Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Jun 21, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

I didn’t really give this much thought until this afternoon. We have just had the worst time at Thorpe Park! The queues were insane! We left early as we weren’t prepared to wait 90 plus minutes for a ride
It actually making us reconsider Florida :/
Old 11 Jun 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I think FP will return but a paid version of it, universal do it and so does Disney in other parks around the world.
They need to recover lost revenue and I think this is a prime way to do so.
I know a few people have said they would not pay but the vast majority of people will.
If your paying £900 per person for flights and accommodation, then £500 for park tickets,you don't want to be waiting round in a queue for your money. You spend the extra £200 and make the most of the trip.
£1500 Disney and 2/3 rides a day
£1700 Disney and 9/10 rides a day.
Most people if they can afford it will certainly opt for the more expensive option.
I could not afford FP if it's not free, but I understand why most people will pay it and it makes sense
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Kram View Post
Is anyone elses app showing this... Mine still says wait times
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Not too bad today 11am

Slinky 80 minutes
Rock n Roll 60 minutes
Tower of Terror 30 minutes
Mickeys Runaway 90
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Whoppery5k View Post
I know a few people have said they would not pay but the vast majority of people will.
If your paying £900 per person for flights and accommodation, then £500 for park tickets,you don't want to be waiting round in a queue for your money. You spend the extra £200 and make the most of the trip.
£1500 Disney and 2/3 rides a day
£1700 Disney and 9/10 rides a day.
Most people if they can afford it will certainly opt for the more expensive option.
I could not afford FP if it's not free, but I understand why most people will pay it and it makes sense
If I thought it would be a mere £200 on my holiday then no I wouldn’t be saying no more Disney. However there are rumours that a paid for version of FP could be anything from $100-300 per person per day.

I don’t understand where you are getting the below figures from:

“£1500 Disney and 2/3 rides a day
£1700 Disney and 9/10 rides a day”

Edited at 05:10 PM.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Whoppery5k View Post
Is anyone elses app showing this... Mine still says wait times
It says wait times on the map initially, but when you select a specific ride, it mentions standby wait.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Sneeks85
Very Serious Dibber

I also read the paid fastpass rumours as being paid per day. Which would certainly rule us out of buying it. It's a massive extra expense, for families especially as you're not just paying for one, it's multiplied per however many are in your party.

I do think it would benefit some, eg if you're only going for one or two days. But if I'm going with a 14 day ultimate ticket I'll take my chance that we can fit in everything we want to do in those 14 days without paying extra!

Of course it's all speculation for now anyway...
Sneeks85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

some interesting guesswork on FP returning

kennythepirate/2021/...OvUf7XX4ZJAFzw

Listed here are FASTPASS_STD, FASTPASS_NON_STD, FASTPASS_DAS, FASTPASS_FDS, FASTPASS_SINGLE, FASTPASS_BUNDLE, FASTPASS_PARK_RESERVATION, and FASTPASS_ALL_ACCESS.
AliceCooper9 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 View Post
some interesting guesswork on FP returning

kennythepirate/2021/...OvUf7XX4ZJAFzw

Listed here are FASTPASS_STD, FASTPASS_NON_STD, FASTPASS_DAS, FASTPASS_FDS, FASTPASS_SINGLE, FASTPASS_BUNDLE, FASTPASS_PARK_RESERVATION, and FASTPASS_ALL_ACCESS.
Very interesting. Thanks. The all access could be the one that’s costs the rumoured $100 to $300
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The best selling fast pass at Alton Towers is their platinum pass which sells for £105. 12 fast passes included and is usually sold out on peak days

Gives you an idea what some people will pay.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List