Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jun 22, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Endeavour
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
I've bit the bullet and ordered some after Aer Lingus lost our cases on our previous trip. We didnt get them back for 4 days!
Me too! Went for Samsung rather than Apple (house has two galaxy users and two iphone users). Less than £17 each when buying 4 pack on Amazon.
Endeavour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 22, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We’ve ordered a pack of 4 for our cases after our luggage went astray in Feb.
Old 23 Jun 22, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

For those looking at the Apple Air tg,mtge pack of four is on discount at Amazon for £80
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDante
Trainee Dibber

I ordered a pack of these a week or so ago. They're definitely going to be useful for attaching to children and pushchairs while in WDW, but I have found some issues/limitations for tracking things like cars.

You can only add the airtags to one person's account, meaning if you share a car with a partner, only one person can track it. Because of that, if you're driving the car but don't have it added to your account, you get pinged that you are potentially being tracked. Which will notify the person that stole your car that they are being tracked. More info on that is here runningwithmiles.boardingare...-stolen-items/

Like I said before, this is still going to be useful in WDW and for finding lost items, but it's not that useful IMO for stolen items.
DisneyDante is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyDante View Post
You can only add the airtags to one person's account, meaning if you share a car with a partner, only one person can track it. Because of that, if you're driving the car but don't have it added to your account, you get pinged that you are potentially being tracked.
Not sure on the activation time/parameters for this but I have one in our car and my wife's iPhone has never alerted the presence of the airtag even though the airtag is on my account and she has been on her own in the car for a couple of hours or more

Whether it's because I'm not using 'Find My' app, all the time whilst she is out. Maybe if I was actively using the 'Find my' app over a perid of time to track the car it would trigger the alert, I don't know.

Edited at 11:04 AM.
Stu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

My partner and I carry them so we know at all times where each other are (for safety and its a nice feeling) eg he is in Vegas this week and I can see when he is in his suite so suitable to WhatsApp him or at the pool/restuarant so can leave him alone and vice versa . We dont have them activated all the time but while he is away and I am here it we really are using them
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
CCFCRJ
Very Serious Dibber

Haven't read all posts so sorry if duplicated but I have the galaxy smart tags and put them in kids pockets when we go football matches in case we ever became separated. Play to do the same for parks over there and use in luggage too. Great for when you lose your phone too as they can ring it for you. Also saw a suggestion to put one in car ar parks to find it easier. Lots of good little uses for them
CCFCRJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
Two types of smart tags there is tile as well, but tgat requires a subscription for anything over the basics.
Apple air tags, £73-80 for four, you need an apple device to get the total use out of, and has to be iOS 11 upwards. There is a android app with limited features you can use
Samsung smart tags plus, around £55 for two.only works on Samsung items, no iOS app

Tests done reckon the Samsung are quicker to respond to checks, but both require comparable Samsung or apple goods around them to piggyback signals off.

Choice of smart tag may come down to what phones/tablets you have tbh
Any other Android options other than Samsung or would the Samsung work with other Android phones?
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
ufonix
Earning My Ears

I have 4 Apple AirTags which we use when travelling. Comparison based on the cost of tags manufactured by Samsung/Tile/Apple/etc. is mostly irrelevant since the main utility of this is finding lost items. If you want a tag that actually works then the Apple AirTag has to be the best option. This purely down to the adoption rate: Almost every iPhone on the planet is a beacon for an Apple AirTag. AirTags can also be tracked on Android so I would get an AirTag even if I didn’t own an iPhone.
ufonix is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Endeavour View Post
Me too! Went for Samsung rather than Apple (house has two galaxy users and two iphone users). Less than £17 each when buying 4 pack on Amazon.
Do you have a link for those please, we are Samsung users.
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List