M.I.C.K.E.Y
Getting Excited

M.I.C.K.E.Y's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Hi TLCS

Yes, that’s the route.
Thanks for that…. I’m not as tech savvy as I used to be 👍🏼

M.I.C.K.E.Y
M.I.C.K.E.Y is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Nells77
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

This is why I absolutely love the dibb 😍
I’ve definitely decided to book Heald Green. We can call at the Tesco in the evening and the girls can pick plane snacks!
Then we are going to park at the terminal drop and go for ease.
Will book the hotel as flexible and then change it if it gets cheaper nearer the time 🙌🏼
Nells77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TLCS View Post
Hi, altho I've never stayed in either Runger Lane PI, I checked Google maps, see if THIS 10 min walking route helps at all

For future trips, HERE's the satellite view of Heald Green PI and town on Google maps - there's a few eatery options, to the right as you look at the map
The only reason we never booked Heald Green before is because these days we only use the train direct to airport. It means getting off and catching another train back over ( even if only 1 stop) more of a faff for us. Suppose it’s as easy to catch a cab there as well as Runger Lane. Thanks for the map, much appreciated.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by M.I.C.K.E.Y View Post
Sure…
Head out of the road that you use to access both the Premier Inn’s and the Holiday Inn Express. There is a footpath on the right hand side just after you’ve walked passed the Holiday Inn.

Cross over the road (Runger Lane)….. this is the only road you need to cross.

Once you’ve crossed the road head right. At this point you have railings on your right hand side between the road and the footpath. The footpath will via left until you are walking with Wilmslow Road on your right hand side.
Eventually the footpath will branch off to the left away from the main road (Wilmslow Old Road) and The Romper is about a minute away.

Hope this makes sense, I did try to post a map screenshot but not sure how to post pictures to the forum.

M.I.C.K.E.Y
Thank you, depending on the weather ( this is for a another trip booked for November) I’m going to give it a try.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
TLCS
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by M.I.C.K.E.Y View Post
Hi TLCS

Yes, that’s the route. Thanks for that…. I’m not as tech savvy as I used to be 👍🏼

M.I.C.K.E.Y
You're very welcome

Originally Posted by Nells77 View Post
This is why I absolutely love the dibb 😍
I’ve definitely decided to book Heald Green. We can call at the Tesco in the evening and the girls can pick plane snacks!
Then we are going to park at the terminal drop and go for ease.
Will book the hotel as flexible and then change it if it gets cheaper nearer the time 🙌🏼
Agree Nells, Dibbers are helpful by sharing their tips and recommendations.

On this thread I learnt of other PI's also convenient for Manchester airport, along with Runger Lane and Heald Green, which may also help Dibbers. Nells, some of the info below may help you/others, raise a glass for me when you're plane spotting

Heald Green PI is my 'go to' for convenience when travelling via train. Never let me down/been a disappointment, always clean with good staff who are happy to advise re places to eat and supply additional tea/coffee supplies for your room Best taxi rate to the terminals is booked via Reception, saloon car used to be £6 (perhaps around £8 now) plus the £5 drop off fee and any tip if given.

Restaurants... only a few minutes walk to the shopping area. Indian restaurants, Paradise Spice,4.5* and Cinnamon Tree, 4.4*, both dine in with good reviews. Chinese take away, no dine in, The Golden Star, 4.7*, The Noodle House, 4.1*. Click HERE for a list of other restaurants in/close by Heald Green.

If driving to Man airport the Wilmslow PI by the Hickory Smokehouse smells like a tasty convenient option too

Heald Green, Wilmslow and Cheadle PI's offer free overnight parking . As many Dibbers view the airport hotel as the first night of their holiday it may be worth further researching restaurants close to the PI you choose.
TLCS is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Alfiesmum
Excited about Disney

Agreed with what others have said on this thread. We’ve booked Heald Green for next Monday after reading advice on the Dibb. We’re travelling by train so it looks perfect for our needs. We’ll get the train into Man airport the following morning reading for our 11:10 flight.
I was wandering if anybody had advice on breakfast. Would you have it at the hotel or somewhere local or would you wait and get breakfast at the airport? We aren’t booked into a lounge and I keep reading about long queues for food outlets at T2. I was thinking breakfast at the hotel but I’m not sure if we’d have the time.
Alfiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
TLCS
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
The only reason we never booked Heald Green before is because these days we only use the train direct to airport. It means getting off and catching another train back over ( even if only 1 stop) more of a faff for us. Suppose it’s as easy to catch a cab there as well as Runger Lane. Thanks for the map, much appreciated.
You're very welcome

As there's no direct train for me I route/buy tickets seperately to involve only one platform change (usually via Man Piccadilly). Luckily I only carry one small case and backpack so it's ok for me. Checked out Runger Lane North years ago, as you said, I'd need a taxi from airport to Runger Lane and back again the following morning whereas I take the train up to Man airport.

SF, if you ever want to check platform numbers, try the Natiional Rail website to knock out journies that suit your agenda - 'view details' shows platform numbers. Man Picc to Heald Green usually departs from platform 13. If I can even help research routes I'm happy to do so.

Originally Posted by Alfiesmum View Post
Agreed with what others have said on this thread. We’ve booked Heald Green for next Monday after reading advice on the Dibb. We’re travelling by train so it looks perfect for our needs. We’ll get the train into Man airport the following morning reading for our 11:10 flight.
I was wondering if anybody had advice on breakfast. Would you have it at the hotel or somewhere local or would you wait and get breakfast at the airport? We aren’t booked into a lounge and I keep reading about long queues for food outlets at T2. I was thinking breakfast at the hotel but I’m not sure if we’d have the time.
As breakfast starts at 6.30am perhaps have a word with Reception and see if you could go in around 6.15am to begin your cereal first. I think you'd be better eating a PI breakfast vs trying to find something at the airport. You shuold be ok as you have 4 hours 40 mins (famous last words eh
TLCS is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

I’ve stayed in south twice. It definetly has a restaurant you just have to book it. They have a shuttle to the airport too 4.50pp if more than 2 better to jump a cab for £11. South does have air con, well the rooms I have stayed in have.

My next 2 trips I’m in north so I’ll compare then.

Can't stay away <3
sophie1405 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

there's no direct train for me I route/buy tickets seperately to involve only one platform change (usually via Man Piccadilly). Luckily I only carry one small case and backpack so it's ok for me. Checked out Runger Lane North years ago, as you said, I'd need a taxi from airport to Runger Lane and back again the following morning whereas I take the train up to Man airport.

SF, if you ever want to check platform numbers, try the Natiional Rail website to knock out journies that suit your agenda - 'view details' shows platform numbers. Man Picc to Heald Green usually departs from platform 13. If I can even help research routes I'm happy to do so.

Thanks TLCS, luckily from the North East we are direct leaving Middlesbrough and calls at my local station then straight on through York into airport. That way has best price. Have in the past changed in Manchester but try to avoid it . Like to make my journey as easy as possible.
Doubt a train runs around 4.30am so either way for both hotels a cab is the only option. Lots of useful info though 👏