Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Aug 22, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Awww, your last meal was Cheesecake Factory, what a winner can’t beat their bread & obviously their desserts, shame you couldn’t squeeze it in
Love your pic with Aladdin and glad you got to do the rides you wanted with not too long lines
I love Pirates 💕💕
I can’t believe your boys don’t argue when playing volleyball 😳
My 2 always had to make a “ contest” out of any sport they were playing 🙄always wanted to be the winner 🤦
I’ve loved your Live TR, I’ve never been away for more than 2 weeks, Dave wouldn’t be able to with work 😫 it seems like you’ve been away forever
Have a safe journey home
Thank you for following along. 🥰Hopefully, some people will have found bits of it useful.👍🏻

Feels like forever ago since we left. Going to be a bit of a shock when we get back home and back to reality! 😅

(I’ve just gone outside in the smoking area of the airport just to feel the Florida heat one last time! 😬 )
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 22, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
GroovyYvee
Proud to wear my Ears

Safe journey home! Thanks for the trip report, it has been great 👍🏻
GroovyYvee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 22, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Denny’s and Homeward Bound

It was so sad saying bye to our villa. 😢😢😢

We left about 9:15 and decided we’d drive to Tampa before having breakfast.

We were going to give Cracker Barrel a go (never been) but came across Denny’s first so that’s where we ate.

Breakfast was delicious! Everyone liked their choices. DS16 said that the steak in his Philadelphia steak omelette was really tender.
I had a veggie omelette and subbed toast for pancakes.
DH had a grand slamwhich and DS13 had strawberry crepes.

Breakfast came to $69 before tip. Service was really good.
DS13 had over $200 left so treated himself to a pair of AirPods from Walmart. He has been saving his birthday/Christmas money since 2019 so think he deserved to treat himself.
It was then time to say bye to the car. 😢
Drop off was easy. You just follow the signs for car rental and then for Avis.
Tampa is quite a small airport but the main terminal is a way from the gates. You have to catch a tram/train from one to the other.
DS13 liked the pink flamingo.

It’s huge!
We had quite a bit of time before our flight. DS13 asked how old the plane was so I googled it. That was a mistake. Turns out the plane we were flying on had an engine fire and people had to evacuate on slides (possibly 2017). Not great reading for a nervous flyer.😂
DS16 spent his time trying to work out where row 32 is on the plane. He informed me that we were in bulkhead seats. I told him not to get his hopes up. I had only booked seats coming out as the boys wanted window seats. Going home, I’d decided they would just have to suck up where we were given and in fact, due to their constant bickering, I was on the verge of booking seats to ensure the boys were as far apart as possible! 😅

Turns out DS16 was right - we were in bulkhead seats. Leg room was amazing!

We were all suitably happy with where BA had placed us. It did get slightly annoying that people kept cutting through.
The food on the way home was the worst airline food I have ever had. And I’ve flown a lot. It was even worse than when I was served tauntaun guts on an Air Newzealand flight. Genuinely, I can’t even tell you what I had. It was illuminate red. Can red even be illuminous?

I ordered a separate veggie meal. However, BA seem to offer a veggie meal as standard anyway - which was significantly better than the slop I was given.
DS13 had the veggie choice and it was pasta. I wish I’d have had that. Not only that, he got a scone, bread and a nice chocolate pot. All of which I didn’t on my ordered veggie meal.
DH and DS16 had the chicken slop.

I’ve always liked airplane food - not this time! 😂

The flight was a good flight and landed 45 minutes early. We used the self service check in at Gatwick which I’ve never done before. Poor DS13 got stuck and couldn’t use them. We’d already gone through by this point! A kind airport lady showed him to a manned desk and he soon joined us.

Only a fifteen minute for cases and they were all there! Yay!

Oh and DS took his lightsaber on board the plane but cabin crew took it off him - along with about five others and put it in a cupboard. It was still there when we got off! Phew!

DH has to drive us back to Yorkshire. Having not slept at all on the plane, I slept the whole way. I felt really guilty that DH had to drive all the way.

Once home, DS13 was so desperate to get his odd bits that he’d bought, that when I left him for two minutes, he did this!

He’d literally just rifled through every case. 🙈
After getting everything sorted, I was sat here with my glass of wine waiting for my Tesco delivery due at 9pm. Literally, I’ve just had an email saying it’s been cancelled! No reason given. Thanks Tesco. If I’d have known, I’d have gone out when we got home. No food in the house except the milk my mum got for us.

Anyway, that’s the end of my report! Thanks everyone for following along.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 22, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Denny’s is always a winner so it was great you had it for your last breakfast 😋😋😋
That red thing on the flight I thought at first glance was some artwork gone wrong 🤷🤦
All those clothes & mess on the floor I thought you’d made a start on the washing not your son having a search 🤣🤣
Glad you’re home safely & I absolutely love your glass 🇺🇸❤️
Cheers to you & thanks for an amazing report over the last 4 weeks
Ps that Flamingo is brilliant 🦩

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 22, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Denny’s is always a winner so it was great you had it for your last breakfast 😋😋😋
That red thing on the flight I thought at first glance was some artwork gone wrong 🤷🤦
All those clothes & mess on the floor I thought you’d made a start on the washing not your son having a search 🤣🤣
Glad you’re home safely & I absolutely love your glass 🇺🇸❤️
Cheers to you & thanks for an amazing report over the last 4 weeks
Ps that Flamingo is brilliant 🦩
Nope - the red thing was my dinner! 😂

Thanks for commenting on my report. It inspired me to keep going! 🤗
Old 21 Aug 22, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Thanks for sharing, I have enjoyed reading along
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List