Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jun 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

Will let you know later on - off to collect our new Ford Kuga PHEV in a bit!
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Deb B
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you! I love the look of the merc and it fits well with budget, whereas I’m not keen on the full electrics available in the same price range. My drive to work is only 20 miles so I’m hoping I can manage largely on electric for commuting 😊
Deb B is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ansi41
VIP Dibber

We have just got rid of our Mitsubishi Outlander plug in hybrid.
Contrary to what we were told, a full charge at home using a Podpoint home charger, we were only getting about 18 miles (we were told 30 . This would have been ok to get to work and back). They say the average mpg on one of these was 156 mpg but you would only get that if you were rolling down a very large hill all day! We were totally missold and we have been told that at some point in the future there is going to be a huge mis selling lawsuit against these companies who promise these type of figures. We will be first in the queue.
We would spend £40 per week on petrol and £10 electric at home and we would get on average 250 miles out of that! On that, there was no fast driving, no motorways,we were always trying to drive carefully and efficiently and would self charge at every chance we got but I've got to say it was the least economical car we have ever had. DH would watch Youtube videos endlessly trying to find ways to increase the electric mileage, but nothing worked. We realised that the only people that recommended this car was people who didn't travel far, maybe just to Tesco's and back.
On these type of cars I would say ignore what the sales person tells you and do your own research, and lots of it and certainly lower your expectations of how many miles it will do on electric (especially in winter).
So, we have gone back to a diesel Mercedes E class and I must say it's lovely to not have to keep watching the gauges in horror as the fuel/electric disappears.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
ansi41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

What car reviews are good at telling you the actual real life range you can expect from some electric/ plug in cars.

We didn't end up getting our car yesterday - problem with finance and now waiting on resolution - I am not a happy bunny!
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
The Wards
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes we love the merc. The tech inside is amazing too - real time camera when pulling up to the traffic lights etc. Its very different driving experience (I haven't tried as yet!) as its automatic too and lots of different 'helpful' features. But husband loves it
Old 29 Jun 21, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Lu Lu View Post
What car reviews are good at telling you the actual real life range you can expect from some electric/ plug in cars.

We didn't end up getting our car yesterday - problem with finance and now waiting on resolution - I am not a happy bunny!
Good luck with the Kuga. They have been a real nightmare since launch then suspended from sale due to battery problems, software problems. Build quality , water leaks . Etc etc etc. Luckily all kugas should have had replacement batteries and updates and other issues sorted now.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List