Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 3 Jun 22, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

The Orville is back

Yes, after a long hiatus, the Orville is back, First episode episode had a lovely tribute to Nirm Macdonald, who’s last ever role was in this episode.

Not going to be popular, but I think this is so much better than any of the other space based shows currently, as they don’t try to lecture me with the writers politics.
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,

Edited at 04:39 PM.
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 22, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

You need to edit the title of this post me thinks

I enjoyed it, but perhaps the biggest surprise was the young lad that played the doctors eldest son - thought he acted the part really well, really well.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 22, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Where can I watch it as I’ve not seen it advertised? I’ve really enjoyed the previous series.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 22, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

It’s on Disney plus. Yeh I enjoyed it. I know what you mean about it being better than other space themed shows. I’m a big trek fan but last season of discovery was just boring. I am enjoying Strange new worlds, it’s more like classic trek. I wouldn’t compare it to and of the Star Wars shows as I think they are completely different
Old 10 Jun 22, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Enjoyed episode 2 also, reminded me of one TNG episode with Geordie coming down with an infection...
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

OK anyone else watching this, have many of these episodes been very ... earnest?

Wanting to cover subjects that are worth coving in some way, but not doing so in a particular clever / subtle / imaginative way?
Old 29 Jul 22, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
thecheshiredad
Excited about Disney

I think I’m about 5/6 episodes in. They’ve definitely dialled down the humour compared to the earlier seasons (although the episode with ‘human’ Isaac was amusing. It’s gone down a more Star-Trek-like path, less about the crew relationships and more about the politics the OP mentioned they had avoided. I’m still enjoying it, despite the unnecessarily long episodes.
Is it just me that finds Adrianne Palicki wooden though?
thecheshiredad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

Yeh it has definitely dialled back the humour but it’s still funny. I do feel that it’s tackling some issues without being too woke and annoying something that I find discovery can be bad for. I’m actually really enjoying this season. As for Adrienne Palicki I think it’s her hair, she is spending a lot of time not moving much so her hair stays in place rather than just let it sit naturally and move
Old 30 Jul 22, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

I think that last nights episode ep 9 was the season finale, didn’t expect the ending tbh, quite a shock.
CGI was very good though
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Animal's_lover
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
I think that last nights episode ep 9 was the season finale, didn’t expect the ending tbh, quite a shock.
CGI was very good though
No, next week is the final episode of the season

Anne
Animal's_lover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List