Notices

Old 22 Jun 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
Imagineer

does the 10 day contact isolation still apply?

Someone I know had their child sent home from school yesterday as a child in their class tested positive. Said child has today woken up with a cough/runny nose but they are not isolating and have been out shopping today- apparently they did a lft yesterday that was neg so they say they don't need to stay home as they don't have covid and the parents have been vaccinated
They are also still planning on going away to a holiday park at the weekend

I thought you still had to self isolate if you were told you were a possible contact or had symptoms?
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mandco View Post
Someone I know had their child sent home from school yesterday as a child in their class tested positive. Said child has today woken up with a cough/runny nose but they are not isolating and have been out shopping today- apparently they did a lft yesterday that was neg so they say they don't need to stay home as they don't have covid and the parents have been vaccinated

I thought you still had to self isolate if you were told you were a possible contact or had symptoms?
Going through this now with my daughter, yes you have to stay in the house, can only go in the garden (as long as it isn't a shared garden, They are not supposed to go out shopping or go away
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
Going through this now with my daughter, yes you have to stay in the house, can only go in the garden (as long as it isn't a shared garden, They are not supposed to go out shopping or go away
Do you believe this is a legal requirement? If yes, can you point me to the appropriate statutory requirement as I canít find it, particularly if the school is a Trust and the teachers are not employed by local government? Or are you saying itís a rule that just should be followed with no legal requirement? I havenít looked in detail though so Iím interested if someone has the relevant piece of statute.

Edited at 11:17 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
VIP Dibber

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

The child should be isolating for 10 days and if they now have a cough they should go for a pcr test. Not sure if they would have to continue to isolate if the pcr was negative but probably as they have been in contact with someone.
Old 22 Jun 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Do you believe this is a legal requirement? If yes, can you point me to the appropriate statutory requirement as I canít find it, particularly if the school is a Trust and the teachers are not employed by local government? Or are you saying itís a rule that just should be followed with no legal requirement? I havenít looked in detail though so Iím interested if someone has the relevant piece of statute.
It is on the NHS website

It's a legal requirement to self-isolate if you are told to by NHS Test and Trace. You could be fined if you do not self-isolate.
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

This is the letter we had from the school, (I have taken out the name of the schoo for privacy

Date: 20th June 2021

Dear Parent or Carer,

Re: Contact of confirmed case of COVID-19 in Primary School

NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect trace everyone who have been in contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 (Coronavirus).

Your child has been identified as a contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19 and will now need to self-isolate for 10 days from DATE (the last contact they had with the case). By identifying contacts and asking them to self-isolate for 10 days, we will reduce the possible spread of COVID-19 from contacts to their family, friends and the wider community.

Self-isolation advice requires your child to stay at home, not to go outdoors to exercise, to visit shops, family or friends, or other public spaces. Please do not invite people to your home. Further information on self-isolation can be found in the links at the bottom of this letter.

If your child remains well, the other members of the household do not need to isolate and can continue with their normal activities. If your child is still well at the end of the 10-day period of self-isolation, they can return to Primary School and their other usual activities on Monday 28th June.

To reduce the risk of COVID-19 spreading, there are things that everyone in your family can do to help. These include:

washing hands with soap and water often Ė do this for at least 20 seconds
using hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
washing hands as soon as they get home
covering their mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve (not their hands) when they cough or sneeze
putting used tissues in the bin immediately and washing hands afterwards
continuing to follow Government guidelines to avoid the spread of the virus
Please be alert for symptoms of COVID-19 in your child, which are:

A new or continuous cough
A high temperature (37.8įC or over)
A loss of or change to sense of smell or taste
If your child develops ANY of these symptoms, even if they are mild:

Book a PCR test for them by phoning 01639 862757 or 119 or through the online portal: nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test
Inform Primary School that they are unwell with COVID-19 symptoms and that you have requested a test
Your child should remain in self-isolation
All other household members should isolate (until further direction is received pending the test result)
Do not visit a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital but if you require medical advice please contact NHS 111 or telephone your GP. If there is a medical emergency phone 999
If you require medical advice for COVID-19 symptoms or another reason, please inform the healthcare worker that your child is a contact of a case of COVID-19 and in self-isolation
Please follow the advice provided when your child receives their test result
If your child does not have symptoms:

If your child has not tested positive in the last 90 days and has been identified as a contact of a positive case, they are advised to take two PCR tests. You can arrange this by phoning 01639 862757. The PCR tests should be carried out on day 1 of their isolation (or as near to the start of isolation as possible) and also 2 days before the end of self-isolation (day 8). This is because symptoms may still develop within this time period and it is still possible to infect other people with the virus.

If the test is positive you will be contacted by TTP again to make sure your child and household have support to self-isolate.

The 10-day period of self-isolation cannot be reduced by having a test. If your child has a test and it is negative, they must continue to self-isolate until the end of their isolation period as a contact of a confirmed case.

Further formation on Test, Trace, Protect can be found here gov.wales/test-trace-protect-coronavirus

Further information on symptoms and self-isolation can be found here gov.wales/symptoms-and-self-...ontact-tracing

For general information on COVID-19 gov.wales/protect-yourself-others-coronavirus

The COVID-19 online symptom checker can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do gov.wales/check-if-you-need-...s-medical-help

If you have been notified by the NHS or public health authorities and are asked to self-isolate as a contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus, your notification is proof to your employer. You may also be entitled to Statutory Sick Pay (SSP). For eligibility please check gov.uk/statutory-sick-pay/eligibility

If you are on low income or facing financial hardship as a result of having to self-isolate, you can apply for a Welsh Government funded payment via swansea.gov.uk/isolationpayment

Advice and guidance to help you cope with isolation can be found at swansea.gov.uk/coronavirushelp
Old 22 Jun 21, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Beth_Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I'm bored so I've just googled it and it looks like it's a legal requirement legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/1045/contents Section 2B

2B.ó(1) This regulation applies where an adult is notified by a relevant person, other than by means of the NHS Covid 19 smartphone app developed and operated by the Secretary of State, tható

(a)they have had close contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus, or
(b)a child in respect of whom they are a responsible adult has come into close contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus.

Interpretations lists what "relevant person" means -
(a)the Secretary of State,
(b)a person who is employed or engaged for the purposes of the health service (within the meaning of section 275 of the National Health Service Act 2006) in communicable disease control, or
(c)a person employed or engaged by a local authority in communicable disease control;

So, engaged by a local authority would cover Academy staff being employed by the Trust, rather than the local authority.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mandco View Post

If they've been sent home as a close contact they need to isolate.

If they develop symptoms then the whole house need to isolate.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
alp1972
VIP Dibber

alp1972's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yes they will still need to isolate , My daughter went back to school then tested positive and now her whole class and teacher have to isolate for 10 days . The case was confirmed by a PCR.

2020: Coronado Springs/Portofino Bay/Villa
2019: Cabana Bay
2017: Coronado Springs & Cabana Bay
2016: New York
2015: LBV Resort and Spa / Portofino Bay
2012: LBV Resort and Spa
2010: San Francisco, Las Vegas and St Lucia, Honeymoon
alp1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
The parent doesnít have to isolate unless / until the child tests positive but the child does.

Also some people are being offered an option to test daily and not isolate.

Edited at 01:01 PM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List