Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jul 22, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi we flew into Bozeman , from there the easiest way to park would be through Gardener but the extra 1.5 hours is well worth it. Something we will never forget and in fact we would plan to do it again with a slight detour to the Little Big Horn
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 22, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

We did a Colorado/Utah road trip in 2019 and absolutely loved Arches NP. We were based in Moab for that portion and visited several times. We also visited Dead Horse Point State Park from there and did a boat trip on the Colorado river. If you have the time/budget I can highly recommend Dan Mick’s 4x4 tours which was another highlight.

I did a mini trip report which includes a bit more info.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...highlight=Moab

Edited at 12:25 PM. Reason: Additional info
kateh134 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 22, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks again for all the replies - added in a fair few bits and tweaked the end of the trip to include Page and dropped a day in Sedona to give us the time for this.

Neil

Life's not meant to be lived in one place

The One Stop Trip Spot - all my trip reports all in one place

Edited at 05:35 PM.
Gunna is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 22, 05:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
Thanks again for all the replies - added in a fair few bits and tweaked the end of the trip to include Page and dropped a day in a Sedona to give us the time for this.
I think that is a great change of plans!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 22, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

This sounds like a fantastic trip planned and all the places you will visit are on my list too! I'm looking forward to reading your report

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 22, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi we flew into Bozeman , from there the easiest way to park would be through Gardener but the extra 1.5 hours is well worth it. Something we will never forget and in fact we would plan to do it again with a slight detour to the Little Big Horn

After the horrific flood during June both the North Entrance (from Gardiner) and North East Entrance (Cooke City) into Yellowstone are closed for the foreseeable future. The Beartooth Highway from Red Lodge to Cooke City has opened just last week with restrictions but it isn't possible to enter Yellowstone. The only ways in at the moment are West Yellowstone (West Entrance), HWY 89 John D Rockefeller Parkway (South Entrance) and the HWY 14 from Cody, WY (East Entrance).

nps.gov/yell/index.htm

From the updates I have seen I don't think the North and North East Entrances will be open for many months(if not longer). THE NPS and local authorities have done amazing work in the last few weeks to enable the Park to open at all.

Edited at 07:26 AM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 22, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
After the horrific flood during June both the North Entrance (from Gardiner) and North East Entrance (Cooke City) into Yellowstone are closed for the foreseeable future. The Beartooth Highway from Red Lodge to Cooke City has opened just last week with restrictions but it isn't possible to enter Yellowstone. The only ways in at the moment are West Yellowstone (West Entrance), HWY 89 John D Rockefeller Parkway (South Entrance) and the HWY 14 from Cody, WY (East Entrance).

nps.gov/yell/index.htm

From the updates I have seen I don't think the North and North East Entrances will be open for many months(if not longer). THE NPS and local authorities have done amazing work in the last few weeks to enable the Park to open at all.
Still no change for North and North East entrances - still closed.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List