Notices

Old 19 Jun 21, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
lovestoplan
Excited about Disney

Stuck on a leper colony!

Aaarrgghh. Feeling really down and tearful this morning with all the news of cancellations into August. From the 19th all of Europe and US moving around freely, getting on with things and we are going nowhere fast! Waiting for some clown to make an announcement every other week in case we may or may not be allowed somewhere..but not necessarily somewhere who will let us in. How can people and businesses continue with this uncertainty and it's "not just a holiday" it's people's families and livelihoods. I feel like I'm a puppet with no control over my own life anymore. Checking in places, waiting for my child to be sent home from school again, picking which family members we can see but not all at the same time! I think I have hit rock bottom today 😭
lovestoplan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
VIP Dibber

It's rubbish isn't it but I'm holding on to the hope that our government will bow to pressure soon. I'm the same fed up of the just hold on a bit longer , I really hope the next four weeks are the final stretch
93 94 03 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
Joker in the pack

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by lovestoplan View Post
Aaarrgghh. Feeling really down and tearful this morning with all the news of cancellations into August. From the 19th all of Europe and US moving around freely, getting on with things and we are going nowhere fast! Waiting for some clown to make an announcement every other week in case we may or may not be allowed somewhere..but not necessarily somewhere who will let us in. How can people and businesses continue with this uncertainty and it's "not just a holiday" it's people's families and livelihoods. I feel like I'm a puppet with no control over my own life anymore. Checking in places, waiting for my child to be sent home from school again, picking which family members we can see but not all at the same time! I think I have hit rock bottom today 😭
Hugs 🤗 to you things are starting to get better the government donít want to take one step forward and two back they know doing 18+ so that means with luck within 3 weeks 80% will be vacanated as to seeing family a lot of people are even they told other wise chin up 😋
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Optimist
Excited about Disney

"It's just a holiday" well "It's just football" so why do they bend over backwards to accommodate some overpaid people to kick a bag of air around a field.
Optimist is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lovestoplan View Post
I have so many moments like this I used to be so happy all of the time but this past 15 months my mood has been so low at times. The rules no longer make sense and I think that's why people are reaching their end. If safety and prevention of spread is top priority then why can a group of world leaders and co meet on the beach for fireworks and bbq, why are some sporting events 'safe' and others not, why are ome sectors allowed to open but others completely banned. I am seeing a shift in public opinion now and more companies and businesses taking a stand but I hope that this is going to be enough to make big changes for us here. Big hugs - this has got to come to an end
WDW CSR Hopeful for October 2021
Universal trip planning for Easter 2023
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
VIP Dibber

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
"It's just a holiday" well "It's just football" so why do they bend over backwards to accommodate some overpaid people to kick a bag of air around a field.
Itís much more than that itís everyoneís lives at stake here, I feel worse than ever. Went to the Harvester which used to be so easy, now itís wear a mask if you get up. We went to the salad bar in a mask and someone picks your salad for you while you read off a board. The food was mediocre, they ignored us most of the time, never checked if we wanted a second drink. It just felt horrible and I really donít like going out anymore, we canít go on like this the whole family is getting depressed.
Old 19 Jun 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

My friend was in tears on the phone last night and really low as in the Welsh update we were told the restrictions would not be eased for a further 4 weeks- same as England. But then he said Wales is heading for a 3rd wave and our job now is to do everything we can to avoid lock down measures coming back
.she took this to mean in 4 weeks we will go back to closing shops and pubs etc After a long conversation I was able to reassure her that Wales had no deaths yesterday and in the whole of the country there is just 1 person in ICU with Covid.
I am fed up with government scaring people and only giving the worst case scenario.
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

One of DH carers tested positive yesterday with a lateral flow test. Now waiting for the PCR test result. Could do without it all!
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by taffs travels View Post
My friend was in tears on the phone last night and really low as in the Welsh update we were told the restrictions would not be eased for a further 4 weeks- same as England. But then he said Wales is heading for a 3rd wave and our job now is to do everything we can to avoid lock down measures coming back
.she took this to mean in 4 weeks we will go back to closing shops and pubs etc After a long conversation I was able to reassure her that Wales had no deaths yesterday and in the whole of the country there is just 1 person in ICU with Covid.
I am fed up with government scaring people and only giving the worst case scenario.
Exactly this...it just doesn't add up anymore. Deaths and hospitalisations are low so why does it feel like we're teetering on the edge of another lockdown. I am absolutely fed up of living like this. My best friend (with no previous mental health issues) is having CBT because she has health anxiety and now agrophobia, several friends of friends have ended their own lives, my own previously 'balanced' family are verging on breakdowns. I absolutely refuse to go back into lockdown for the sake of my own mental health and wellbeing
WDW CSR Hopeful for October 2021
Universal trip planning for Easter 2023
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
Serious Dibber

I ditto the thoughts above . My DH whom is usually so laid back it hurts, is now so low , nothing seems to be going right, the restrictions are crippling, the 4 week extension has just increased the low mood ten fold, he was in tears the other night wondering what the point of carrying on is. It feels like its never ending. We have both had vaccines which im pleased of, but its made sod all different to allowing us any freedoms back.

We have a Orlando holiday booked for Oct which is "just a holiday" - but its more than that to us. Its an escape from the UK weather, the people we see day in day out, the work load we deal with, two kids who we want to make memories with. Its everything to us .

Same with Sandra&co - We went to Wetherspoons and wish we didnt bother. The whole track and trace thing, no going up the bar, having to squeeze between perspex screens to reach the loo's, having to use new cups every time for a refill, no water glasses on the bar for a free sip, having to order from the table, masks on... wasn't a relaxing experience at all xx