Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 May 21, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile Virgin FC Points

Hi all, I’ve been a flying club member for years but never racked up more than 20,000 and they are just flying miles. I see on here every day people with so many points. How do people do this? Really intrigued to know how I can collect points other than by actually flying and would appreciate any tips! Thanks in advance.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Arsenal8
Very Serious Dibber

I have the credit card which gives me flying club miles for every £ I spend.
Arsenal8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Northwich
Dancing with Tink'

There’s also the ‘shops away’ website. It’s like a cash back website but is operated by Virgin and isn’t linked to their credit card. For example, I got 290 FC points when I brought my new tumble drier, I get about 20 points every time I use just eat and so on.

You can also link you Tesco Clubcard vouchers to the Virgin flying club. For every £2.50 you gain in Tesco vouchers, you can swap for 625 FC points.

I’ve gotten 31,000 points from just those 2 methods alone, so it’s worth a look.
Northwich is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Brilliant, thanks both.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
We have the credit card too... use it for everyday spends and pay off each month.

Plus usually get a big bonus number of points when joining.
Old 7 May 21, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

I use e rewards it's a questionnaire website just asks you opinion on stuff and you can convert rewards points to virgin points
Wolverine is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Hill_10
Trying for More Ears

Download the ‘Virgin Red’ app. That will detail how to earn and spend miles and has frequent competitions to win more miles.

apps.apple/gb/app/virgin-red/id1533988059

Edited at 09:43 AM.
Hill_10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Yipykayay
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
I use e rewards it's a questionnaire website just asks you opinion on stuff and you can convert rewards points to virgin points
I do the surveys too. The points soon add up
Yipykayay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I put literally all my normal spending through Amex then pay it straight off. 1 point for every £1, 2 for every $1

I do online surveys that gets me 2000 a month & takes around 30 minutes at the weekend.

I go through Virgin Red for any online purchases, Etsy, M&S, Curry’s etc.

My Tesco points auto convert to VS miles - there was a 2000 incentive to set that up.

We’ve had 4 UC returns from doing this, March 2020 we’re the last plus I’d collected enough to buy 2 more for next Feb.

We also book cash flights in between so get mules from them & boost them sometimes although I prefer the free miles from everywhere else.

It’s my newish obsession!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Having the credit card has ramped mine up massively, I put absolutely everything on it and pay it off each month in full. Also my Tesco clubcard points automatically change to virgin points.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List