Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Feb 24, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Next, very disappointed.

This is totally a first world problem. But I was very excited, then rather disappointed, and I thought next were meant to be good.

Last night I ordered the Lego Hungarian horn tail model. It is retired so I was happy to find it on next with their standard next day delivery.

So, I came back from my volunteering. Excitedly get the package. Think hmm, smaller than I expected, but didn’t think a whole lot of it. I open the package, and it’s a plain box. I opened it and there’s a single Laura Ashley side plate in the box. Needless to say I am rather disappointed.

I googled the plate, next don’t currently have it on their website, at least not that I can see. It was on John Lewis, who have it in a set if 4, for £48.

I phoned next, the dragon is no longer in stock. And they said we will refund you, when we get the plate back.

Yeah, not great customer service, I have to say.
hexagon is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 24, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I guess someone at dispatch wanted it for themselves. Maybe I'm being too cynical and it was an honest mistake. Disappointing for you though.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 24, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Next sent me a Star Wars money box instead of a mirror. Luckily they still had it in stock but it was annoying at the time.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 24, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
I guess someone at dispatch wanted it for themselves. Maybe I'm being too cynical and it was an honest mistake. Disappointing for you though.
Yeah that was my thinking too 🤷
hexagon is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 24, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Sounds a bit odd. Either a mistake or theft somewhere
Old 19 Feb 24, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Nomis
Apprentice Imagineer

Is it a nice plate ?
Nomis is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 24, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Nomis View Post
Is it a nice plate ?
Not to my taste. Much rather have the Lego 😂
Old 20 Feb 24, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hexagon View Post
This is totally a first world problem. But I was very excited, then rather disappointed, and I thought next were meant to be good.

Last night I ordered the Lego Hungarian horn tail model. It is retired so I was happy to find it on next with their standard next day delivery.

So, I came back from my volunteering. Excitedly get the package. Think hmm, smaller than I expected, but didn’t think a whole lot of it. I open the package, and it’s a plain box. I opened it and there’s a single Laura Ashley side plate in the box. Needless to say I am rather disappointed.

I googled the plate, next don’t currently have it on their website, at least not that I can see. It was on John Lewis, who have it in a set if 4, for £48.

I phoned next, the dragon is no longer in stock. And they said we will refund you, when we get the plate back.

Yeah, not great customer service, I have to say.
Are they paying the cost for you to return the plate, eg, a pre-paid label or they’re arranging a courier pick-up?

Under the Consumer Credit Act, they’ve provided an item that isn’t as described; you’re entitled to a full refund and they have to bear the cost of the return postage.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 24, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
Are they paying the cost for you to return the plate, eg, a pre-paid label or they’re arranging a courier pick-up?

Under the Consumer Credit Act, they’ve provided an item that isn’t as described; you’re entitled to a full refund and they have to bear the cost of the return postage.
Yes it is a pre paid label.
Old 20 Feb 24, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

I’ve had several issues with shoes with next. Things like them but being the right ones, the box saying they are but the wrong ones inside, two different shoes in the box etc. Each time, I’ve had to chase them to get the postage refunded both ways as they would pay for the return postage but still charge me for the initial delivery despite them sending the wrong item.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List