Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Sep 17, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Pantaloons
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Pandora / FOP is out of this world!

Sadly I write this en route home from MCO but I cannot speak highly enough about Pandora and FOP.

The entire world is themed beyond belief. It is like 2 entirely different places at day and at night.

I also cannot thank the Cast Members and Guest Relations who accommodated us due to the disruptions of Irma.

Having 2 x FP+ for Flight of Passage on Sunday 10th and Monday 11th Guest Relations in AK moved one of these to an Anytime FP when we visited on Saturday 9th before the enforced Irma closures. We got talking to the CM at FOP ride and they happily let us ride again seeing we also had another FP+ for the Monday. At this rate we knew if we came back we would have to queue up for 2+ hrs during standby.

With a little magic dust and stretching the truth (on our end), we got talking to a CM in Pandora lastnight and mentioned the park had been closed on the days we had originally planned. We showed a Screenshot of our planned FP+ for Monday 11th and at first the younger CM said there was nothing he could do but the more senior CM waved us through and told us to enjoy the ride.

Its by far the most incredible ride I've ever experienced. The sounds, the smells, the sights, its truly breathtaking. I want to thank the CMs and Guest Relations for fitting us on 3 times over our 2 week stay. It was by far our favourite ride and is a testament to Disney always looking to make your visit magical.
Pantaloons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I do agree. It's the most authentic simulator I've been on and it's based on an alien planet so that's saying something!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Always_dreaming
Excited about Disney

Sounds amazing, and what good service you had I was unable to bag us FP for FoP in a few weeks as we are staying off resort so we are hoping to ride it at 'rope drop' because the reviews are so amazing! Rope drop has now been moved to 8am, so it's going to be a VERY early morning for us that day!
Always_dreaming is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Pantaloons
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Always_dreaming View Post
Sounds amazing, and what good service you had I was unable to bag us FP for FoP in a few weeks as we are staying off resort so we are hoping to ride it at 'rope drop' because the reviews are so amazing! Rope drop has now been moved to 8am, so it's going to be a VERY early morning for us that day!
Honestly, of all the rides across Disney, Universal, Busch, Seaworld, it's worth the 2hr wait.
Pantaloons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Pantaloons View Post
I cannot speak highly enough about Pandora and FOP.
The entire world is themed beyond belief. It is like 2 entirely different places at day and at night.
It is an amazing place and Flight of Passage is in many people's opinion, including mine, the best ride at WDW. Seeing Pandora during the day and night is a must do if you can.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow that's awesome! I've not been yet to pandora but it's in the agenda for a couple of days time. Sadly we lost our FOP FPs due to Irma and they weren't replaced but I did manage to get a navi one so looking forward to that. Hoping we can catch FOP next time we come as with two little kids there's no way one of us can queue standby. Sounds amazing though!
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pantaloons View Post
Is night or day best? We have fast passes for an evening when it will be dark. How long can you spend just walking around the area, is it quite big?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Dibsdoo View Post
Is night or day best? We have fast passes for an evening when it will be dark. How long can you spend just walking around the area, is it quite big?
It’s certainly worth seeing at night but very busy. It’s not huge though so doesn’t take long to walk round. Unless we missed a bit!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 03:16 AM  
Link to this Post
ian180
Apprentice Imagineer

Best ride ever! My wife's first words coming off it 5 days ago. As the OP, our concierge was great at rearranging all our Irma lost FPs, including Frozen and Naavi. Last full day today 🙁, but have managed a 11am FP tomorrow before our MDE pickup at 3.30. Third ride and v lucky to get it, having seen a 150 minute wait! Best FP ever!

Edited at 03:17 AM.
ian180 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 03:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ian180 View Post
Best ride ever! My wife's first words coming off it 5 days ago. As the OP, our concierge was great at rearranging all our Irma lost FPs, including Frozen and Naavi. Last full day today 🙁, but have managed a 11am FP tomorrow before our MDE pickup at 3.30. Third ride and v lucky to get it, having seen a 150 minute wait! Best FP ever!
Glad its living up to the hype. We cant wait to experience this. Have a fab last day.