Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 May 21, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Have you read about Toby Inns carvery. When they open it’s going to be table service after you have requested what you want on your plate. Being a person with a small appetite it wouldn’t bother me but someone with a larger appetite or wanting their money’s worth will be disappointed at not being able to pile it high. I’ve seen some greedy articles at some places
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 21, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Flashback, flashback, wibbly wobbly screen...

You only tip 10% at buffet restaurants, right?

Ah, it's like old times again!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 21, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post

How accurate is the Busy Day Guide? I want a FP for the Great Movie Ride at MGM!

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 21, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Didn’t even notice you gone
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 21, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
Have you read about Toby Inns carvery. When they open it’s going to be table service after you have requested what you want on your plate. Being a person with a small appetite it wouldn’t bother me but someone with a larger appetite or wanting their money’s worth will be disappointed at not being able to pile it high. I’ve seen some greedy articles at some places
Which one was I at when you saw me? 😂
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 21, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

How much are the tolls on the route from MCO to Disney.
Old 13 May 21, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

How many times will attractions go rogue when you have been on them after the buffet ?
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 21, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post

If the service is satisfactory then 10% is a fair tip at a buffet restaurant but that is only if you get a reasonable level of service. The worst buffet service I got was in the very overpriced CP in MK where my waiter spent 99.9% of his time chatting to the large American family next to our table and we were lucky to have got served the one drink (the food is better in Dennys and a quarter of the price), Suffice to say the waiter never got a 10% tip.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
If the service is satisfactory then 10% is a fair tip at a buffet restaurant but that is only if you get a reasonable level of service. The worst buffet service I got was in the very overpriced CP in MK where my waiter spent 99.9% of his time chatting to the large American family next to our table and we were lucky to have got served the one drink (the food is better in Dennys and a quarter of the price), Suffice to say the waiter never got a 10% tip.
As a generous and big hearted guy like you are Mickey that must have hurt you but You are correct bad service should mean 0 tip. Glad you are back to give us your sage wisdom .

Edited at 09:24 PM.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 21, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
When I am in a Disney restaurant on my own I always get mediocre service but when I'm there with my OH who is an absolute scorcher, the service is always perfect and very friendly, even the women. In fact I would say a little too friendly. I would post her picture but your drool would probably short circuit your keyboard.

I don't have a question I just wanted to say that.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List