Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 May 21, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Disney will price themselves out soon, no one could justify that additional cost.
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
Disney will price themselves out soon, no one could justify that additional cost.
Unfortunately people will pay. No two ways about it.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d happily opt for paying for a hotel that included the fp just like we do at universal.

Not willing to pay per day for something that was previously free though.

We’ll stick with universal if that’s the case and tag in a Disney cruise with maybe party tickets for a night or two to get to see the Disney parks.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Unfortunately people will pay. No two ways about it.
A family with the expense of 14 day passes and then having to pay daily to have a chance of major rides,I think a lot of people will be done with Disney ☹️
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Mickey Views is a pretty credible source. And for me, the fact that they've already been removing the FP signage from some attractions is a huge flag that change is definitely coming.

I've said in other threads on FPs that I've been waiting a long time for Disney to monetise this, especially since they've already done so at Disneyland and Universal have been successfully using paid passes only for several years now as well. Although the pricing seems high compared to Disneyland's $20 per day, but that is a different system since it's just an app based rolling FP booking rather than front of line. I think Universal is about $80/day from memory for FOL, and their parks are nowhere near the size of Disney.

ETA:

If it goes ahead, I'm pretty sure they will bundle it into the resort benefits although I doubt it will be free for all since the pass might cost more than the room. For example, Club level guests may get it completely free, deluxe get a significant discount, moderate a smaller one, etc.

Just finished watching Brayden's video and I agree that they're trying to shift the guest demographic and focusing more on how much a guest spends, not how many they can get through the gate. Short stays by affluent domestic guests are their best money maker in terms of average daily spend. These people don't think anything of paying rack rate at a deluxe in peak season and eating at signatures every night, a few hundred more for passes isn't going to phase them either.

Edited at 10:29 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
A family with the expense of 14 day passes and then having to pay daily to have a chance of major rides,I think a lot of people will be done with Disney ☹️
I agree but loads of US guests staying a few nights will pay. It’s sad for 14 days tickets holders like most of us Brits.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
I agree its far too expensive. We are booked Aug 22 changed from Oct 21 and we wont be buyin fast passes and it will probably be our last visit.
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Remember nothing is set in stone yet here.

Maybe, realising Brits won’t pay, they will build it into the 14 day ticket? Or a one off charge on that?

What will happen with APs? They are trying it seems to get rid of those anyway, well they have done at DL and don’t seem too fussed at WDW either. Will they give a one off charge on those like universal I think do?

Maybe if you stay on site they may give you something, but if they have everyone on site free FP they’d simply have too many.

I think they are wanting to slim down the hotel side anyway. They’ve converted rooms into DVC at AKL, WL, Poly and are now taking away a whole building at GF for DVC.

BIG difference in attitudes here compared to US boards, where many are saying they’d be delighted to pay, some even suggesting $500 a day each would be reasonable to keep the riff raff off so they can walk on everything. Madness. But that’s who Disney want to attract.

Edited at 09:43 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
Sad as it is, I actually think Disney might WANT to price themselves out for a large percentage of us!

The parks were getting busier and busier and even on here we were seeing folks saying it was too busy and less enjoyable.

If Disney can return to ‘the good old days’ (said tongue in cheek!), of only the wealthiest being able to afford to go - it will be a huge win for them - those well off can get the wonderful experience in less crowded parks & the rest of us can go back to scrimping and saving for one off ‘trips of a life time’ - Disney was the destination years ago that many aspired to visit once in a lifetime, (more often if you saved and saved to go every few years), and it’s gradually become more accessible to many - this creates a problem for Disney who want to maintain the ‘dream holiday’ image.

The ideal for them is to get the same revenue (ideally even more) for less people - those fewer people have a better experience and we all go back to longing to go and scrimping and saving for years to afford it - that’s all good as far as the Disney brand goes!

Edited at 09:46 AM.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

I'm thankful to have been many times,IF this happens at those kind of prices I think Disney will be out of reach for so many. Villa people and those who choose to stay off-site are going to be hit hard.
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List