Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Apr 21, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

We’re booked with Virgin to fly out on May 29th, but I doubt it will be happening. According to MCO’s website Virgin aren’t due to resume flights until June 1st - not sure if BA is the same.
wdw-wanderer is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I'm sorry I'm going to tell you to step away from the laptop! I'm guessing that you are not over 50 (?) due to small children so haven't yet had your first jab? As I'm not due my second one until late May/Early June I honestly think that you will have to have had both to have any chance of going. Reading between the current lines I can see them also demanding a test before you go, at least one there & then yet another before you come back. That's assuming that the 17th happens of course, not what you want to hear of course but this from a guy who thought there was no way I wouldn't be there on May 6th when I had to cancel last year!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
buzzbuzz
VIP Dibber

all to gain with not a lot to lose, apart from the disappointment of not going if things don't work out. we are booked for early July, so i certainly hope you go!
good luck with it.
buzzbuzz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Suggs
Earning More Ears

Really hope it happens for you. and fingers crossed.

Although we may be able to travel to the States from the 17th May we also need the States to allow UK travelers into the country. I am not sure that will happen in May.
Suggs is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

I really hope you book as it’s a hope on the horizon and that’s so important ... we all need the positive so much.
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
cd900
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
I'm sorry I'm going to tell you to step away from the laptop! I'm guessing that you are not over 50 (?) due to small children so haven't yet had your first jab? As I'm not due my second one until late May/Early June I honestly think that you will have to have had both to have any chance of going. Reading between the current lines I can see them also demanding a test before you go, at least one there & then yet another before you come back. That's assuming that the 17th happens of course, not what you want to hear of course but this from a guy who thought there was no way I wouldn't be there on May 6th when I had to cancel last year!
SD
Thank you for a balanced opinion! We’re not vaccinated and not likely to be before we go. I would hope there would be an alternative to vaccination, like testing... it’s a risk! Anyway, I’ve tried multiple times to book and the BA website keeps crashing at the last stage. I’m wondering if I should take that as a sign 😄
Old 6 Apr 21, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
SamShakes
Helping Mickey

I would say go for it, BA’s deposits are so low and with the flexibility, you could move it! We are due to fly to Vegas on 31st May and still hoping to go 🤷🏻
SamShakes is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SamShakes View Post
I would say go for it, BA’s deposits are so low and with the flexibility, you could move it! We are due to fly to Vegas on 31st May and still hoping to go 🤷🏻
Great ... hope you make it ... The day that 1st holiday flight across the pond takes off ... I might have to do a little dance , lol 😂😂😂😂

Edited at 03:38 PM.
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
SamShakes
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by Hughseysar View Post
Great ... hope you make it ... They day that’s 1st holiday flight across the pond takes off ... I might have to do a little dance , lol 😂😂😂😂
Gosh can you imagine! I think everyone will be celebrating haha
SamShakes is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

There will be lots of tears when we all finally get back on those aircraft 🛫✈️🛬🎡🎢🎠🏰🏩🌅