Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Jun 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Sneeks85
Very Serious Dibber

Tell me about Easter Sunday...

How bad is it really!?!? We are planning on flying out on Good Friday 2022, having a lazy pool day on the Saturday and then hitting a Disney park super early on Easter Sunday. I've heard that if you go early the crowds aren't sooo bad as many americans are at church. Is this the case - or wishful thinking!?!

Were hoping to do HS as first park, I'm guessing MK may tend to be the most popular on Easter Sunday?

Possibly getting a bit carried away, but keeping the hope alive that 2022 will be the year of near normality and we will get there with any luck! 🙏
Sneeks85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sneeks85 View Post
How bad is it really!?!? We are planning on flying out on Good Friday 2022, having a lazy pool day on the Saturday and then hitting a Disney park super early on Easter Sunday. I've heard that if you go early the crowds aren't sooo bad as many americans are at church. Is this the case - or wishful thinking!?!

Were hoping to do HS as first park, I'm guessing MK may tend to be the most popular on Easter Sunday?

Possibly getting a bit carried away, but keeping the hope alive that 2022 will be the year of near normality and we will get there with any luck! 🙏
We did similar in 2016. Flew in Good Friday (some supermarkets had early closing that night... just to be aware), had a bit of a pool and shopping day on the Saturday and went to a park for opening on Easter Sunday. (Seaworld hosts a massive Christian service for thousands at dawn before opening and roads can be busy in that area).

We went to AK for opening, roads between our villa and the park were dead quiet, 15 minutes at most... picked up tickets and magic bands with only 2 in the queue ahead of us and went into a quiet park. It got busier through the morning though we did the rides we wanted early (then FP+).

We ate lunch 12ish without queues and went in to a show after. We came out of the show to crowds.. shoulder to shoulder, really
uncomfortable about 2pm, so we left. Our journey back took 40 min on busy roads (friends had gone to Kennedy space centre , it was very quiet, BUT it took them over 3 hours to get back...) planning is key...

Am envious, Easter is our favourite time... weather wise temps were mid to high 20s with low humidity. Hope it all goes to plan!
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sneeks85
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for this, sounds like exactly the experience we are hoping for - a nice early start and away after lunch when it gets a bit too much...

Have only ever been May/September, so no experience of spring break/Easter crowds. Hoping with Easter being later next year that crowds will drop off a bit after the holiday weekend 🤞
Sneeks85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
We went for a short break at Easter a few years ago. I actually didn’t think it was too busy. We did Hollywood Studios in the morning and Epcot in the evening on Easter Sunday - did the Easter egg hunt was great.
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

We did Easter 2 years ago and went to Magic kingdom for the late afternoon/evening. I can honestly say that I didn’t notice it being worse than other days.
Hitting any park early will always feel quieter so a good idea but I have never felt there were too many people in a part to stop me enjoying myself or doing things I wanted to (fair enough I don’t join the queue for things like seven dwarves unless I hit rope drop, have a fast pass or it’s magic hours - but that is true for me on any visit).
Enjoy planning 🙂
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Sneeks85
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for all the replies, they've made me think maybe I'm not mad for attempting Easter Sunday after all! And I didn't even consider Easter specific activities like the egg hunt, anyone know if this is just at Epcot or do they run at all parks?
Old 11 Jun 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
kingphil
slightly serious Dibber

I guess you need to consider if Easter next year coincides with 'Spring Break' - as that will no doubt bump up the crowd levels.

I did Easter over at Disney back in 2019 and whilst didn't visit a park on Easter Sunday itself, didn't find it too crowded - but Easter was late in 2019 (21st April), so Spring break had more or less finished.

I did go to the theme parks on Good Friday and the days after Easter and all was good.
Old 11 Jun 21, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Easter Sunday, or Resurrection Sunday, is a Christian festival and cultural holiday commemorating the resurrection of Jesus from the dead, described in the New Testament as having occurred on the third day of his burial following his crucifixion by the Romans at Calvary. It is the culmination of the Passion of Jesus, preceded by Lent (or Great Lent), a 40-day period of fasting, prayer, and penance.

There's also a fair bit of chocolate knocking about, which I particularly like.

Hope this helps. 😊

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstygary765
Proud to wear my Ears

We went to AK on Easter Sunday 2019 and then visited again around a week later and it was significantly busier the 2nd visit, The Easter Sunday visit was quite relaxed and no major Qs etc 2nd day avatar ride was 3+hrs
Old 21 Jun 21, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Easter Sunday itself should theoretically be one of the quieter days of that period, since a lot of domestic guests will be travelling home that day as the US don't have the Monday off and it's usually coming towards the end of spring break season. So it creates a little bit of a dip in the crowds.

To use AK in 2019 as an example, the busy day guide is showing crowd levels as 7 on Friday, 9 on Saturday, dipping to 6 on Sunday before going back to 7 on the Monday. The 9 on Saturday is overly inflated as this was its EMH day but you can see this same trend at most the parks.

Edited at 02:32 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List