Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 2 Aug 22, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

sounds another perfect day and loving your food choices

makes me yearn for magic cookie bar as its so many years since I tried one !

loving your daily updates its honestly getting me through these next few weeks!
Aug 2015 - West Coast road trip number 2
July 2017 - East & West Coast trip No 3

Edited at 07:53 AM. Reason: typo
samhartwell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
Love a magic cookie bar! I cobbled together my own recipe from various internet sources post our WL stay and DH is always asking for them. It was my favourite Disney snack by far.
I'm going to have to get a recipe for one so I can recreate it at home. I love doing Disney food and drink to help us get through the winter!

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
That’s it - I’m 100% going to Geyser Point and finishing off with a Magic Cookie Bar
Sounds like a plan. The cookie bar was bought from Roaring Forks the QS which is in the main building on the corner near Storybook Dining, the Snow White meal. You probably know this already...but if I were you I'd pick that up first then head to Geyser Point.

Originally Posted by smedley View Post
Fab report so far, have you tried the bud light seltzers? Wondering if the Truly ones are similar or different because the bud light ones were a big let down when we tried them a while back from Aldi.

Love the look of all the cocktails you've had, girl after my own heart, looking forward to seeing what other yummy food you eat.
It's been a great start to the trip and we've still got 2 more weeks of food cocktails. I've not tried those selzers I did see them in Target, but I like the look of these so went with them instead.

Originally Posted by samhartwell View Post
sounds another perfect day and loving your food choices

makes me yearn for magic cookie bar as its so many years since I tried one !

loving your daily updates its honestly getting me through these next few weeks!
I'm glad to have been a service, helping your countdown to ebb away. Lots more tasty treats to come.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Day 5

I thought it would be helpful to let you know about my booking experience for GOTG, especially as it ended up being resolved easily.

Today was an extra magic hours for deluxe guests at Epcot. I had tried to book the virtual queue for Guardians at 6pm while we were in our room. But I got an error message saying we were not eligible. I took screen shots of everything. At the hotel front desk they said it was because we didn’t have park reservations for Epcot, we’d been to MK in the morning. Hmm...sounded like a fob off to me.

So, when we got to Epcot I spoke to one of the blue shirt Guest Experience cast members, these are all over the parks you can’t miss them. I showed Christy my screen shots she scanned my magic band and agreed it was odd, she didn’t know why it happened as it should not have been a problem that we were in MK in the morning, she confirmed we didn’t need to be in Epcot for the 6pm queue, unlike the 1pm drop and she sorted out virtual queue passes for all 3 of us in about 30 seconds. It’s taken longer for me to write about it than the process took.

This was our first technical issue, and it was resolved very quickly when I spoke to the right people. If I hadn’t had the screenshot I’m not sure I’d have been able to get the passes added, but it was obvious to her I’d tried to do it. If you have any trouble at all using the virtual queue take screen shots and see guest experience. Later today I'm going to the front desk and will tell them their error so they don't make the same mistake with other guests.

Back to the food, we were 15 minutes late to our ADR at Nine Dragons. I apologised but they didn’t mind. We were seated within a minute.

Kate ordered a coke. I ordered the South Sea breeze, coconut rum, grenadine, orange and pineapple juices and Dave ordered the Foo Draft beer.

The cocktail was nice, but I could mostly taste pineapple juice and not really any rum.

For our mains Kate had crispy duck. She loved it but couldn't finish it all. Both Dave and I had a little of the duck it was good but very rich, I preferred my dish.

I had canton pepper beef. I think this was the best choice. It was very good and I very much enjoyed it.

Dave the honey sesame chicken. He liked this and it was a huge portion of chicken.

We all really enjoyed our meals, and we were stuffed at the end of it. Absolutely no room for dessert.

We had a wander around World Showcase, but we were so full we couldn’t even manage a cocktail. The sky was turning and as we got to the Tiffany concert there was an announcement telling people to exit the theatre for their safety due to the severe weather. We have not had any rain so far on the trip. This is unheard of at this time of year.

We carried on walking, there were flashes of lightning in the sky but no rain. It was 8.45 so a little too early for extra magic hours and our virtual passes for Guardians so we decided to ride Living with the Land. Of, course you’ve guessed correctly as we ended the ride the rain came down and it was torrential. So, we went on Soarin again.

Then we just waited with other families in the entrance to the land and finally at 10pm it eased off a little and we made a dash for it. There was no way I was missing out on Gaurdians. We got wet, but not soaked. The ride was a walk on and it was so worth it. This time we got Tears for Fears Everybody wants to rule the world. It was brilliant. The rain had stopped by the time we exited the ride, so it was a slow tired walk to an extremely packed bus stop. We finally made it home at around 11.45pm.

No alarms set for the morning as we are off to Typhoon Lagoon and then AK is our evening park.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Goodness those dishes at nine dragons look delicious and plentiful! I think I would have chosen your dish too 😋
A shame about the rain but so pleased you made it onto Cosmic Rewind, I love Tears for Fears, what a perfect song to ride along too! Another fab day. Xx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Love the cocktail cans at the pool, looks like bliss.

Never tried Nine Dragons but the food looks yummy. I think you got the best meal
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Tatar tots, magic cookie and a trip to nine dragons added to my list for when we get back. We went to nine dragons in 2014 and enjoyed it, I’m a big fan of Chinese food and don’t have it nearly enough.

That cheese cake looks amazing!

How’s the heat been are you managing ok with it? We had two MASSIVE thunder storms on two evenings back in April and got drenched in MK. The second one was epic, we were in Homecomin’ and hoped it would pass over before we left, but no. We bought 4 plastic macs from the restaurant (lucky I spotted them on the way in) hitched my skirt up and Glen and I took our shoes off and ran back to our hotel over the bridge on hotel plaza boulevard on the other side of Disney Springs. It was hilarious. 😂 loved it, but mainly because we got back dry this time!

Kat x
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
So glad you enjoyed mine dragons, we’ve always had great meals there.
Old 2 Aug 22, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I love Nine Dragons but we ended up cancelling our ADR this year. I regretted it and regret it even more seeing your review!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Absolutely loving your report as ever, looks like you are having an amazing time and great food and drinks, it is making me really excited for our first DVC stay at Copper Creek this Christmas xx

Edited at 06:01 PM.
Jaspercat10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Goodness those dishes at nine dragons look delicious and plentiful! I think I would have chosen your dish too 😋
A shame about the rain but so pleased you made it onto Cosmic Rewind, I love Tears for Fears, what a perfect song to ride along too! Another fab day. Xx
Nine Dragons was definitely another hit for us. And fab to get on Cosmic Rewind.

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Love the cocktail cans at the pool, looks like bliss.

Never tried Nine Dragons but the food looks yummy. I think you got the best meal
I should have brought a couple of cans with us to TL today, although maybe you're not allowed to bring alcohol in.

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Tatar tots, magic cookie and a trip to nine dragons added to my list for when we get back. We went to nine dragons in 2014 and enjoyed it, I’m a big fan of Chinese food and don’t have it nearly enough.

That cheese cake looks amazing!

How’s the heat been are you managing ok with it? We had two MASSIVE thunder storms on two evenings back in April and got drenched in MK. The second one was epic, we were in Homecomin’ and hoped it would pass over before we left, but no. We bought 4 plastic macs from the restaurant (lucky I spotted them on the way in) hitched my skirt up and Glen and I took our shoes off and ran back to our hotel over the bridge on hotel plaza boulevard on the other side of Disney Springs. It was hilarious. 😂 loved it, but mainly because we got back dry this time!

Kat x
The cheese cake has been a hit - although after Nine Dargons we were s stuffed 4 hours later when we got back to our room so we didn't have any dessert. The rain was epic, especially as we haven't had any rain here so far. The lightning was very close and the thunder very loud. So funny to read your story about getting caught in the rain.

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
So glad you enjoyed mine dragons, we’ve always had great meals there.
We really did enjoy it. Kate and I have just shared a Rescuer special for lunch - shrimp in a lettuce wrap! They were good actually.

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I love Nine Dragons but we ended up cancelling our ADR this year. I regretted it and regret it even more seeing your review!
It's another restaurant we will need to return to at some point!