Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jun 21, 05:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Neil & Stella
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guns in WDW

nypost/2021/06/15/disney...d-gun-arrests/

Seriously? An AR15 at the Poly and they let him continue with his stay? Scared of BLM protestors at Disney?
Old 18 Jun 21, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That is horrifying to read however I will say I am thankful that Disney are working hard to keep guns out of parks and I will happily wait at bag check if it means that we could ensure that no guns make it into parks.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Unbelievable. Two guns and a stash of ammo!? My mind went immediately to the guy that shot all those people from his hotel room on Las Vegas strip. It’s actually terrifying that people think it’s ok to take those things on holiday with them.😳
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I can actually believe the “I forgot i was carrying it” line, to many it’s the the same as putting your car keys in your pocket every day!

The ar15 and ammo into the hotel is crazy, absolutely bonkers😬
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
So the guy at the Poly took these guns to protect his family from BLM movement?
they were then taken from him and locked in hotel safes... so...if anything did happen how was he going to get them to "defend" his family?

Strange behaviour...
Until the US wakens up, and amends its gun laws this will never change
Moz is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

This is one law in America that needs to change but unfortunately probably never will.

Members of the general public should not be given access to such weapons and I'll never understand why people feel the need to take guns on holiday or pop to Walmart with one on their hip. Just mental!
Old 18 Jun 21, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
This is one law in America that needs to change but unfortunately probably never will.

Members of the general public should not be given access to such weapons and I'll never understand why people feel the need to take guns on holiday or pop to Walmart with one on their hip. Just mental!
Mmm, check out 'The Walmartians' on Google!

Looking at some of those people I would take a rocket!

Being serious. Nothing will ever change in America until within the next 100+ years it descends in to total anarchy and become like a Mad Max movie sad to say.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We went to a gun range one year and this lady I would say in her 70s opened her handbag and took out her pink gun. She couldn't get it in her head how we defend ourselves in the UK. She said "what would you do if someone broke into your house?" umm scream and ring 999 🤔 and then they kicked a young fella out for bringing his machine gun in. Who needs entertainment from tv lol. 😂
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
Wow, absolutely shocking. I know they all have guns but taking them to a theme park is never right.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

On our last trip we were entering I think Hollywood Studios or maybe Epcot one day when the couple immediately in front of us were stopped at bag check for something. It was obviously very serious, as several senior people were brought over to help deal with it. We also overheard the security staff saying something like “it is the third time they have tried today”. We wondered if it were guns at the time, I can’t think what else it could have been. They were a couple in their 60s or 70s from one of the southern states going off accent.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List