Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jul 22, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

We use them in all cases and were glad we did when 3 out of 4 of our cars didn’t show up when we arrived home last trip. We could see they’d made it to Heathrow but not onto our flight to Newcastle, and could then see when they were sent to Newcastle, then on to the couriers warehouse and then follow them on the delivery route (which was useful as we had no communication to even let us know they were on the way). I’d definitely recommend them even if just for peace of mind.
Sept 21 TwoGoTo Aiya Napa - Amarande Hotel
Nov 21 TwoGoTo New York - The James New York Nomad
Mar 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Cabana Bay
Sept 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
Nov 22 TwoGoTo Rome - 9Hotel Cesari
July 23 TwoGoTo Kos - Mitsis Summer Palace
Sept 23 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 22, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Samsung smart tags plus, work great and have ar ability to help find the tag
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 22, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
deeley
Imagineer

Originally Posted by deeley View Post
No but I can.
I got them from apple with a discount.
It’s because I’m a teacher
deeley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 22, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

I have a Samsung galaxy A12 since my old Galaxy S died. Is this range compatible for the tags. I also take my iPad on holiday so unsure now whether to try them and which one
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 22, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Tinks2014 View Post
I like the idea of knowing where my luggage is . I wonder about the safety aspect. Anyone concerned about these being used by stalkers etc ?
If an AirTag 'follows' you around then you get a notification on your phone letting you know that you are being tracked.

We had this happen recently on a school trip. The parent has put an AirTag in the child's bag and it kept popping up on the teacher's phone to say it was following them.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
I have a Samsung galaxy A12 since my old Galaxy S died. Is this range compatible for the tags. I also take my iPad on holiday so unsure now whether to try them and which one
The Samsung tags are, according to their website, suitable for all their phones but the Plus ones only compatable with the latest Samsung phones range. I bought my 2 S Tags from Amazon £39 for the two. They same as the plus apart from the extended range & visual ability to 'find'. I dont have the latest Samsung phone. Only just found out you do need wifi as well as Bluetooth on for them to work so I'll have to sort out some sort of 'roaming' b4 I go to Oz.
Havent set mine up yet as the battery starts working as soon as you do & I'm not off til 24th October. Samsung site says 300 days battery life & I want to use them for Canada in February too.

Edited at 08:15 AM.
THE WIZARD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

My Apple AirTags have arrived, bought through Apple. Will try them out going to Ibiza in a couple of weeks.

They did a story on Coronation Street where a tile was put in a bag and the characters phone pinged to let her know. I thought that was interesting and didn’t realise that would happen. Very clever stuff.

Hope they work as well as I expect. 🤞🏼
Kat
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
samsung/us/support/answer/ANS00088244/
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I have been thinking of getting these today after reading another post from YorkshireT.

I assume the best deals are on Amazon?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I have been thinking of getting these today after reading another post from YorkshireT.

I assume the best deals are on Amazon?
For AirTags I don’t think there are any offers for the 4 pack now and there’s a long wait on Amazon.

Apple have them in stock at full price.

If you know someone with an employee discount scheme at work they may get a discount. Dh looked earlier for me and his is showing £88.80 for the 4 pack direct from Apple.

I’m going to order some more tonight as we’ve only got three to put in cases and will have 6 bags coming back I think. Sod’s law a case without one would go walkies 😂
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List