Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 May 21, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_daddy
Excited about Disney

Talk to me about February

Weather, crowds etc

We usually go September/ October but crowds seem to be getting worse and flights expensive. Thinking about visiting another time so whats February like or any other recommendations?

We are thinking the last week of February then first week of march.

Cheers all.
Old 31 May 21, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We love it, can on occasion be a little chilly in the morning and evening but generally warm sunny and relatively little rain.

We have several trip reports in my signature in late Feb / early March cos I have a Feb birthday!
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Love it, it's my favourite time of year to go.

Weather is fantastic for me - not hot but usually still warm enough to be t-shirt weather during the day. Needed a light jacket at night. It feels like more of a holiday since the weather here is generally miserable in February, so really notice the difference on arrival.

Crowds are probably more than you would think (there's no true off season now) but definitely quieter than October which is becoming the new peak time IMO. Although make sure to check when spring break will be as that can start quite early in March and impact the crowds significantly.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We often go jan to end of march
Weather can be cooler in the mornings but still shorts and T-shirt’s
The parks are less crowded unless of course you hit spring break which varies state to state
It’s also main Snowbird season so roads and restaurants can be busy
Restaurants particularly breakfast time and early evening
We love it that time of year
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Loved it. We did Feb 2020 a week at universal. Weather was great apart from 1 day, Mardi Gras was awesome and crowds were very manageable.

Booked Feb 2022.

I have a Feb 2020 trip report if you want to read.
Old 31 May 21, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

Love February - not too hot or busy. We did have 1 Feb where the weather wasn't great but it was still miles better then here!
DisneyMemories is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

We went in February (early) September (mid to end) in 2019. I much preferred the weather in February it was nice and warm versus the very hot and humid weather in September.

The crowds were much, much lower in September at Disney. In February we couldn’t get anything much done after our first three fast passes as the queues were very long and there was little availability for on the day fast passes. Universal was fine in January / February.

I am actually not sure whether I would prioritise weather over queues or vice versa but that is what Feb vs Sept would come down to for me.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Presidents day weekend is busy like a Bank Holiday here but other than that we love Feb. Not too hot plus you get festival of the arts at epcot
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_daddy
Excited about Disney

Thanks all, we can deal with a busy weekend and looks like historically spring break starts on or after the first weekend in March and we will be home by then, we usually fly on a Thursday or Wednesday.
Old 1 Jun 21, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamsOfOrlando
Excited about Disney

We went in Feb/March 2 years ago and loved it. Perfect weather for us. Lovely and warm in the day (not swelteringly hot and humid like summer months) and just a couple of days with a little rain (compared to washout days in the summer).
It was cooler in some evenings but we just wore a light jacket and/or jeans.
Crowds we didn’t notice any difference from trips in April and summertime so we didn’t think it was any more or less busy than our other trips.
We’ve booked a trip for Feb/March again next year
May 2020 - CSR and HRH - DH 30th - Covid Cancelled!
February 2022 - Holiday Inn LBV, HRH and Pop - 21 Nights
DreamsOfOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List