Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 3 Jun 22, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Woo hoo to your lie in!
The town looks really nice, definitely like staying on a film set, very quaint. I thought the weather gods were being good to you then it just went a bit wrong-you don’t seem to have much luck visiting National Parks, snow just seems to follow you! The scenery did look fab in all your photos, I like all your framed park prints
Shame Hope has come down with the lurgy a rest day will hopefully have done her good. I’m so pleased you finally got a good meal
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Woo hoo to your lie in!
The town looks really nice, definitely like staying on a film set, very quaint. I thought the weather gods were being good to you then it just went a bit wrong-you don’t seem to have much luck visiting National Parks, snow just seems to follow you! The scenery did look fab in all your photos, I like all your framed park prints
Shame Hope has come down with the lurgy a rest day will hopefully have done her good. I’m so pleased you finally got a good meal
I know right, I really want to go back to Shenandoah in the summer months and drive all the way to the South entrance as I think the scenery would be even better!
I love my framed prints, need a bigger house to put them all up though! I also have the licence plates from each State I’ve visited so I’m rapidly running out of wall space 😂

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 22, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Such an incredible day Stunning views, Shenandoah looks absolutely beautiful. I had the words to "Country Roads" in my head while I was reading And your Anne of Green Gables comment took me right back - I loved those books! The General Store, and the whole town looks so quaint. I feel a bit sad about the big hotel coming to town.
Fingers crossed that Hope feels well enough for the zip lining tomorrow.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Such an incredible day Stunning views, Shenandoah looks absolutely beautiful. I had the words to "Country Roads" in my head while I was reading And your Anne of Green Gables comment took me right back - I loved those books! The General Store, and the whole town looks so quaint. I feel a bit sad about the big hotel coming to town.
Fingers crossed that Hope feels well enough for the zip lining tomorrow.
Haha I love that song!
Photos really don't do the views in Shenandoah justice.
Anne of Green Gables was a huge part of my childhood, I watched the series and read the books dozens of times. I felt sad too as the town just doesn’t suit a large corporate style hotel! I just hope the smaller Inns stay in business

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List