Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 26 Jun 22, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

First Family of Four Trip to Disney - Day ONE Arrival Day

Well despite the late bedtime, the children were up and raring to go at about 6.30am! We'd been informed when we checked in the night before that they didn't have a table for our pre paid breakfast for us until 10am (no good with an 8.20am Eurostar!) so we decided to get packed up, showered and dressed and just head to the Eurostar terminal to grab some breakfast there. Uneventful check out and we were excited to be on our way.

Once in the car it was only about 5-10mins drive to the terminal, I found the check in process really smooth here, it scans your car registration plate, you confirm who is in the car and answer a couple of questions and then you're on your way! We had arrived about an hour and 15mins before our train and were offered the earlier one on screen so we accepted and then only had about 30mins before boarding.

Once inside the terminal we quickly all used the toilet, and decided rather than hot food we'd just grab 4 meal deals from WhSmith and then we'd eat them in the car. We've been blessed with children who are very good eaters and will eat anything so never have to worry 4 sandwiches, crisps and drinks, fruit, crackers and sweets later and we were back in the car and driving to passport control. This didn't take very long at all, staff were very friendly indeed - you go through passport control at this side, then drive a few hundred yards then through the French side meaning that you can just drive straight off at the other end.

We drove onto the train and were very shortly on our way, very uneventful crossing and everyone enjoyed their snacks and sandwiches.

Soon we were on the road and wow! The French roads are fantastic, so smooth, very easy to drive and navigate. Very excited to see this sign and as a bonus the kids slept most the way again

We followed the signs to Cheyenne and parked in the check-in car park. First impressions were fantastic, it's so well themed, spotlessly clean and just beautiful. There was no one at check in so we were seen within a few minutes and our room was ready early. Mark let Poppy run around the lobby stretching her legs while Thomas came with me to check in. The lady gave him some Toy Story stickers for him and Poppy and a 30th Anniversary badge each which has gone in their special memories boxes. The cast member explained we were in the closest block to the Disney Village and she wasn't wrong, you literally turned out of our room and were at the back of the Art of Marvel so very close indeed.

We went to the room and I unpacked and put everything in it's place (I'm one of them ) while the children enjoyed the room and Mark read the all important hotel info.

After unpacking we were all hungry now - no question where to go - we were excited to head into the village and back to Earl of Sandwich which was one of our favourites from previous trips. The walk to the village made me so happy to be here and so grateful after the last couple of years.

The new Art of Marvel looks stunning and we were excited to go and look inside later in the week.

Into Earl of Sandwich and we all ordered meal deals, children got ham and cheese, Mark got beef and I got the Hawaiian without pineapple We got some crisps, brownies and some curly fries.

Now I hate to say it but it was very disappointing... my sandwich was lovely, but Mark said his really wasn't very good, the children picked at theirs and ate the ham out the middle, the curly fries were half cooked and not a patch on the wedges they used to serve, and the brownie was just like plain dry cake - nothing like a Brownie and with no chunks of Ghiradelli chocolate in like it used to have. Mark said he wouldn't go back here. I would but I'd probably be on my own!

Never mind - we agreed to go and have a look round Disneyland Park, and as the parks were fully booked today were happy just to soak up the atmosphere if ride queues were too long.

There's nothing like that first view of the gates as you go in It was beautiful and exactly as I remembered. I looked at my lovely husband and my 2 beautiful babies and immediately welled up. At 44 it was a very long road to get here and I have to pinch myself every day that I have them.

We looked at the queue times and Phantom Manor was only 10mins so we headed straight over there absolutely fizzing with excitement that this was going to be Poppy's very first Disneyland Ride...

What can I say

Slept through the whole thing in Daddy's arms but me and Thomas loved it!
Next short wait time was pirates at about 10mins again. We figured the drop would wake her up
She woke up as we went in the queue and seemed to enjoy it. She has no fear and was probably a little half asleep still.

Teacups next and that was a big hit, pretty much a walk on and Poppy and Thomas both love this one (Daddy not so much)

We walked through Fantasyland but queues were longer than we wanted and we'd had a long day so were getting tired. This is where it all went wrong - I gave Thomas a coin to throw into the fountain and to make a wish, he did this and then started howling and crying, saying he wanted the coin back. I have literally never seen him act like that, he had a full meltdown and it took him ages to calm down. I have no idea what the trigger was, possibly just tiredness and being overwhelmed but we had to promise him a ride on his favourite Buzz Lightyear ride to calm him down.

We went via the Dragon under the castle which both of them absolutely love.

Then a quick play and some photos at the side of the castle so Poppy could stretch her legs - it was tricky finding her places to walk and run at 15mths with it being so busy but we got some lovely photos and I might have cried again

Then onto Thomas's favourite Buzz Lightyear ride... brilliant, we all enjoyed this.

Naturally Poppy chose to be with her Dada, and Thomas wanted to sit with me (this is a recurrent theme). When we came out it was getting dark and the heavens opened, it wasn't forecast and we were totally unprepared - no coats, no raincover for the buggy, we were soaked, Poppy screamed her head off and it thundered and lightened Florida style! We sheltered under a gazebo outside of the Disneyland Hotel until it eased up and then had a soggy walk back to the room.

We got back just before 9ish so had lasted well. Kids were in pjs, drink of milk and straight to sleep and we were probably asleep the same time.

Tomrrow is EMH AND Illuminations at Disneyland Park so we all needed some sleep.

Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 06:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Wow just wow! The kids look so happy( and so do you two!).

You must be so happy to have a few trips planned in the not too distant future!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

The pictures are just gorgeous You got a fair few rides done and Poppy is so brave
Old 2 Jul 22, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

Your children look like they are living their best lives. Hope they have the best time x
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List