Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 May 21, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
kedo_21
A Guest at All-Stars

Virgin Reward card /Flying Club

Hi Guys,

I've recently got a reward card from Virgin A and tried to link my Wifes Flying club account as that already contains 15K miles that we have built up. They have come back and said they cant link it because its in her name even though she's a card holder.

Ideally we just want 1 Flying club account so does anyone have any experience in combining accounts transferring details etc.. We really don't want to pay the transfer fee for 15k mles as it defeats the object? The only other option would be to use 2 flying club accounts for 1 booking?

Hope this makes sense

Thanks
Dan
kedo_21 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
prettymiarose
Excited about Disney

I’m no expert (reward flights confuse me!) but I’ve always booked over the phone giving all our family flyer club numbers and they take off the points value from the total balance of the booking. I always fine them to be really helpful when booking over the phone as they give you advice on best way to use the points. Happy booking!
Old 1 May 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

I don’t believe you can have one FC account for two cards. However, I’ve usually found them very helpful in combining miles from our different FC accounts for flights at no cost. In fact I’ve just last week booked such a flight for our son and we’ve done so a few times in the past.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

Each card Holder as their own flying club account, same with earning miles on flights each member earns they’re own points. Normally you will also have to have enough points to book a flight. ie if you need 45k points and you only have 40k then you will need to add 5k to your account, you can have these transferred from your wife’s account for a fee, however some agents will do this for free especially in these times but it’s not the norm. They have Been very good lately with transferring points from one to another free of charge. .
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
kedo_21
A Guest at All-Stars

Thanks guys for your info,
So I've just spoke to Virgin and they are always happy to combine miles free of charge along as one of the accounts has at least half of the total being used. So for example a free reward round trip off peak from Man- Orlando is 25k Points therefore we would need to have at least 12.5K in one of the accounts.
kedo_21 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List