Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Jun 21, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Florida

Just a general question what got you in to Florida and Florida holidays.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Growing up in a very poor household and dreaming I would go to Disney one day. Trouble is, Florida in general is now my (and my family's) go to happy place and nowhere else compares - not good when you can't travel!
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

My stepdad booked a trip in 2000 and invited me and now DH along. Spent a week in Orlando on international drive and a week at the Belleview Biltimore in Clearwater. We were hooked. Got married there in 2003. Didn’t manage to get back until 2013 due to travelling to other parts of the world. The best trip was 2016. My two gorgeous boys loved it. Fingers crossed we get to make more happy memories soon.🤞🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I watched the opening of Disney on my black and white TV and thought never in a million years would the likes of me be able to afford to go, I have seriously lost count of how many times we have been although we very rarely do the theme parks nowadays but we still go to Florida twice a year (pre-covid), I love the weather, the food, the people just everything, DH plays golf and I love my shopping.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
7beebee
Proud to wear my Ears

I was very lucky that my parents took myself and my brother when I was nine, back in the eighties. My mum revealed to me recently that my dad worked twelve hour shifts for two months without a day off to pay for it. Bless him.
7beebee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

We went in 1998 as a family to celebrate my first retirement, although I returned to the role for another 21years🤣. I was not fussed about going to JUST A BIG FAIRGROUND. How wrong can you be I have been back most years since and even celebrated my 70th there in 2017 by spending the day riding as many rollercoasters as possible in the different parks. Had intended to introduce my 5 year old grandson to it this May but of course that was cancelled.
The weather, the happiness evoked in the parks and the ability to balance the excitement of the parks with a few days in such places as Anna Maria Island.
Optimistic that next years trip will be almost back to normal🤞
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Went in 1964 - Miami to pick up a cruise to Bermuda and The Bahamas and a week on gulf coast but I was far too young to remember any of it (but recently found the old photos) and back again when Golden Girls started as my Mother (and me) wanted to re-visit . Disney adventured started in CA mid 60’s and as such is still my firm favourite park - if I never go back to Florida again it wouldn’t bother me as it is not what it once was
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Went as a child and loved it 😍, therefore when older and with kids- needed to go and been regularly ever since (except latelyof course)
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
It was our big adventure when we got married at 24 and went for our honeymoon. Nobody in our families had been to USA before. That Speedbird holiday brochure was thumbed within an inch of its life
Old 5 Jun 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

My parents started going to Florida with friends once we had all grown up. So we never went as children. They took their first grand child my eldest daughter when she was 10 and we were all gutted we didn’t get to go so the following year we booked to go with my mum and dad and the rest is history! We’ve been 10 times now 😀
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List