Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 29 Jul 22, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
loopylola
Excited about Disney

Kennedy Space Centre.

Hi my son would like to visit Kennedy space Centre when we are at Disney in September. We won't have transport and are 3 adults. I have seen tickets including transport from disney's Swan for £95 each on Florida tix has anyone used them for the tickets, did it work out OK was there enough time to see everything. I think you are there from about 10am till 5.30pm. Thanks in advance for any info.
loopylola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
funkyg
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

When we went went we had a two day ticket and used both days to the max but we read EVERYTHING! Decide which bits are most important (Shuttle/Saturn V etc) and plan your visit around those. Any spare time you can then decide what else to view while you're there.
funkyg is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I booked via Viator in 2017 for pickup/return from the Swan to KSC. The tour was run by Florida Dolphin Tours if I don't remember wrongly.

They picked me up from the Swan, then brought me to a central point (I think Rosen Inn at Pointe?) which seemed to be a general departure point for multiple tours. Had to wait a while there for the tour departing for KSC and make sure I got on the right bus! There was a guide on the bus who gave some tips on how to explore the centre (also means you need to tip the guide/driver).

KSC itself was quite good, though was very aware that I had to leave the centre by the time the bus was leaving to avoid missing my transport back to Orlando! I think I managed to see most things I wanted there, spent quite a bit of time at Atlantis, saw the Apollo center, did the bus tour, went for an astronaut session, wandered around the gift shop, got lunch. Only missed the IMAX movies as didn't have enough time for that. Didn't do any extras like lunch with an astronaut.

On the way back they asked where we wanted to be dropped off and dropped me back at the Swan. I seem to feel like I got back early enough to then pop into Epcot for dinner...

I'm currently looking at KSC options for my upcoming trip, no car, may book the bus tour again. The only difference is that I'll have a look at where the pickup points/times in Orlando are, and may get a pickup from elsewhere to avoid the whole transferring thing Swan-Rosen-KSC which was a bit annoying.
Old 30 Jul 22, 01:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We took a 4/6 year old this trip just so happened there was a launch I don’t think they will ever forget it DH and the boys had a fantastic day me loved the launch found it informative and wouldn’t have missed it for the world to see there faces light up
Ike there Dads did when they saw their first launch
I’d do it honestly worth it
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 06:07 AM  
Link to this Post
2020holibubbles
Excited about Disney

Sorry OP to jump on this thread. Gryff, is it worth visiting KSC on a launch day? There’s one coming up and we have tickets and I’m debating whether to visit on a launch day or to visit another day then go to Titusville or somewhere to try and watch the launch separately.
OP - sorry I can’t help with the original Q but FWIW I was happy to go for the bus option till OH decided to hire a car for other things x
2020holibubbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
loopylola
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
I booked via Viator in 2017 for pickup/return from the Swan to KSC. The tour was run by Florida Dolphin Tours if I don't remember wrongly.

They picked me up from the Swan, then brought me to a central point (I think Rosen Inn at Pointe?) which seemed to be a general departure point for multiple tours. Had to wait a while there for the tour departing for KSC and make sure I got on the right bus! There was a guide on the bus who gave some tips on how to explore the centre (also means you need to tip the guide/driver).

KSC itself was quite good, though was very aware that I had to leave the centre by the time the bus was leaving to avoid missing my transport back to Orlando! I think I managed to see most things I wanted there, spent quite a bit of time at Atlantis, saw the Apollo center, did the bus tour, went for an astronaut session, wandered around the gift shop, got lunch. Only missed the IMAX movies as didn't have enough time for that. Didn't do any extras like lunch with an astronaut.

On the way back they asked where we wanted to be dropped off and dropped me back at the Swan. I seem to feel like I got back early enough to then pop into Epcot for dinner...

I'm currently looking at KSC options for my upcoming trip, no car, may book the bus tour again. The only difference is that I'll have a look at where the pickup points/times in Orlando are, and may get a pickup from elsewhere to avoid the whole transferring thing Swan-Rosen-KSC which was a bit annoying.
Thanks this is helpful the last place they go to is icon park at 8am so may plan to just uber/lyft it to there instead.
loopylola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
loopylola
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
We took a 4/6 year old this trip just so happened there was a launch I don’t think they will ever forget it DH and the boys had a fantastic day me loved the launch found it informative and wouldn’t have missed it for the world to see there faces light up
Ike there Dads did when they saw their first launch
I’d do it honestly worth it
Tbh it's not something I'm that interested in, trying to cater for adult son, however I would definately love to see a launch do they list the launch days on their website?
Old 30 Jul 22, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
2020holibubbles
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by loopylola View Post
Tbh it's not something I'm that interested in, trying to cater for adult son, however I would definately love to see a launch do they list the launch days on their website?
kennedyspacecenter/l...vents-calendar
2020holibubbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Connors Daddy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by 2020holibubbles View Post
Cheers for this. Seems there is a launch due on 29th Aug when we are in Orlando.

What kind of view would we get from Titusville, as the viewing prices online at KSC seem quite dear, even though it's still miles away.

Is it worth a very early start?
Connors Daddy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
gforce_iom
Imagineer

gforce_iom's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have just come back from Florida and went out to the coast to see a daytime and nighttime launch.

As previous trips, we went to view the launches from Jetty Park, which is a park right by Port Canaveral and a great vantage point to watch rockets go up if you don’t want the higher cost of the visitor center.

portcanaveral/Recrea...ark-Beach-Pier

Note: if you are intending viewing from here you have to purchase your admission ticket in advance online and show your QR code to gain access,

It’s a very popular spot to watch a launch so get there in good time to get a good parking spot!
1991-96 4 Trips~1997x1~1999x1~2001x1~2004x1~2004/2005x3/2006x2/2007x3/2009x2/2010x2~2011 Westridge Villa~2012 Highlands Reserve Villax3~2013 Hampton Lakesx2~2014 Hampton Lakesx2~2015 Hampton Lakesx1~2017 Sunset Ridgex2~Rosen Shingle Creek~2018 Sunset Ridgex1~2018 Rosen Shingle Creek~2019 Sunset Ridgex1 Hampton Lakesx1 Calabay Parcx1 2020 Highlands Reservex1 2022 Calabay Parcx1 2024 Hunters Creekx1
gforce_iom is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List