Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 20 May 21, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Liverpool docks

Question for Liverpool people / anyone with experience of the docks.

We’re not telling the girls about the cruise until we arrive, and then we’re going to say we’ve just come to have a look at the Magic ahead of our Easter cruise. I was just thinking that if we’re denied boarding, they won’t even get to do that really. Is there anywhere we could genuinely park for a moment to see the Magic before we go to testing etc?
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
D23er
Trying for More Ears

There's on road parking on water Street but spaces are very limited.
D23er is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
There are a lot of car-park options nearby (not sure which one is recommended for people on the cruise).

The road which you can normally drive down at the side of the ship will likely be closed, and there are also a lot of roadworks going on through November, I believe.

So won't be many options to just stop and get a good view of the ship. Anything would have to be a short stay car park.
Old 20 May 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Question for Liverpool people / anyone with experience of the docks.

We’re not telling the girls about the cruise until we arrive, and then we’re going to say we’ve just come to have a look at the Magic ahead of our Easter cruise. I was just thinking that if we’re denied boarding, they won’t even get to do that really. Is there anywhere we could genuinely park for a moment to see the Magic before we go to testing etc?
I feel excited for you, planning this

I’ve watched too many “Surprise we’re going on a cruise videos” on You Tube!
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
There are a lot of car-park options nearby (not sure which one is recommended for people on the cruise).

The road which you can normally drive down at the side of the ship will likely be closed, and there are also a lot of roadworks going on through November, I believe.

So won't be many options to just stop and get a good view of the ship. Anything would have to be a short stay car park.
That’s a shame, I guess we’ll just have to cross fingers that we don’t all suddenly decide to contract covid right before our trip, so we get a perfect close-up view as we board 🛳

I’m still not actually sure what we do about getting to the testing area in the first place - I know there are recommended long-stay car parks if you’re leaving your car, but we’re being dropped off, so I’m waiting to hear from DCL what the arrangements are for people arriving.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinkbelle View Post
I feel excited for you, planning this

I’ve watched too many “Surprise we’re going on a cruise videos” on You Tube!
Haha, me too! I’m only keeping it a secret in case it doesn’t happen - the girls have had too many disappointments in the last year, and they don’t need me setting up another one. I’m actually really excited about the last minute reveal though - by then, most of the things that could stop us from going will be safely behind us, and we’ll just need to test negative. I was thinking of printing tickets to give them when we arrive, preferably while we’re “there to look at the ship”!
Old 20 May 21, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

There is a multi story car park next to the Malmasion Hotel and there is a foot bridge directly over to were the ship should be . https://liverpoolwaters.co.uk/car-parking/#on-foot-parking.

A little bit further you could park in Costco for free (couple of hours max). Or on a Sunday parking on Gibraltor Row is free, but i would not leave any bags etc in view.

But if you do test negative and go on the cruise what is your plan for parking for the duration of the cruise ?
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
There is a multi story car park next to the Malmasion Hotel and there is a foot bridge directly over to were the ship should be . https://liverpoolwaters.co.uk/car-parking/#on-foot-parking.

A little bit further you could park in Costco for free (couple of hours max). Or on a Sunday parking on Gibraltor Row is free, but i would not leave any bags etc in view.

But if you do test negative and go on the cruise what is your plan for parking for the duration of the cruise ?
We’re being dropped off, so won’t be parking anywhere unless we need to park up to be tested in the car etc. Still waiting for details to find out what the arrangements are for that.

I’ll have a look at that car park, thank you!

Edited at 06:53 PM.
Old 23 May 21, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Could you find an excuse to do a test at home in the morning before you go? It might make it a little less stressful.
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MJ6987
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Noodlez View Post
Could you find an excuse to do a test at home in the morning before you go? It might make it a little less stressful.
I wonder where you’d stand refund/ insurance wise if you test positive at home? Cos then you can’t go to the official test centre to get tested.
MJ6987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List