Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 31 Jul 22, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Pleased to see your review of The Plaza. I have it booked but leaning towards Caseys Corner instead. Those sandwiches look great.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 22, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Those sundaes looked lovely
And even though I’m not a fan of salad so did your Florida salad with the strawberries 🍓
Best of all & the winner for me was the cheesecake 🤤🤤🤤yum

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 22, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
All caught up now.

You’ve had some lovely food and cocktails .

Have a great day at Epcot and I hope you manage to get a place on Guardians 🤞🤞
Old 31 Jul 22, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Just catching up, I thought I would be very late to the party but I see it is early days still.

Yak & Yeti looks great, why have I not made it here yet. I was determined to get there in April and I even got a Landry card and it is even my birthday (genuinely) in April and I still didn’t go!

I was very much looking forward to Geyser Point when we stayed at Wilderness Lodge in 2019 but it was a bust for me as it was so busy, couldn’t get seated. I talked to staff and had the bison burger meal brought to my room though. Best burger ever.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 22, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Love the Plaza sundaes and I always think Disney tots are a winner.

The sandwiches and cheesecake look really good - perfect for a chill day. I do like the look of your cocktail cans but shame they were a bit same-y
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 22, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Yay! Your plaza experience seemed to be on the positive side (except for the crab cakes).

Sad to see you had a similar wait to ours but I guess it proves that they are consistently overbooking

The sundaes looked yummy, I am sure the best choices are the simple ones in this place
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 22, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Brilliant few updates of your first days back in Orlando! Getting me so excited for our upcoming trip 😊👌🏻
I hope you have a fantastic time on your trip. Not long now.

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
Great updates. I use the filter machine in the rooms but buy a pack of starbucks coffee to go in it and some half and half (love some H&H). You had another packed day at the park. Shame about your crabcakes but the chicken sandwich and loaded fries looked yummy as did the sundaes. I love that you decanted the margarita into a glass, classy. I would have probably just drunk it from the can . I don't think I've been to Target when I'm at Disney. Use them elsewhere in the US just not there, glad you found all you wanted.
We've never been supermarket shopping before in Orlando. We did use Walgreens for supplies when we stayed on I Drive one year. But as we've no dining plan I figured this was a good time to try out the shops.

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Well you know you are in Disney when you have tots for breakfast- so good! 😋 Dave’s chicken sandwich and Kate’s fries at The Plaza look fantastic. It’s a shame your crab cakes weren’t as good but your sundae is epic!

You made it to Target! 😆 I’m impressed with your haul and I love that Kate managed to pick up some clothes too. 😍 The subs are huge and your salad is perfect (I love fruit in my salad, which I am aware is a bit controversial!). Xxx
The salad was really good, lovely blueberries and strawberries in it, plus lots of chicken and lettuce. I'd happily have it again.

Originally Posted by samhartwell View Post
another fab day

sleepy hollow waffle nutella and fruit is on my list though it looks so yum!

sounds a great day and some super food bought at target and nice to get some stuff out of the parks

Again the cocktails look great !

Sam
I'm still determined to have that fruit and Nutella waffle at some point on this trip. It just looks so good.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 22, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Pleased to see your review of The Plaza. I have it booked but leaning towards Caseys Corner instead. Those sandwiches look great.
The sundaes were the star of the show at the Plaza. So maybe you could have your hotdogs and then go for dessert. There were quite a few tables who just ordered ice cream. The celebration 50th sharing sundae was very popular. It looked fab, but there's no way we could have managed it just the 3 of us.

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Those sundaes looked lovely
And even though I’m not a fan of salad so did your Florida salad with the strawberries 🍓
Best of all & the winner for me was the cheesecake 🤤🤤🤤yum
The cheese cake was good and I was pleased to find one qith 4 varieties.

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
All caught up now.

You’ve had some lovely food and cocktails .

Have a great day at Epcot and I hope you manage to get a place on Guardians 🤞🤞
Wedid get the virtual queue. Group 7! So an estimate 9.15 xx

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 22, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Just catching up, I thought I would be very late to the party but I see it is early days still.

Yak & Yeti looks great, why have I not made it here yet. I was determined to get there in April and I even got a Landry card and it is even my birthday (genuinely) in April and I still didn’t go!

I was very much looking forward to Geyser Point when we stayed at Wilderness Lodge in 2019 but it was a bust for me as it was so busy, couldn’t get seated. I talked to staff and had the bison burger meal brought to my room though. Best burger ever.
We've had some great meals so far. I'd like to go back to Yak and Yeti too on another trip. I can't believe we've never been before it was very good food.

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Love the Plaza sundaes and I always think Disney tots are a winner.

The sandwiches and cheesecake look really good - perfect for a chill day. I do like the look of your cocktail cans but shame they were a bit same-y
The tots were perfect in the morning. The other 2 enjoyed the bacon croissants but for me it was all about the tots.

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
Yay! Your plaza experience seemed to be on the positive side (except for the crab cakes).

Sad to see you had a similar wait to ours but I guess it proves that they are consistently overbooking

The sundaes looked yummy, I am sure the best choices are the simple ones in this place
Yep the sundaes were lovely and I had deliberately wanted to pick a small plate so I would have room for the ice cream.

Old 31 Jul 22, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

I loved the cocktails at Geyser Point, glad it still looks good!
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List