Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jun 21, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Double check that you/they haven’t added the old employment income twice ie. taken the P60 total if the previous employments was included, and then added it again.

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Neither of our 2 had to give tax codes for student finance applications, just actual earnings , hopefully you DD can speak to somebody in finance who can advise, surely if you have proof of earnings it should resolve itself. Good luck 🤞🏻
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Update…not impressed so far 😤😤😤
After spending an hour to get through my husband finally spoke to someone who basically told him the same thing as the person he spoke to on Friday:
Sorry there is nothing I can do personally, its how it works on the system. Once the new information you have sent is processed by an assessor (this years & last years p60 plus letter explaining the tax code issue) you will be updated if the decision is changed. Approximate date for this is the 22nd July because thats how long it will take to go through!

Absolute joke! My daughter is in a state and now thinking she can’t stay at university, she can’t get excited or start planning/buying things for her room etc
I just can’t believe it. I wouldn’t mind if he earned mega bucks but he is a teacher which certainly isn’t fantastic pay. No second income, nothing.
I am not a happy bunny
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
After spending an hour to get through my husband finally spoke to someone who basically told him the same thing as the person he spoke to on Friday:
Sorry there is nothing I can do personally, its how it works on the system. Once the new information you have sent is processed by an assessor (this years & last years p60 plus letter explaining the tax code issue) you will be updated if the decision is changed. Approximate date for this is the 22nd July because thats how long it will take to go through!

Absolute joke! My daughter is in a state and now thinking she can’t stay at university, she can’t get excited or start planning/buying things for her room etc
I just can’t believe it. I wouldn’t mind if he earned mega bucks but he is a teacher which certainly isn’t fantastic pay. No second income, nothing.
I am not a happy bunny
So so sorry for this why the"£$% dont they just sort it all it takes is a little bit of time and a little resach
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Can’t you cancel it then start again?

Have you googled as there does seem suggestion you can do this by updating your student finance, for example by changing uni’s (wonder if you could then change back?) I don’t think you would get it in time though for the new term if you could do this?

We decided to only apply for the lower amount for our Dd and didn’t need to give them our finances so I’m not totally sure of the process you went through.

I’m sure you’ve probably tried this but thought I’d mention.

It’s so disappointing when things don’t run smoothly and you’ve got enough on your plate at the moment without this.

Good luck.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My son didn’t have any money to live on while at Bucks new uni, us and my mum used to help him out with his food every week. Then he got a part time job, he was skint but happy and used to have pre drinks before going out. My dd has savings which have helped but she’s been at home the last year so has managed to save a bit and got a rebate from rent. My dh is self employed and does his own tax so I don’t know how to works but I know they got their rent covered but not much left after. I hope you get it sorted xxx
Old 21 Jun 21, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post

I am not a happy bunny
It’s a pain, but at least you will know in plenty of time before she is due to start, the 22nd July isn’t that far off really.

It might be worth her trying to get a part time job or more hours, one of my DD’s friend is working more hours now they have finished college to go towards Uni
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My son has done his student finance before the 31st may and still hasn’t had his back as yet so it’s not unusual to have to wait . The first payment isn’t until mid September. The payment also goes to the uni once you have the finance and the room is dependent on the grades ( unless she took unconditional ) so it’s too early to plan anyway . You have plenty of time to sort this out . as suggested though she may want to get a job as the money doesn’t go very far at all and nearly all students end up finding themselves or parents take the brunt of the cost to keep them in food and travel .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Unfortunately my daughter takes after me and has zero patience and high level stress levels 🙈
She does have a part time job, 4 hours a week at Primark. She is hoping to grab more shifts but so are all the college & university students 😬😬😬 I am sure she can get some though 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
If she gets the higher amount we would still have to help her out with food etc but paying the accommodation as well is too much £4k is a large chunk of money. Even with extra shifts she won’t save that amount.
Its just frustrating because she is entitled to it but can’t get it due to the tax code which makes no sense to my husband and I 🤷
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

Can I ask, how much is her accommodation if you will still need to help her out with food. I would have thought £8000 as you mentioned earlier would have covered the majority of it.

The Village Kitchen in Billinge were looking for staff

Edited at 04:44 PM.
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List