Notices

Old 21 Jun 22, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Guess Who's Back!

Yeeesssss

Final pieces of the puzzle in place for 2022.

We are 7 Adults and 4 Kids!

Our family has been 3 times previously,

Usual first visit madness 2012 - thinking its the ONLY time you would go - sold what travel agent told us to take - 21 nights at RI@PO, carhire, Disney, Universal, Legoland, Seaworld... again we will only ever go once in a lifetime. Frist day walking up Main Street, USA I knew I would be back and as often as possible.

2016 & 2017 CBR with Free Dining Plan, Disney Parks Only.

This time Kids are older, 15, 11 and 8 - so 5 in a room with one toliet just wont cut it!

9 bedroom, 6 bathroom villa at Storey Lake so we invited 2 of our families to come and join us!

Post covid Scottish flights are still nuts, I am sure they are not perfect everywhere.
VA now from Edinboro started off at £1900 pp... (now around £900). Just not feasible.
Looked at VA manchester - much more reasonable, around £450-600 pp. Bided my time and thru extensive research over the years the best time to buy flights is in the January or May of the year you are travelling.

Had no intention of using TUI - but monitored prices. In May they became £250 pp! (Now £189! ) from manchester. 12.15 flight - so combined with the 4am train from Glasgow - Manchester Airport - its a little risky but all booked and ready to go. We can always drive down if trains/airports are still madness in a week or so.

Train fares arent as low as they have been, but still as a group we saved over £3200 on the flight prices we were prepared to pay, so hey ho.

TUI - great up front, sales pitches adverts - in my experience - not so great when something goes wrong... But £3200 saving is immense and means we are planning 2023! Onsite dinsey, 2 rooms at CBR with 2 x $1200 credits and that saving goes a long long way.

Issue with flying TUI is plane goes into MLB not MCO. Looked at public transfers - and private transfers... When thru Booking.com and US transfer co and got 15 seat private van collecting us at airport and taking us (ironically up to MCO) to collect our own 15 seater van hired for the holiday. And then collecting us from the Villa and taking us back at end of Holiday.

Hired Van thru Virgin/Alamo - NONE at MLB, NONE with Andy at DFCH, only this one thru VA Alamo. Will return to MCO day before we leave.

Park tickets - this time just Universal we think. Havent been since 2012 - and as much as we'd like to do Star Wars and Toy Story in Disney - we can leave that and do that full on next year...

Sweet...

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Wish on a star
Excited about Disney

Oh have an amazing time - do let us know what Storey Lake is like please. We are staying there in October in an 8 bedroom.
I’m hoping it’s as nice as it looks.
Wish on a star is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

We love a villa stay! One of my favourite parts of the day is breakfast by the pool in the warm Florida sunshine 😊
Have a great time

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List