Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Feb 22, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
Hi Amy

Hope you're well. It's really great of you doing all this useful work to help people visit your beautiful city. It certainly helped us when we visited!

TC
Hi TC! 😃 Thanks for the kind words. I am doing well, and I hope you and yours are doing good, too. It’s always been a joy for me to know this thread has helped so many Dibbers! 😊

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 22, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Aims View Post
Hi TC! 😃 Thanks for the kind words. I am doing well, and I hope you and yours are doing good, too. It’s always been a joy for me to know this thread has helped so many Dibbers! 😊
We're good too thanks, Amy.
Old 9 Jan 23, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

This is amazing, better than a guide book!
We’re thinking ahead to my BIG birthday March 24, & i’m looking ideas & just thought of SD!
I am going to get so much from this thread, & I can’t wait to read through it. Thank you Amy 😊

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 23, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
This is amazing, better than a guide book!
We’re thinking ahead to my BIG birthday March 24, & i’m looking ideas & just thought of SD!
I am going to get so much from this thread, & I can’t wait to read through it. Thank you Amy 😊
Thank you for the kind words, Lou! 😊❤️ They really do mean a lot to me and I’m happy to know you are finding the thread helpful. Ask any questions if you need more info that you don’t find in here.

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 23, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Young Pooh
Apprentice Imagineer

We're almost ready to hit the button to book a trip for 6 nights at the end of October/beginning November - I am limited to the half-term holiday. As this is meant to be a "cheapie" the downtown hotels are coming in too expensive.

We are flying from Manchester, via Heathrow with BA and are considering the Best Western Yacht Club as we can get this for a good price if added to the flights. Reviews seem good but just checking that this is still the case.

We are planning the usual - Seaworld, Balboa Park, Coronado, Seaport Village and possibly Pacific/Mission Beach.

Young Pooh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 23, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Young Pooh View Post
We're almost ready to hit the button to book a trip for 6 nights at the end of October/beginning November - I am limited to the half-term holiday. As this is meant to be a "cheapie" the downtown hotels are coming in too expensive.

We are flying from Manchester, via Heathrow with BA and are considering the Best Western Yacht Club as we can get this for a good price if added to the flights. Reviews seem good but just checking that this is still the case.

We are planning the usual - Seaworld, Balboa Park, Coronado, Seaport Village and possibly Pacific/Mission Beach.
Hi Sue! Is this the hotel on N. Harbor Dr? I know it as the Best Western Yacht Harbor Hotel. I haven’t stayed at this place personally, but I do know where it is and have passed by it many times. It’s an older property and has a slightly dated look on the outside, but it certainly looks decent and clean and the location is good. 👍 I know it’s really hard to find cheap prices in San Diego, so if you are getting a great quote for this one and are seeing mostly good reviews, I’d say go for it. As I mentioned, the area is a good one and it’s close to the airport and downtown. Have you checked out the Best Western Island Palms on Shelter Island by any chance? It’s only five minutes from the Best Western Yacht and it’s one I have stayed at and can highly recommend.

Old 24 Jan 23, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Young Pooh
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry, yes it is the BW Yacht Harbor - I must have had WDW on my mind and subconsciously typed Yacht Club!

Unfortunately, BA don't seem do the Island Palms and booking the flights and a hotel separately bumps up the price. The flight price drops by about £500 when I add a hotel!

Young Pooh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 23, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Young Pooh View Post
Sorry, yes it is the BW Yacht Harbor - I must have had WDW on my mind and subconsciously typed Yacht Club!

Unfortunately, BA don't seem do the Island Palms and booking the flights and a hotel separately bumps up the price. The flight price drops by about £500 when I add a hotel!
Wow, that is a significant savings! Well, as I said the Yacht Harbor is an older hotel and looks it, but it also looks clean and decent. One of my favorite restaurants is across the road- Pizza Nova- and it’s in close distance to a lot of other restaurants. Mitch’s Seafood is across the road too, and it’s good if you enjoy seafood.

Just out of curiosity, where there any other hotels with a similar good price that you could choose or were they all a lot more expensive?

Old 24 Jan 23, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Young Pooh
Apprentice Imagineer

The only ones coming in close were on Hotel Circle and I had ruled that area out as we won't have a car and there doesn't seem to be much within walking distance. Plus it is very near the highway.

I think we will be happy with the BW but keep second guessing myself! The area looks nice and it looks like ubers aren't too much to get over to the downtown area.

Old 24 Jan 23, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

You’re right, Hotel Circle isn’t an ideal area if you don’t have a car. I think you will be fine at the BW too 😊 If I had any hesitations, I would have definitely let you know. Being closer to downtown like this makes it much easier without a car.