Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 1 Aug 22, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Vic1disney
Trainee Dibber

Eurocamp pont du vieux croix

Hi everyone.
Who has been here? We have it booked to follow 4 days after DLP.
We’ve booked and looking for any tips or things you wish you knew before going
I particularly interested in a bus trip mentioned to Paris?
Vic1disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Yes, we stayed here last year for just under a week. we stayed in one of the villa lodges and they were braw!
We did however go the first week of October so it was very off season, in fact they were getting ready to close up the following week i think. the park was deserted. only us and a few other caravans occupied with Eurocamp. (There was other holiday companies there too) The pool was still open as normal although the outdoor pool is not heated! there was a boating lake that was to open at weekends only but due to being windy it couldnt open. Not sure about the bus trip to Paris it wasnt running when we there so depends on when you are going?
Overall its a really lovely park and the pool is good. Our lodge faced the lake which is really nice. the park is massive too.
there's a big supermarket near the main road for supplies. and it's near Reims which is worth a visit.
oh and its also near enough to visit Parc Astrix if you were thinking about that?

let me know if you want me to post any photos up?
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)

Edited at 08:48 AM.
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 22, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Hi folks, we've booked a lodge next June at this campsite and would also be interested in any information on it.

We probably won't have a car, as the size of our party may make this impractical, 5 adults, 2 toddlers and a baby. Therefore looking at;
options for transfer from CDG
options for transfer to Disneyland for an overnight stay
are any of the local amenities, such as supermarkets, bakeries, etc within walking distance
does the campsite run trips to local places of interest.
Many thanks 🙂
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 22, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Hi folks, we've booked a lodge next June at this campsite and would also be interested in any information on it.

We probably won't have a car, as the size of our party may make this impractical, 5 adults, 2 toddlers and a baby. Therefore looking at;
options for transfer from CDG
options for transfer to Disneyland for an overnight stay
are any of the local amenities, such as supermarkets, bakeries, etc within walking distance
does the campsite run trips to local places of interest.
Many thanks 🙂
To be honest with you the campsite it's very much in the middle of no where, so you really would need a car to get around. Even to go to the local supermarket would be a good walk up and down the hill. There is a small village near by but not much in it all! It's very much in the French country side (which is lovely btw)
There was a shop on site but was never open when we were there (it was off season)
They did advertise a bus to DLP but also wasn't running when we were there so can't comment about that. I'm not sure if there was any other excursions. There is only really one restaurant in walking distance, small french bistro. I think it was about 45 minutes - to hours drive from CDG.
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 22, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Hi CarsonMac, I notice you were in a lodge. We've booked one too, though not the lake facing ones. I've read some quite alarming reviews about the state of disrepair of some of these lodges and the inability of eurocamp staff to do anything about complaints. What did you think of your lodge if you don't mind me asking please?
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 22, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Here are some of my pics from our lodge.

Overall we really liked it and the bathroom and kitchen were clean, it was starting to look a bit dusty tho overall. But this was the end of September/first few days in Oct we were there.
One thing I thought a bit weird was the stairs go directly into the main bedroom upstairs so to to access the twin room you need to go in via the main bedroom - I guess would be ok if it's close family but I thought they could be awkward for some people say if they need to the toilet in the middle of the night then they need to go downstairs via whoever is in the main room!

Old 30 Aug 22, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Happy Memories! We stayed there when "EuroDisney" opened and we went when it was only 6 weeks old. No pics as we didn't have a digital camera in 1992! We liked the campsite and were in a Canvas Holidays mobile home, then a tent for the second week. We had lots of rain and thunderstorms!

One thing that we did note was the fast flowing river (because of the rain) with no apparent fence. Our boys were just toddlers so were supervised anyway.
Old 1 Sep 22, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Vic1disney
Trainee Dibber

Well we are here.
To cut a long story short I spent most of the first night sat in my car crying. Disgusting dirty and damaged unit with yellow water from the taps-don’t drink the water!
Management initially refused to move me until I phoned Britain and the lovely Laura went nuts on France. Finally got us moved late (very late) at night.
Warning, these places are filthy, even our new upgraded model. God knows what on walls, light switches and floors. It’s just not clean. Here’s some pics. [IMG]Hg[/IMG]
Vic1disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 22, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Vic1disney
Trainee Dibber

Photos of comfort lodge

Not good!

The wet wipe is from wiping a small part of the floor.
Old 1 Sep 22, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Vic1disney
Trainee Dibber

Eurocamp La croix vieux du pont

Fly poo toilet paper

Every wall corner is like this.

All the walls along each are like this.