Notices

Old 21 Jun 21, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

I think it's all become too complicated. Too many talking heads, too many lists, colour charts, testing regimes, rules, exceptions, loopholes, rumors, click bait headlines, too many 'experts' giving different opinions, too many conspiracies and half conspiracies, too many illogical rules around restaurants and bars and too much inconsistency. I don't blame anyone for being sick of the whole thing and I don't blame anyone who is still very concerned and ultra cautious. I do think though that we do need to remember that everyone here is just giving their opinion under these crazy circumstances and even if we all sang from the same hymn sheet here it wouldn't matter a jot on a larger scale so sometimes you have to let things go instead of naming and shaming and getting into he said she said spats.

That said I very much agree with the poster who said it's either a very serious deadly pandemic we are still in the midt of or it's not. At the moment there is mixed messaging. Heck, a year ago, when a bunch of politicians, barristers and their wealthy donors broke the rules to go got a golf dinner here in Ireland my SIL who is a nurse said 'well that's a good way to give the impression it's all overblown. Same with those who said stay home and then flew off themselves to Spain and Italy. Now, if sports stars who are worth hundreds of millions and the almost 80 year old leader of the free world are free to travel, interact have barbecues etc.. then no you can't tell people it's a deadly pandemic and the vaccine is just one tool but all hell could still break lose so stay home and do this and do that.. It doesn't wash with most people. That's not to say people think it's all over but certainly I think when the world's leaders and comfortable having a jolly people are going to belive we can live relatively normal lives now and manage this virus. .

I don't agree with either 'extreme side'. I don't think this is all over let's live exactly as we did in June 2019 today but I also don't agree with the ultra cautious we're in a deadly pandemic and should shut all borders and hunker down until 2023 vaccine or no vaccine. Those sides are very loud on the internet. I think we need to slowly remove restrictions until anyone who wants the jab has had both but no when a headline of a paper is 'covid symptoms may be itchy throat and watery eyes' there is only so much scare mongering I will listen to before I tell you to sod off and get a hobby.
landandword17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
I think it's all become too complicated. Too many talking heads, too many lists, colour charts, testing regimes, rules, exceptions, loopholes, rumors, click bait headlines, too many 'experts' giving different opinions, too many conspiracies and half conspiracies, too many illogical rules around restaurants and bars and too much inconsistency. I don't blame anyone for being sick of the whole thing and I don't blame anyone who is still very concerned and ultra cautious. I do think though that we do need to remember that everyone here is just giving their opinion under these crazy circumstances and even if we all sang from the same hymn sheet here it wouldn't matter a jot on a larger scale so sometimes you have to let things go instead of naming and shaming and getting into he said she said spats.

That said I very much agree with the poster who said it's either a very serious deadly pandemic we are still in the midt of or it's not. At the moment there is mixed messaging. Heck, a year ago, when a bunch of politicians, barristers and their wealthy donors broke the rules to go got a golf dinner here in Ireland my SIL who is a nurse said 'well that's a good way to give the impression it's all overblown. Same with those who said stay home and then flew off themselves to Spain and Italy. Now, if sports stars who are worth hundreds of millions and the almost 80 year old leader of the free world are free to travel, interact have barbecues etc.. then no you can't tell people it's a deadly pandemic and the vaccine is just one tool but all hell could still break lose so stay home and do this and do that.. It doesn't wash with most people. That's not to say people think it's all over but certainly I think when the world's leaders and comfortable having a jolly people are going to belive we can live relatively normal lives now and manage this virus. .

I don't agree with either 'extreme side'. I don't think this is all over let's live exactly as we did in June 2019 today but I also don't agree with the ultra cautious we're in a deadly pandemic and should shut all borders and hunker down until 2023 vaccine or no vaccine. Those sides are very loud on the internet. I think we need to slowly remove restrictions until anyone who wants the jab has had both but no when a headline of a paper is 'covid symptoms may be itchy throat and watery eyes' there is only so much scare mongering I will listen to before I tell you to sod off and get a hobby.
I'd like to both like and love this post
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

That’s always been the case pre pandemic . Some can afford upperclass that those that fly in economy class could never do.
Can say about those that have unlimited funds to do what they like when they like as to those that have to save for years to go on a Disney holiday.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

On a visit to a laboratory in Hertfordshire, Mr Johnson said the Government would “certainly be looking” at exempting vaccinated holidaymakers from quarantine but added: “I want to stress that this is going to be, whatever happens, a difficult year for travel.

“There will be hassle, there will be delays, because the priority has got to be to keep the country safe and stop the virus coming back in.”

Come back in ? It’s already here and always will be you numbskull.
Old 21 Jun 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneySarah
Very Serious Dibber

DisneySarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The thing is with the vaccines is that you ARE safe when you’ve had it. Or as safe as you can be anyway. So, when it comes to travel to other safe countries, I genuinely don’t see what the issue is with the attitude that ‘we have had the vaccine, so we’re safe, let’s get on with it.’ It’s true!

No, not everyone is fully vaccinated BUT the vulnerable groups are. We’re talking about travelling to countries with low rates and good vaccination programs here, and then being tested before travel and on return.

Yes, we could still bring in variants, but that will be a danger forever.

So, what gives? Are the vaccines not as effective as we are told they are? Someone is lying somewhere.
Old 21 Jun 21, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
I think as Mark UK said, people are just frustrated, and we don’t even know who we are responding to anymore!
Maybe I am being brainwashed by the Govt/ The Press/ Martians 👽
I got abducted by the Martians 👽 a couple of months back. I was minding my own business planting my sweetcorn seeds in the Greenhouse and the buggers took me. They kept me for about 5 hours in total and did loads of weird tests on me.

However when I came back they had stripped negativity from me and put a smile back on my face. I know wake up everyday, live life to the fullest (as possible) and make the best of a bad situation. I even enjoy work again.

So the moral of the story is, if the Martians 👽 want to take you, don’t resist. 😀
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneySarah View Post
The thing is with the vaccines is that you ARE safe when you’ve had it. Or as safe as you can be anyway. So, when it comes to travel to other safe countries, I genuinely don’t see what the issue is with the attitude that ‘we have had the vaccine, so we’re safe, let’s get on with it.’ It’s true!

No, not everyone is fully vaccinated BUT the vulnerable groups are. We’re talking about travelling to countries with low rates and good vaccination programs here, and then being tested before travel and on return.

Yes, we could still bring in variants, but that will be a danger forever.

So, what gives? Are the vaccines not as effective as we are told they are? Someone is lying somewhere.
Very good points.

It's starting to unravell a bit for the Govt I think. Their excuses regarding travel no longer wash.
Mr Andy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
On a visit to a laboratory in Hertfordshire, Mr Johnson said the Government would “certainly be looking” at exempting vaccinated holidaymakers from quarantine but added: “I want to stress that this is going to be, whatever happens, a difficult year for travel.

“There will be hassle, there will be delays, because the priority has got to be to keep the country safe and stop the virus coming back in.”

Boris has treated the travel industry disgracefully.
Mr Andy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 02:15 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I think this is the block a the moment. I'm really not sure that has sunk in for a lot of people. I really do think some are still of the opinion that we can eradicate covid and some morning we'll wake up and find there isn't a single case on the planet and never will be. That's just not how it goes and it will be with us for a long time, possibly forever as I understand. But there is a point where we can't do anymore. I'm also not willing to support zero covid measures like forced vaccinations, police breaking up gatherings in private homes, the building of new quarantine facilities (which Australia are currently doing), and the destruction of large parts of our culture like pub culture, theatre, the high street and travel for the masses.

I also suspect that in the US, while there are people who would rather a 'foreigner' never stepped a toe in their country again, those same people are probably blissfully unaware of the current travel restrictions. They likely know no one abroad, never travel abroad and a general dislike of 'foreigners' is a political/tribal identity. I have seen a few comments on other sites attributing the border closures to them but I don't buy it. I think those who express their opposition to letting us in are more likely to be from the States where 80%+ are vaccinated! They are likely to like in more diverse areas, be aware of the restrictions and to be consuming media that presents worst case scenarios. Similarly here it is now those who are cushioned in every way - working from home, good job, lots of savings and now jabbed that are more cautious.

That we are in a position where the fully vaccinated are still very reluctant to move beyond the lockdown/keep everyone out tactics of pre-vaccine 2020 is a problem. I get very uneasy where I see people doing more goalpost moving and saying the jab is 'just one tool', 'not the answer', 'useless against delta', 'won't work until every child has been jabbed too'. As I said in an earlier post when the number 1 and number 3 in the US, 78/81 years old respectively and representing the very cautious anti-Trump contingent, are vaccinated and now back attending events, doing in person studio interviews maskless etc people need to breathe, trust the vaccine and accept that a certain number will not get it, that's out of our control and we can't let them keep us all hostage. There has to be an endpoint where 'living with' is not a cheap soundbite.
landandword17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
Boris has treated the travel industry disgracefully.
Appaently there will be an announcement on Thursday according the the front page of a newspaper. Will believe it when i see it.
aprilshack is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List