Old 27 Jul 22, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by juliab View Post
What a lovely thing to happen, enjoy your upgrade and have an amazing holiday!
I know we are so lucky. Thank you x

Originally Posted by samhartwell View Post
Fantastic news Abby

enjoy every minute!

Sam
Thanks so much Sam. I'm already enjoying all the snacks xx

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Have a lovely time Abby! Little bit envious as we aren’t planning Florida next year as we’ve booked New York instead.

Love the nails and you must be buzzing about the upgrade!

Enjoy. 😁

Kat x
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Have a lovely time Abby! Little bit envious as we aren’t planning Florida next year as we’ve booked New York instead.

Love the nails and you must be buzzing about the upgrade!

Enjoy. 😁

Kat x
Very excited.

Finally airside. What a stressful morning. Long queues at bag drop and check in. We only had boarding passes for Dave and me so had to queue for 1h30 to check in. Some very unhappy people there turned away 😢

In the end we all got checked in and Kates boarding pass is showing the quadruple S. So that explains me not being able to check her in. Phew!

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Very excited.

Finally airside. What a stressful morning. Long queues at bag drop and check in. We only had boarding passes for Dave and me so had to queue for 1h30 to check in. Some very unhappy people there turned away 😢

In the end we all got checked in and Kates boarding pass is showing the quadruple S. So that explains me not being able to check her in. Phew!
I wonder why people being turned away. A relief to finally be airside! I am doing similar this time next week staying at the same premier inn next Tuesday night and fly next wesneday, although on the earlier 11am BA flight, so plan to do twilight checkin/bag drop the night before. Length of trip is the same as well just return a week after you do. Although I am at Universal first and switch to Disney the day you switch to Universal.

What was the security queue wait like? I do have fast track so hopefully that helps.

Also I have breakfast time pre-booked at the premier inn, how did you find that this morning? did you have to queue much to access the buffet or is it fairly easy to grab food/drink?

Edited at 01:09 PM.
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by m2k00 View Post
I wonder why people being turned away. A relief to finally be airside! I am doing similar this time next week staying at the same premier inn next Tuesday night and fly next wesneday, although on the earlier 11am BA flight, so plan to do twilight checkin/bag drop the night before. Length of trip is the same as well just return a week after you do. Although I am at Universal first and switch to Disney the day you switch to Universal.

What was the security queue wait like? I do have fast track so hopefully that helps.

Also I have breakfast time pre-booked at the premier inn, how did you find that this morning? did you have to queue much to access the buffet or is it fairly easy to grab food/drink?
If you can do bag drop it will be quicker. But as I couldn't do online check in for Kate we had no choice. One girl was turned away as she didn't have enough time left on her passport, don't worry for the states as this isn't a problem, but for other countries 3 months is needed. I really felt for her. Then there was another family that I didn't hear the end of their tail. They were next to us and the check in staff tried phoning but it wasn't looking good. Then it was our turn so I didn't hear the outcome.

As for the Premier Inn it was speedy at breakfast all very quick you should ve fine.

Security was only about 20 minutes in the end. But you should be fine.

I hope you have a fab trip x

Old 27 Jul 22, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
If you can do bag drop it will be quicker. But as I couldn't do online check in for Kate we had no choice. One girl was turned away as she didn't have enough time left on her passport, don't worry for the states as this isn't a problem, but for other countries 3 months is needed. I really felt for her. Then there was another family that I didn't hear the end of their tail. They were next to us and the check in staff tried phoning but it wasn't looking good. Then it was our turn so I didn't hear the outcome.

As for the Premier Inn it was speedy at breakfast all very quick you should ve fine.

Security was only about 20 minutes in the end. But you should be fine.

I hope you have a fab trip x
Thanks, have a great trip.
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Safe travels and have a truly magical trip x
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 22, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by m2k00 View Post
Thanks, have a great trip.
No problem

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Safe travels and have a truly magical trip x
Thank you, we arrived safely all checked in and I spoke to my boy and he was fine so I happily drank a margarita at the pool bar!

Old 3 Aug 22, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve finally got back the motivation to come back to the dibb and I find I have missed all of this. Congratulations on becoming DVC members, I hope you are enjoying your first stay. It is so sad that Max isn’t with you.

The food treats you made all look yummy. I think I might have to get myself a copy of that cookbook!

I can’t believe that Buzz was on the no list for MK. We all love Buzz, even my three grumpy teenagers! We’re just back from DLP and I was sad that none of mine would do the teacups this trip. I’ve never done them anyway as I can’t handle the spinning, but I used to love standing by the side watching the girls and Ollie when they were smaller.

Like you, we always made good use of FP+ by booking our 3 in the morning and then booking extras so I’ve been interested to see all your experimenting with genie+. It has given me hope that genie+ might not be as bad as I feared and am looking forward to hearing about how it works out for you in real life.

You’ve got some great ADRs there. The lack of the ‘free’ DDP does push up the cost of the holiday. I think it will change the way we eat when we are there which is a shame. Like you, I loved being able to say yes to pretty much whatever the kids asked for.

I had to have a little laugh at the plane trainers. At least Dave thinks about what things go together. If I asked Ollie to find his things to pack, he would just pick up the first set of clothes in the drawer regardless of whether or not they go together. I’m sure it’s just a ploy so that I end up choosing for him!

I have the same problems with clothing teenagers. Mine buy a lot of stuff in H&M and Primark. My oldest went through a phase of ordering stuff from forever 21 online which seemed to me to be a bit like H&M and I think they have stores in the US. We also order stuff from SHEIN but the sizing can be a bit hit and miss and the website has so much stuff that it can be a bit of a job to trawl through it all. Quite a bit of the stuff on there is also inappropriate for kids in my opinion but we have managed to get some nice dresses and playsuits for reasonable prices.

I love your holiday nails and what good luck you had being upgraded for your flight. I hope you are enjoying your trip. I'm off to look at the food report.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I’ve finally got back the motivation to come back to the dibb and I find I have missed all of this. Congratulations on becoming DVC members, I hope you are enjoying your first stay. It is so sad that Max isn’t with you.

The food treats you made all look yummy. I think I might have to get myself a copy of that cookbook!

I can’t believe that Buzz was on the no list for MK. We all love Buzz, even my three grumpy teenagers! We’re just back from DLP and I was sad that none of mine would do the teacups this trip. I’ve never done them anyway as I can’t handle the spinning, but I used to love standing by the side watching the girls and Ollie when they were smaller.

Like you, we always made good use of FP+ by booking our 3 in the morning and then booking extras so I’ve been interested to see all your experimenting with genie+. It has given me hope that genie+ might not be as bad as I feared and am looking forward to hearing about how it works out for you in real life.

You’ve got some great ADRs there. The lack of the ‘free’ DDP does push up the cost of the holiday. I think it will change the way we eat when we are there which is a shame. Like you, I loved being able to say yes to pretty much whatever the kids asked for.

I had to have a little laugh at the plane trainers. At least Dave thinks about what things go together. If I asked Ollie to find his things to pack, he would just pick up the first set of clothes in the drawer regardless of whether or not they go together. I’m sure it’s just a ploy so that I end up choosing for him!

I have the same problems with clothing teenagers. Mine buy a lot of stuff in H&M and Primark. My oldest went through a phase of ordering stuff from forever 21 online which seemed to me to be a bit like H&M and I think they have stores in the US. We also order stuff from SHEIN but the sizing can be a bit hit and miss and the website has so much stuff that it can be a bit of a job to trawl through it all. Quite a bit of the stuff on there is also inappropriate for kids in my opinion but we have managed to get some nice dresses and playsuits for reasonable prices.

I love your holiday nails and what good luck you had being upgraded for your flight. I hope you are enjoying your trip. I'm off to look at the food report.
Hi Jo, lovely to hear from you again.

We are having an amazing time being back, things are definitely different - no DDP or FP have both resulted in things being a little different.

Genie+ has worked perfectly for us. No teething problems at all and I've been able to book 6 LL one after the other some days, or stack for the evening. Honestly apart from the having to pay for it, it has been fine.

The lack of DDP resulted in me not booking character meals as ADRs as I just couldn't stomach the cost of it. Plus we have done a supermarket shop for snacks which we have never done before. But on the positive side we have eaten in some of the lounges which wasn't possible previously, well I suppose it was possible, but given we had free food elsewhere I never wanted to pay extra for more food. We also aren't 'forced' into having desserts when we don't want them.

Now that we are here Kate is more keen to do some of the smaller rides and she wanted me to book Peter Pan the other day as we hadn't done it on our first morning at MK. A shame about yours not wanting to do the tea cups, that's one we haven't been on yet or Carousel. I'm waiting to mention them until nearer the end and we are feeling more nostalgic.

Today we are off shopping at the outlets our first outlet trip ever in Orlando so fingers crossed there are some things she likes!

We are a week into the trip. I'm doing a live dining report and I'm actually managing to keep up with it. I hope you enjoy reading all about our adventures.