Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jun 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
madasahat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
Its not getting the calls its that it looks like I am making them. That said I missed a call yesterday where the first 6 digits wer the same as mine and the call earlier today claiming I had called them had the first 7 digits the same.

Lets hope the mobile providers manage to stop this happening at some point.
its impossible to stop i am afraid
orlando sun Villa 2011 2012 2013 villa velvet 2014 Killa villa 2015 orlando sun villa 2017 lake berkeley 2018 lake berkeley 2022
madasahat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

My home phone is perfectly good and gets no spam calls ever as I have call protect on it. My new soon to be turned on broadband home phone also have call protect on it.

The number of calls to my mobile is increasing. Had one pretending to be car phone warehouse this afternoon. No more call spoofing coming from me so the randomiser has moved on to someone else.
DB, is it possible to ignore unknown numbers to your mobi? If legit they'll likely call back as you're internet checking the number. If not legit, answering shows cold callers the number is 'in use' active.

Also noticed increasd calls to my mobi, from supposed other mobi numbers, as I rarely get calls on my mobi it cold call/scam compounds. Gave hubs my iphone 5S two years ago, put in a free sim [no credit], he's never made, and doesn't want to, make calls, it's purely to wifi use Duo/Whatsapp etc., he too gets [ignored] cold calls.
Old 23 Jun 21, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post
Is there a way you can get a call diverted automatically to voice mail, on an iPhone, if it is a number not in your contacts?
Kind of, it's a bit of a 'hack' using Do not Distrub.

Turn it on, set "Silence" for always instead of when locked, then set "allow calls from" to All Contacts.

Now anyone not in your contacts won't ring, vibrate or even light up on the phone. They'll go to v/m if you have it setup to do that when you don't answer.

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
laura
Imagineer

I have had lots of these calls over the last few weeks, I block the number but then a different number calls with same message, they say they are from my internet provider which is about to be cut off .
It’s maddening as if your waiting for a call from hospital etc then you need to answer the number you don’t recognise incase it’s them.
Old 23 Jun 21, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
DB, is it possible to ignore unknown numbers to your mobi? If legit they'll likely call back as you're internet checking the number. If not legit, answering shows cold callers the number is 'in use' active.

Also noticed increasd calls to my mobi, from supposed other mobi numbers, as I rarely get calls on my mobi it cold call/scam compounds. Gave hubs my iphone 5S two years ago, put in a free sim [no credit], he's never made, and doesn't want to, make calls, it's purely to wifi use Duo/Whatsapp etc., he too gets [ignored] cold calls.
I am not the one getting the calls. It’s my number being used to make them.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

I am not the one getting the calls. It’s my number being used to make them.
I'm fully aware of that, as per my original reply to you, but you also mention you were getting more calls on your mobi too, hence my suggestion!
Old 23 Jun 21, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by laura View Post
I have had lots of these calls over the last few weeks, I block the number but then a different number calls with same message, they say they are from my internet provider which is about to be cut off .
It’s maddening as if your waiting for a call from hospital etc then you need to answer the number you don’t recognise incase it’s them.
Hi Mary - it's incoming numbers mimicking a mobi [oft +44 790] that I won't answer and block. I currently receive calls from our surgery or the hospital but they begin with codes I recognise [+ 44 191 for example] and add to contacts.

Edited at 10:49 PM.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
I'm fully aware of that, as per my original reply to you, but you also mention you were getting more calls on your mobi too, hence my suggestion!
Sorry, easily confused. Just got a mail from BT tonight to say my landline is moving over to the broadband after the 30th.. Now got to go and read the instructions for the new Alexa driven landline phone!
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 01:42 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Sorry, easily confused. Just got a mail from BT tonight to say my landline is moving over to the broadband after the 30th.. Now got to go and read the instructions for the new Alexa driven landline phone!
No bother DB - good luck with the Alexa driven landline - stay well .