Notices

Old 29 Jul 22, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
I joined a Facebook group about myVEGAS and the nine fine one was one people were talking about being difficult to get. It’s the only reason I got it and really don’t think we will have time to go there…. Same with Bellagio dinner buffet! 😂
This week has been one of those weeks that everyone hopes they don’t have to go through in a career. I think I’ve just about survived it and I’ve booked tomorrow and the weekend off just to recover 😂 I’ve then just got 5 more shifts to get though before relaxation will definitely be the order of the day for a few days before we head off!
I’ve had a couple of emails from virgin that I haven’t even read yet… doesn’t look like anything distressing though!
Sorry to hear about your awful work situation. Hope that all gets resolved.
We are going to Vegas in November again so will have to start stalking the rewards. You did very well to get them. I am a member of MyVEGAS Friends Rock. Maybe that’s the FB group?
Hope you enjoy your few days off and that work next week is good for you. Hope you all have an amazing time.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Sorry to hear about your awful work situation. Hope that all gets resolved.
We are going to Vegas in November again so will have to start stalking the rewards. You did very well to get them. I am a member of MyVEGAS Friends Rock. Maybe that’s the FB group?
Hope you enjoy your few days off and that work next week is good for you. Hope you all have an amazing time.
Thank you. Glad the week is over and hopefully with no lasting damage 😂

The group I’ve been learning from is myVEGAS gifts ideas and giveaways.

Thank you. Im sure whatever happens we will have an amazing time just getting two weeks uninterrupted family time!…. And fortunately I’ll be a multi millionaire by the time I leave vegas and never have to think about work again 😃🤑

Your trip is getting so close now! Are you all prepared and ready?
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Thank you. Glad the week is over and hopefully with no lasting damage 😂

The group I’ve been learning from is myVEGAS gifts ideas and giveaways.

Thank you. Im sure whatever happens we will have an amazing time just getting two weeks uninterrupted family time!…. And fortunately I’ll be a multi millionaire by the time I leave vegas and never have to think about work again 😃🤑

Your trip is getting so close now! Are you all prepared and ready?
lol I sincerely hope you are a millionaire. Best we have done is a few $200 ish wins.
I will have a look at that FB group. Thanks for that.
Yes just enjoy your weekend off then only a few days to get through and then you are off.
Think we are ready. Love San Fran and have cruised many times before. Only thing we are not sure of is clothing for Alaska. We are trying not to overpack so hope we get the clothing right.
Are you still staying at Venetian? You honestly wont be disappointed. We love it there. Having the sitting room was lovely to enjoy a snack and a few drinks. We always buy a bottle of vodka or something from Walgreens, and have a pre dinner drink.
Take your comfy shoes for walking the strip. Its very long.! Much longer than you think! Hope all your work issues go away, and that you have some great quality family time together.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
lol I sincerely hope you are a millionaire. Best we have done is a few $200 ish wins.
I will have a look at that FB group. Thanks for that.
Yes just enjoy your weekend off then only a few days to get through and then you are off.
Think we are ready. Love San Fran and have cruised many times before. Only thing we are not sure of is clothing for Alaska. We are trying not to overpack so hope we get the clothing right.
Are you still staying at Venetian? You honestly wont be disappointed. We love it there. Having the sitting room was lovely to enjoy a snack and a few drinks. We always buy a bottle of vodka or something from Walgreens, and have a pre dinner drink.
Take your comfy shoes for walking the strip. Its very long.! Much longer than you think! Hope all your work issues go away, and that you have some great quality family time together.
I have no expectation of any wins and our gambling will be very limited this time due to having the kids with us. We will definitely all be in our comfy shoes. I remember a few mornings walking back from mgm and New York New York at about 5am to caesars with my shoes in my hands so I do recall the strip being much longer than it looks 😂
We have never been to San gram but we have done a few cruises and Alaska cruise is definitely on our bucket list so would love to hear about it!
Yeah, we have 4 nights at the Venetian. We picked it for that exact reason to have. A little bit more from for the 4 of us. Hopefully it will work out. We plan to drive to Walmart to stock up on booze, snacks and cereals etc for the the room as soon as we leave the airport. We’ll see how that works about after a long travel day 😂 I know we
Will have a. Lovely time all together and I really hope you guys all enjoy your trip too. Who are you cruising with. We have always been loyal to royal caribbean so far as we’ve always enjoyed it and bee too scared to change!
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

I have no expectation of any wins and our gambling will be very limited this time due to having the kids with us. We will definitely all be in our comfy shoes. I remember a few mornings walking back from mgm and New York New York at about 5am to caesars with my shoes in my hands so I do recall the strip being much longer than it looks 😂
We have never been to San gram but we have done a few cruises and Alaska cruise is definitely on our bucket list so would love to hear about it!
Yeah, we have 4 nights at the Venetian. We picked it for that exact reason to have. A little bit more from for the 4 of us. Hopefully it will work out. We plan to drive to Walmart to stock up on booze, snacks and cereals etc for the the room as soon as we leave the airport. We’ll see how that works about after a long travel day 😂 I know we
Will have a. Lovely time all together and I really hope you guys all enjoy your trip too. Who are you cruising with. We have always been loyal to royal caribbean so far as we’ve always enjoyed it and bee too scared to change!
If we have a car we always do a Walmart trip or Uber it. Save a fortune on booze soft drinks and snacks.
First time we went it was I think about 103 degrees the day
we decided one lunchtime to walk from Mirage to Mandalay Bay as it looked so close. Won’t be doing that again.!
I don’t think anything can beat family time together. We are very fortunate our daughter still wants to have holidays with us etc.
We like Carnival. Did our first 4 day cruise from Port Canaveral one year while on holiday. Didn’t fancy cruising at all but it was last minute and $199 so we thought we would give it a try. Just loved it and apart from Covid times have cruised every year since. Our first Alaskan cruise though. Like you we are scared to try anyone else in case we don’t enjoy it.
We love the west coast and are sure you will all have a wonderful time. I really hope you we keep us updated on your travel plans and once there a nice little trip report. Have fun.
Old 9 Aug 22, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

so finally we are there! 1 day to go. We have had a nice couple of chill days since sally finished work on Thursday and I finished on Saturday morning.

I think we are all ready to go. Sally did the packing yesterday. I went out for a bit and washed the car so I didn’t get in the way 😂

I think we are pretty much ready. I have booked a restaurant as an option for our beach day after our boat trip from Newport Beach. I have booked a table at Dukes Huntington Beach around sunset time. The mask mandate as so far held off in LA country so hopefully it will stay that way for us!

I’ve printed our Attestation forms off which I need to complete. Printed some spares in case I mess them up 😂

I have my folder of paperwork all ready so have copies of just about everything. I activated my three SIM card yesterday which I’ll be using whilst I’m away so I don’t get fleeced by O2.

Our countdown has always been to departure day so the kids have completely forgotten we are staying at the airport this evening. It will be a bit of surprise for them when we head off to the airport this afternoon but it stops all the, “how much longer until we go?” From Emma and the, “how many more minutes?”, from Benjamin all day today! I’ve also adjusted the times on our airport parking as it was still set for the times around our Dubai flights times before we switched this holiday to the US.
We took them up to stansted airport yesterday afternoon to watch some planes taking off and landing just to kill some time and get them in the mood.
Now I need to get my bum in gear and start sorting my hand luggage, cameras and bits an pieces. Instead I’m sitting here typing on the Dibb. I think my sleep pattern is a bit messed up have finished on night shifts on Friday then I took our eldest, Chloe, and her boyfriend to the airport at 02:00 yesterday morning as they were flying off to corfu and I never made it back to bed after that!

Also, I’ll have to find a notepad or something if I’m going to try and boot a trip report of any worth together.

Still can’t quite believe we are actually going to get a proper holiday again after the last couple of years ✈️
Old 9 Aug 22, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I am really looking forward to any trip report on this one…

Have a great travel day!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I am really looking forward to any trip report on this one…

Have a great travel day!
Thank you. I know I will put a trip report together because I love to document our holidays to look back on with the kids in years to come. Just need to get my head in the game again…. I’m sure I’ll have them trained in the art of photographing before eating again in the next couple of days 😂🤣
Old 9 Aug 22, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you. I know I will put a trip report together because I love to document our holidays to look back on with the kids in years to come. Just need to get my head in the game again…. I’m sure I’ll have them trained in the art of photographing before eating again in the next couple of days 😂🤣
That is one of the reasons that I also enjoy doing trip reports.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

So exciting! I’m so pleased you are looking forward to your trip now after all of your concerns. Really looking forward to a trip report too.
Have fun 🤩
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List