Old 31 May 22, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
Just buy it in the morning or midnight the day before.
I definitely wouldn’t throw away 4K because of it.
I know, it’s insane to be even contemplating it. But giving Disney an extra £10k for a “holiday” I’m not wanting seems even more so.
Do you think they’ll still even have Genie+ availability the week leading up to Christmas let alone ride availability? 😩😩 ( I know no one has a crystal ball, that bit was rhetorical tbh, I’m just sad and thinking out loud- let’s face it, my phone probably won’t even work in the parks so at the end of the day I need to just attempt I.L.L’s perhaps and forget riding anything else) 😭😭
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 22, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
If you have been on Disney related things it has been all over the place, but if you haven’t then it would have been easy to miss unfortunately.

It is only prepaying that you can no longer do, you can still buy it on the day and will have just as much chance as anybody else as getting it.
I only saw June 8th mentioned, made a mental note of that and thought nothing more about it. Was just searching for the UK notification- unfortunately can’t find it- not that it makes any difference now.

I appreciate the just as much chance angle… but not sure I want to gamble £14k inc resorts on it though. Might end up cutting my losses. I have until October to decide.
Could go to Universal instead I suppose.
Lots to mull over.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 22, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shifu View Post
Where did you see this please?
I just phoned to purchase ours and was told “sorry, 25th May cut off for Uk”- this is a huge game changer for me, as I’m not able to stand and queue for longer than 15mins.
If you are not able to stand in the queue then you are probably eligible for the disability access program which provides you a virtual queue access and is free of charge.

You can however still buy genie+ you just need to book it on the day, rather than paying for the whole thing upfront, which depending on the amount of days you spend at Disney may save you money.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 22, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shifu View Post
I know, it’s insane to be even contemplating it. But giving Disney an extra £10k for a “holiday” I’m not wanting seems even more so.
Do you think they’ll still even have Genie+ availability the week leading up to Christmas let alone ride availability? 😩😩 ( I know no one has a crystal ball, that bit was rhetorical tbh, I’m just sad and thinking out loud- let’s face it, my phone probably won’t even work in the parks so at the end of the day I need to just attempt I.L.L’s perhaps and forget riding anything else) 😭😭
I agree with Dan, you sound like you should be eligible for a ride access pass so hopefully you can get that 🤞🏼
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 22, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
As I understand it, not being able to stand for long periods is not a reason for a DAS. They will suggest you hire a wheelchair or ECV.

I have arthritic knees these days and will find it tricky. Planning to use Genie+ and ILL as much as I can, and hire a chair if I find I need one.
Other parks: Tokyo

Edited at 11:32 AM.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 22, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
If you are not able to stand in the queue then you are probably eligible for the disability access program which provides you a virtual queue access and is free of charge.

You can however still buy genie+ you just need to book it on the day, rather than paying for the whole thing upfront, which depending on the amount of days you spend at Disney may save you money.
Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
I agree with Dan, you sound like you should be eligible for a ride access pass so hopefully you can get that 🤞🏼
It might depend on the reason. I read that Disney are cracking down on this and recommending that people hire scooters if they can't stand in long queues as then they can sit in the queue.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 22, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
It might depend on the reason. I read that Disney are cracking down on this and recommending that people hire scooters if they can't stand in long queues as then they can sit in the queue.
Yes very much depends on the reason why. If it is purely mobility reasons then yes they will suggest to hire a scooter or wheelchair. In which case that is another option as well.

Baring in mind you are very unlikely to get a lot done with Genie+ alone, there would certainly be times you would need to wait in standby if you want to get the majority of attractions done.

Edited at 11:38 AM.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 22, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Yeah I always hire a wheelchair.
Thanks everyone 😟🙂
Old 31 May 22, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
WonkyTrout
Excited about Disney

Juts paid the balance on Disney tickets from ATD. Had to be paid today to get the Genie+ on them.
WonkyTrout is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List