Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Aug 22, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Compliments to the princesses always go down well, although they are usually excellent at starting/continuing a conversation. Ariel asked where we were from and when we said Wales, she replied ‘oh I speak Whale’ and proceeded to speak like a whale 😂

We often say we’re so pleased to meet you as you’re our favourite. We’ve also often got a Disney T-shirt on, to match the character at a themed meal. This is a great conversation starter. I had an Alice T-shirt and hair clip in when we met Alice, and she posed with me for the photo in the same pose as she had on the T-shirt. She also screamed across the dining hall to call the Mad Hatter over to see my T-shirt and to boast that she was the favourite 😀

I find a lot of the characters are very good at knowing how to speak (or gesture/articulate for non verbal characters) to adults groups and they lead the way

Edited at 10:04 AM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
You’re my favourite always goes down well .
This is MY go to! 😂
Floridafan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Doc Brown
Trying for More Ears

DW had an unusual interaction with Daisy in 2019. We were at Tusker House for lunch, and DW was sitting at the table, as you do. Daisy approached our table and everything was fine, then our server comes along with a tray of 9 drinks, Well Daisy didn't see the server behind her and Daisy turned around quite quickly launching all 9 drinks over DW. Bearing in mind DW was in the sitting position and the server was standing up, lets just say it was a 'Jessie's horse moment' (Bullseye!

I must say, that led to a very interesting interaction Everything was good in the end, Disney looked after DW. We do laugh about it, just wish I had of had the presence of mind to take a photo at the time, although having said that I may not be alive today had I have, DW would have seen to that.
Doc Brown is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bondy007 View Post
And I bet you say that to all the characters don’t you… 😉
Oh yes, I’m shameless
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Louck
Apprentice Imagineer

Love this!
Having been with younger kids conversation was much easier but then with a teen who wasn’t interested in characters I felt a bit awkward
Louck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

DD has had some good interactions in the past - but not sure that she is now a teenager she will be so engaged! Woody always used to take her bunny that she carried everywhere and Tinkerbell usually was good for fun interaction. i think just think of them as a friend you have known for ages!
Old 15 Aug 22, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jadebe
Excited about Disney

Mary Poppins gave me some advice on looking after grandchildren!
Old 15 Aug 22, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

I find the fur characters hard to interact with and to be honest tend to avoid them, but the princesses much easier as they start the conversation!

Anna gave me a 'Mr and Mrs' style quiz to check if I should have married my husband, as you 'shouldn't marry someone you just met'
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 22, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Pans
Excited about Disney

Love this thread. I love meeting the characters and just behave like a big kid you are in Disney after all. Tend to just play it by ear and go with the flow and normally start with something simple like “ Hi Mickey great to see you again” and then take it from there.

Our best interaction last time was Joy and Sadness at Epcot. We had real laugh with them and I remember trying to cheer up sadness ( not easy ).

Assuming your allowed a good old fashioned hug is fun as well. As you can see Minnie took a shine to our son!

Edited at 09:38 AM.
Pans is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List