Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Jun 21, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Jamie99
VIP Dibber

Disney vs Universal August 2021

Obviously its all up in the air ( or not at the moment) as to if the boarders will open but I am prepared with 2 possibility's if this does happen. I have flights booked and a disney reservation that was carried over from 2020 staying at AOA payment due in a couple of weeks. I have also reserved a week at Cabana bay and a week at HRH with free cancelation as a contingency. Honestly, with my girls being 8 and 6 and perfect princess ages I would much prefer the Disney plan A to go ahead and have been waiting for a couple of things to happen. The removal of masks is a big one and now this is happening that's great, however I am still swaying towards Universal due to the fact that early admission and fast pass ( the HRH part of my trip ) are still happening at Universal and still no word from Disney on either. I know that their is a lot of speculation around a paid fast pass programme and I'm almost willing to say fine, with rope drop and decent planning we can work around no fast pass, not ideal but could live with it. The new early park 30 min addmission for on sites guests would be something that may sway me over to Disney but this had still not been announced on a date yet. I'm really steering towards Universal now, I think my 8 year old will love it as she loves potter but what about my 6 year old? A lot of the rides are geared towards older intellectual property too like fast and furious, Bourne, transformers movie etc. I guess the counter to that is my 8 year old rode FOP when she was 6 never having seen avatar as it was a bit old for her and she loved it. What do you guys think on suitability of Universal for girls of 6 and 8?
Jamie99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

I first took my kids to Universal when they were 7 and 5. Some of the rides were too much for them but they loved Suess Land and the kids area at Studios.

There are quite a few attractions for children - Shrek, Despicable me, Bluto, Hippogriff, X Men, Simpsons, Men in Black, Jimmy Fallon - so I think you would be ok
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
baggies
Very Serious Dibber

baggies's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Studios would be fine, IoA I think would be a struggle even the none extreme rides may be too much - from memory there are limited younger rides.
Oct 2005 DLP Newport Bay Hotel
May 2004 i-Drive, Oct 1995 i-Drive
baggies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List