Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 10 May 21, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

New Jane McDonald cruising

Did anyone see this last night? she mentioned it was February, so I’m guessing it was filmed last year, part way through she was quite poorly, my first thought was omg I wonder if she had Covid!
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
I watched it mainly as I’m booked on the Sky Princess in September, I won’t be watching again as I ended up booking another cruise 😂
If memory serves, watching this type of programme is what made me book my Alaskan cruise pre COVID!

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Normally I enjoy Jane’s cruising programmes it but I gave up about 15mins from the end as found it tedious. All the activity segments were far too long and involved chatting with people who really had nothing of interest to say. Might have been nice to see a bit more of St Thomas (beautiful island & gorgeous beaches), instead we got a quick look at the shopping street and a long segment on the cocktail party. Didn’t cover Princes Keys very well (no mention of included food provision) instead focussed on what (payable) extras you can do. Assume she was on the Drinks Package but it was never mentioned.
As you say, she clearly wasn’t very well and I think she did well filming when she wasn’t her best. Also (may be wrong here) but I read that there are only 2 episodes on the ship as Covid restrictions cut things short, so perhaps some segments were padded out a bit.
Was lovely to see the Sky Princess as we have been on her sister ships, Royal & Regal, but would have liked to see a bit more on dinning, shows and activities other than the steel drum lesson.
I’m having a grumble as was disappointed, programme was 1hr 20mins long but could easily have been done in half that.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Oh it was actually new?! I saw it and thought oh it’s just a repeat and they’ve put new as its new to that channel as they seem to do

Will have a look on catch up as I like watching her on her travels
Wonder what she’s been doing since COVID struck as she just seems to do these travel shows
Old 10 May 21, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Oh it was actually new?! I saw it and thought oh it’s just a repeat and they’ve put new as its new to that channel as they seem to do

Wonder what she’s been doing since COVID struck as she just seems to do these travel shows
Spending time with her partner in his last months I imagine , she also tours as a singer in normal times ,like every other entertainer work has been very limited. bbc/news/entertainment-arts-56672773

Edited at 10:15 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Spending time with her partner in his last months I imagine bbc/news/entertainment-arts-56672773

Oh no 😞
That’s awful
Old 10 May 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post

I read it was filmed in Feb 2020.
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
I read it was filmed in Feb 2020.
She only just managed it then
I’m watching now and she’s got laryngitis- not ideal for a presenter 😂
I had it for once and I lost my voice completely- it’s not ideal

Edited at 11:27 AM.
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Some of it was filmed on the thames in October last year which will be shown the end of this month.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando_Kings
Very Serious Dibber

Orlando_Kings's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

I watched it and was happy to see a timely show giving us all some holiday joys to look forward too ☺️

Was good at the beginning bas she was at Fort Lauderdale before the cruise set sail