Notices

Old 4 Apr 17, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Originally Posted by slow.jo View Post
OMG sounds amazing! What a wonderful way to spend your 30th. Can't wait to follow along!

Jo xx
Thanks for reading Jo enjoying your current report as always xx

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
What a lovely bonus trip! All sounds fab, looking forward to reading along.
Thank you very much

Originally Posted by Steph0188 View Post
How exciting!
This looks like such a wonderful trip. So very excited for you.
SSR is our favourite resort, we just adore it, and your plans look great xx
We love SSR too, so peaceful, can't wait to stay there again! Fingers crossed for Congress Park. Thanks for reading and commenting Steph xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Ah found your PTR... woo hoo! Us 10th May travellers need to stick together!

Your plans sound absolutely fab, and how brilliant that you have been able to wangle it around a work trip too, what a bonus!

We have been our in Orlando the past 3 Mays and it really is the loveliest time... amazing weather and not too busy... what more could you ask for?!

So excited to read all about your trip and lots of photos on IG too please!

Edited at 07:23 PM.
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

April Update

So with only 24 days to go we've pretty much finalised our plans (subject to last minute tweaking of course!) MK and AK have just had their hours extended to most nights we are there from 9pm to 11pm and from 9pm to 9.30pm respectively, but it makes little difference to us as the fireworks/shows have stayed the same.

Up to last week the days really felt like they were starting to drag, even more so than the trips where the countdown has been over 500. But I've been enjoying vicariously through other Dibbers trips and their instagram photos and my list of snack eats is growing massively ahead of the Epcot Flower and Garden festival! In fact Richard tells me the only thing I talk about these days is Disney food but he's wrong as there's a fair bit of off-site food on my list too

Anywayyy, this post was to fill you in on my plans for anyone thats so interested...

We travel on Wednesday 10th May for 14 nights as a reminder, with 11 at SSR and 3 in Miami.

Travel day: 12.45am flight flying Upper (can't wait for this again!), DME on arrival, check in and then grab something quick at Disney Springs (probably Earl of Sandwich for a holiday sandwich… creatures of habit)

Day 1: Epcot EMH, leaving at lunch time to pick up the car from the Dolphin, onto Walmart and/or Publix for supplies, afternoon nap then to MK early evening for the dessert party and last Wishes

Day 2: At the request of the hubby we are off for our first visit to Typhoon Lagoon following a I-HOP breaky, spending most of the day here with Homecoming booked for the evening.

Day 3: AK EMH staying for most of the day then a relaxed evening in the resort/pool. Keeping our eyes peeled for any Pandora movement!

Day 4 (US Mothers Day): HS EMH staying for most of the day then Citywalk in the evening (free parking after 6pm), expecting it to be quite busy so we'll just take the day as it comes. Citywalk is planned so I can nab a Starbucks 'you were here' mug and a banana milkshake

Day 5: Shopping day so probably hitting the outlets, then Fantasia mini golf before the 4pm cut off then evening in HS eating at the Brown Derby and watching Fantasmic. If I remember, I want to grab an ice cream from the Ample Hills Creamery as well.

Day 6: Another waterpark (undecided as to whether to go to Blizzard Beach given we've been there on our last two trips) for the morning only, then AK in the evening for Rivers of Light and putting our Landry's card to good use (which arrived the second time of requesting it within a week for anyone waiting for theres)

Day 7: Morning at Disney Springs with lunch at Blaze, then another evening at HS for the fireworks (as it seemed a bit tight to do Fantasmic then get a good spot but if we can do both may not need this second HS evening).

Day 8: Epcot EMH (if we are still up for getting up early at this point in the holiday) with a late breaky at Garden Grill, evening spent at t’other outlets.

Day 9: MK EMH for most of the day then Epcot in the evening to eat round the world at the flower and garden festival.

Day 10: My 30th! With breaky in Celebration at our favourite pancake spot (Market St Café), MK in time for the 3pm parade before dinner at the Grand Floridian Café then back to MK for the new fireworks. Our last Orlando day (sob).

Day 11: Drive to Miami, check in then no further plans

Day 12: Miami - unplanned (maybe South Beach)

Day 13: Work stuff (purpose of the trip remember ) assume Rich will stay by the pool, although he's found a walking tour he quite fancies.

Day 14: Drive back to Orlando for an evening flight, may visit a park or waterpark or just do our usual of Disney Springs before dropping the car back off at MCO. Flying PE home.

Day 15: Land back home early morning

So thats it folks! Can't wait to get there and experience the sunshine after our slightly weather dismal Disney trip last year (perhaps an exaggeration but I'm still hoping for )

We spent today - Easter Sunday - packing, in between eating hot cross buns and easter eggs (this holiday diet hasn't gone too well this time ) as we have a very busy few weeks now ahead. So hopefully those 24 days will pass realllllly quickly.

Thanks for reading
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Ah found your PTR... woo hoo! Us 10th May travellers need to stick together!

Your plans sound absolutely fab, and how brilliant that you have been able to wangle it around a work trip too, what a bonus!

We have been our in Orlando the past 3 Mays and it really is the loveliest time... amazing weather and not too busy... what more could you ask for?!

So excited to read all about your trip and lots of photos on IG too please!
Thanks Lisa! So funny we are travelling on the same day. Thats great to hear about May, that kind of weather and crowds would be perfect!

Yes absolutely - you too! Do love a good IG Disney fix xx
Old 16 Apr 17, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
kl_belle
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Your plans sound fab! We appear to have some similar plans with final Wishes and AK on the Saturday

Glad to hear we are not the only ones who have been rubbish at sticking to our pre holiday diet :P I now see it as preparing our stomachs for American sized portions lol

Not long to go now!
kl_belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 17, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Your plans sound sooooo good! And your countdown is so teeny now! Eek!

Just realised that we totally failed to meet up after payday! xx
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

Wow what a small countdown?! Love how work is paying for your flight and the Miami hotel!

Enjoy watching Wishes for the last time! It was very emotional when I watched it for the last time in March!

Hope you have a fab trip, I'm looking forward to the trippie and all the shopping you do! x

With parents 00,01,04,07,12,13-With Dave! Xmas 08 Villa/09 Vegas-LA-San Fran/10 NY-Orlando KV, VB, RP & BLT/11 Vegas/12 LA & Disney Cali/14 DLP/15 Orlando Wedding/16 Orlando Poly & SSR & Vegas/17 Orlando BLT & SSR/17 DLP/18 Orlando
DiddyDan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Eek nearly single digits. Looking like a lovely plan. On with the packing I say !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Hi

How very thoughtful of your work to force you to go to Florida and even better as its around your birthday as well Your Miami hotel looks lovely.

I love your ADR choices, and your plans for your actual birthday are great - what a fantastic way to spend your day.

The new magic bands are a little chunky - I felt like I was wearing a watch. I'm sure you will love how pretty Epcot is when the Flower and Garden Festival is on.

I'm looking forward to lots of photos on IG please!
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 17, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Oh wow Michelle sounds like you're going to have an amazing time! Gosh you must be getting so excited now

I hope you'll post a few pics on IG when you're away so I can get my Florida fix xx
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List