Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 3 Nov 18, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

#Squadgoals. Salou/Portaventura October 2018. Day 6, Last morning and travel home.

Tuesday 23rd October

Woke up just after 8, we were going to get breakfast then come back up and pack but Jess wanted a shower so I packed while she got ready and in the end we just took our cases, left them in the luggage room, checked out and went for breakfast. You can still keep the wristband all day.
Big breakfast for me.

We had to pop to the shops to buy the aprons Jess saw the other day. She wanted one for herself and bf, matching but different colours. They have started baking at the weekends recently in preparation for uni. We kept saying we would go back but didn’t get round to it.
We were all pretty tired and would have been nice just to chill but Jess really liked them and it was nice to have a final walk along the front. We also got my Mum a mug and then walked back to the hotel.
Our transfer was due at 1pm. I had booked Tracy and Paul on our return journey. Linda and Russell were getting picked up an hour earlier than us.
Everyone was in the bar, it was great to make the most of the last day knowing I didn’t have to drive.
We all got drinks and went outside to get the last of the sun.
Linda left and I said I missed out on the baby Guinness shots Tracy made the other day. Her and Paul run a pub and apparently they are the new craze. She went to get a Tia Maria and Baileys and did some for us.

You put the Tia Maria and then need to add the Baileys with a spoon so it floats on top.

I wasn’t over keen and will stick to Apple souz.
We had a last snack.

I went to wait for the transfer 15 minutes before it was due to arrive. It turned up a little late but still had plenty of time.
It was a coach as well, Linda and Russell could have came with us.

We took a seat each and made the short journey to the airport.
We went straight through security which wasn’t busy and joined Linda and Russell. Jess got changed then had a look in duty free. She asked for €7 to buy 2 massive bars of flavoured Milka bars.
We all got a drink from the cafe, large San Miguel, coke and small bottle of wine cost €12.40 which was the last of our euros. They had lasted well, I forgot to say we got Mum 10 pouches of tobacco earlier in the week, €90.

The flight was slightly delayed and we had to queue on the runway

We had to put our cases on the hold this time, taken off us just before we boarded.

The flight was fine, Matt slept and I started my new book.
We made up time and landed on time.
Passport control wasn’t busy. Matt couldn’t get through the machines though even with his new passport.
The luggage didn’t take long to retrieve and Sandy called the taxi driver to pick us up.
We waited a few minutes and were on our way. The journey was uneventful, no sickness or traffic.
We arrived home about 7.30. We all hugged (even though we see each other all the time) and Matt, Jess and I popped to see my Mum. We didn’t stay long as we wanted to get some fish and chips before the chip shop closed.
We had to walk home which is only 10 minutes away and was nice to stretch our legs.
I left our cases at mums and she had done all our washing and cleaned our house bless her... I absolutely love that woman, she is so kind and I’m very lucky to have her.
Another holiday in one of our favourite places done, and we all had a fantastic time.

Edited at 03:50 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Your mum sounds fantastic!

Glad to hear you had a great trip! Thanjs gor sharing it!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Your mum sounds fantastic!

Glad to hear you had a great trip! Thanjs gor sharing it!
Thanks for reading and commenting. It was one of our favourite holidays.
My mum is a superstar. Our electric went off while we were away and she called the electrician and came back in the morning to let him in (luckily it was because the neighbours tripped ours out and it was sorted before we got back)
She brought all our frozen food home and changed our sheets. She will do anything for anyone and she turned 80 this year!

Edited at 02:28 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List