1.3651
Travelex  $1.3601
Updated: 17:00 30/07/2021
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1498
CaxtonFX  €1.1435
Covent Garden FX  €1.1550
FAIRFX  €1.1474
John Lewis  €1.1489
M&S  €1.1324
Post Office  €1.1310
Sainsburys  €1.1469
TESCO  €1.1490
Travelex  €1.1441
Updated: 17:00 30/07/2021

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X