Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Jun 21, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Cammywatson033
Helping Minnie

Vrbo No Reviews Villa

Hi guys,

Saw a villa on Vrbo that we like but it doesn’t have any reviews, is this worrying? There is nothing suspicious about it I.e. cheap price etc but just worried that it has no reviews. It’s managed by a company called Dreams Vacation Rentals and I emailed and asked if there was a reason the have no reviews on Vrbo. They emailed back to say that they receive the majority of their rentals elsewhere. They have a website and some reviews on Google but just want to know if anyone would be put off this villa?

Thanks
Cammywatson033 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
This is probably true, some management companies are also using sites now for owners to get guests who will definitely be able to travel, lots of owners who only took brits are now taking guests from other countries
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
walden64
Imagineer

walden64's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We only joined VRBO at the end of last year so even though we have been renting out our home for years we had no reviews.
A couple of potential guests contacted me about it and I could point them in the direction of a couple of UK sites we have always advertised on so they could see those reviews.
Luckily we now have 5* reviews on AirBnB and VRBO.

With its own pool, jacuzzi, internet, games room and backing onto wonderful conservation and wetlands area, it is a great choice for families. Just a couple of minutes from Championsgate

Full details can be found at www.orlando-villa-westhaven.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sunshineviewfloridavilla

walden64 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

As a long time user of VRBO / Homeaway I’d be reticent to pick one with no reviews. As above though everyone has to start somewhere.
Old 22 Jun 21, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Try Googling the name and area of the villa you may find reviews on a different site. I would contact the owners/ management company and ask.

I like VRBO as a site
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

We have the same problem with the Dibb actually. Once people have a lot of reviews it's hard to break through. On the other hand we have many many reviews on VRBO and fortunately they are our main advertising platform which has certainly worked to our advantage this year.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Pixiebelle
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
We have the same problem with the Dibb actually. Once people have a lot of reviews it's hard to break through. On the other hand we have many many reviews on VRBO and fortunately they are our main advertising platform which has certainly worked to our advantage this year.
Same here... we have a few reviews from Dibb guests but over 70= reviews on VRBO. We have also found in the past that sometimes guests have been unable to submit a review because the platfform didn't allow unless it had been booked through VRBO.

Luxury 4 bedroom 2 bathroom pool home with Gamesroom. Free wi-fi, cable TV in all rooms, covered lanai - 8 miles from Disney.

60inch TV in Living Room
Xbox One with 37inch TV and games
40inch TV's in bedrooms
Refurbished pool with colour changing lights and a friendly dolphin to swim with.

Guest Reviews: http://www.mydisneyfloridavilla.co.uk/3127/3257.html

Pixiebelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pixiebelle View Post
Same here... we have a few reviews from Dibb guests but over 70= reviews on VRBO. We have also found in the past that sometimes guests have been unable to submit a review because the platfform didn't allow unless it had been booked through VRBO.
Yes but that guarantees all reviews are absolutely genuine and we can't do anything about them.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiebelle
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Yes but that guarantees all reviews are absolutely genuine and we can't do anything about them.
Very true however I have to submit all my external bookings onto the VRBO calendar it would be nice if guests could submit their reviews as well through the platform.

Luxury 4 bedroom 2 bathroom pool home with Gamesroom. Free wi-fi, cable TV in all rooms, covered lanai - 8 miles from Disney.

60inch TV in Living Room
Xbox One with 37inch TV and games
40inch TV's in bedrooms
Refurbished pool with colour changing lights and a friendly dolphin to swim with.

Guest Reviews: http://www.mydisneyfloridavilla.co.uk/3127/3257.html

Pixiebelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pixiebelle View Post
Very true however I have to submit all my external bookings onto the VRBO calendar it would be nice if guests could submit their reviews as well through the platform.
Yes they did used to be able to too.