Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 28 Jul 22, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Plant Based Paris: DLP May/June 2022 - Day 1

Day One: Monday 30th May 2022 – Disneyland Parc

Index is here

I had set the alarm for 7.30am so we could try at least some of the extra magic hours. We were all very tired from the late night before so was a struggle to get up. We had breakfast in our room – cereal bars and vegan croissants. We has bought tea bags with us but couldn’t find the kettle so I headed to the drink machine. I pressed hot water but out came mint tea. It was very sweet, unlike the mint tea I’m used to! Hayden got a hot chocolate. I’ve read you get a certain amount of drinks free each day but based on it only taking off around 16 cents each time, I assume you can have a lot!

We left the room at 8.30am and joined the fast moving queue to get through security into the village. The aim was Disneyland Parc today so we headed there. It was very busy but we were through quickly. We managed Dumbo, the Carousel and Pinocchio in before 10am, then the boys requested we ride Phantom Manor again.

On dumbo

Owen tried to capture the ghost on Phantom Manor!

By this point it was already quite busy waits for rides and we found this the case for our entire stay. In the end, the boys decided they wanted to meet Stitch on Main Street so we queued over an hour for this! The interaction was okay but I preferred other meets later in the week.

After this, we went to the shops as Ashley had his eye on a special 50th Mickey and Minnie and Hayden after much faffing, got a build your own mini droid. We decided to do Philharmagic next as it didn’t have a long wait and we had lunch reservation at 12.45 for Cafe Agrabah. We really enjoyed the show and it was nice to rest our tired feet!
We had to hot foot it over to Cafe Agrabah for our reservation. This was a welcome relief as it was so quite and peaceful in there as opposed to the busyness of the park. The food selection was great, so much to choose from for vegans and vegetarians and they even had a vegan desert!

Vegan food

More choice for vegan food!

Hayden's plate

Vegan desert

After lunch, we did the Aladdin walk through as we’d never done this before and then the dragon and Castle. It was so busy, with long queues.

The dragon

Aladdin walk through

Inside the castle

Ashley was desperate to meet Mickey so we settled on the 75 minute wait as at least it was in the cool. I was really disappointed to see they’d gotten rid of the Mickey shorts they used to show on the screen in here to keep the kids amused so it was a very long, dull wait.

In the queue

However Mickey was brilliant. He was funnier than Stitch and really interacted well with the boys.

Mickey was so funny and great with the boys - my favourite character interaction.

After this, we just felt all the wait times were too long so decided to get a snack and try the Pineapple Whip. It was lovely and I found a vegan cookie at Cafe de la Brousse too so was very happy. I forgot to take a photo this time but did later!

By now, it was nearly time for the parade so we went to find a spot near It’s a Small World. The parade was good but we did get a bit squashed by the people behind us.
After the parade, we went to the big shop in the Village and Hayden got a pad and pen. Then we headed to the Earl of Sandwich (one of our faves) for dinner. Owen, Hayden and Ashley got the kid’s meal – pizza, drink and chocolate pudding. I got a veggie sandwich without cheese and sauce and a fruit salad.

It was still nice even though it was basically a salad sandwich! We then wandered back to the hotel.

It was nearly 7.30pm so we hung around in the lobby waiting for the character meet. We couldn’t understand why no one was there until we realised it was actually by the convention centre! We rushed over there to find a bit of a queue for Goofy but it moved quickly.

Again, the interaction was great but there wasn’t a photopass photographer which was a shame. We were all dead on our feet by this point so quickly got the boys showered and ready for bed at nearly 8.30pm. The park was busy but we still had a lovely day.
Old 5 Aug 22, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

What a shame the parks were so busy and the wait times for character meets but you seems to get loads done and your food all looks very good
Old 6 Aug 22, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
What a shame the parks were so busy and the wait times for character meets but you seems to get loads done and your food all looks very good
We've been during May half term before and it was a lot quiter then. I suspect it was the after effect of people catching up after covid.
Em4owen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 22, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
LydandJas
slightly serious Dibber

Love your plant based Paris report!

How long in advanced did you make a dining reservation for Cafe Agrabah please?
LydandJas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List