Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 13 Aug 22, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bully1985
Trying for More Ears

Which terminal Alamo hire cars

Hi,

I can’t seem to find which terminal the Alamo cars are ? We have been notified our flight will not land/depart from the new terminal C .

I see there is a tram from B to C.

Thanks
Bully1985 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

You can definitely collect Alamo in B
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
There's a massive live thread on here about the new terminal C but nobody has yet to ascertain whether car hire will be available from there when UK flights start landing there in September.

All on-site car hire desks and garages are replicated on both sides A and B. Depends really if you want to leave by 528 north (nearer to A) or the 417 south (nearer to B)

Terminal C will be connected to the central concourse by APM just like all existing four gate areas are.

Mick

Edited at 04:11 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bully1985 View Post
Hi,

I can’t seem to find which terminal the Alamo cars are ? We have been notified our flight will not land/depart from the new terminal C .

Thanks
PS Is there a typo? "will now land"

Mick
Old 13 Aug 22, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
PPS

Here is the thread if you've got a couple of hours spare

https://DIBB.in/15529640

Mick
Old 13 Aug 22, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bully1985
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by mick View Post
There's a massive live thread on here about the new terminal C but nobody has yet to ascertain whether car hire will be available from there when UK flights start landing there in September.

All on-site car hire desks and garages are replicated on both sides A and B. Depends really if you want to leave by 528 north (nearer to A) or the 417 south (nearer to B)

Terminal C will be connected to the central concourse by APM just like all existing four gate areas are.

Mick
Thanks Mick,

I did read terminal C wouldn’t have a hire car collection point but when I looked on the map I saw A and B had them...

We will try the B garage and hope for the best...

Yes it’s a typo 🤦🏼 Fat fingers and small screen 🤣
Bully1985 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Thanks Mick,

I did read terminal C wouldn’t have a hire car collection point but when I looked on the map I saw A and B had them...

We will try the B garage and hope for the best...

Yes it’s a typo 🤦🏼 Fat fingers and small screen 🤣

I don't think anyone has formally said that terminal C won't have car hire by next month but equally nobody has formally said they would.

Our last 20 odd journeys from MCO have been to the Highgate Park area so we're on auto-pilot from garage B to the 417. My other pet subject on here is the Visitor Toll Pass and, at present, it looks like I'll have to still collect from side A in November.

Mick

Edited at 04:28 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
assos
VIP Dibber

Hi,

Thanks
What dates are your flights? Assuming you’re flying with BA if you fly out before the 21st September you still land in the existing terminal.

The email BA have sent is extremely badly worded and has led many people to think they’re landing in the new terminal before it even opens.

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I don't think anyone has formally said that terminal C won't have car hire by next month but equally nobody has formally said they would.
The closest is an extremely (probably deliberately) vague reply on twitter. When asked specifically:

@MCO Terminal C, what's the deal with Car Rentals / Ride Share / Busses & Resort Transfers? Will they be available at C, if so from 19th Sep, or later on?

They replied:

Hi, Daniel. There will be ground transportation and rental cars at C. Whenever the companies are confirmed, you'll find more info about it at:

orlandoairports/getting-...co/terminal-c/

They did however appear to miss the second part of my question regarding 19th Sept.
Old 13 Aug 22, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by assos View Post
What dates are your flights? Assuming you’re flying with BA if you fly out before the 21st September you still land in the existing terminal.

The email BA have sent is extremely badly worded and has led many people to think they’re landing in the new terminal before it even opens.

The closest is an extremely (probably deliberately) vague reply on twitter. When asked specifically:

@MCO Terminal C, what's the deal with Car Rentals / Ride Share / Busses & Resort Transfers? Will they be available at C, if so from 19th Sep, or later on?

They replied:

Hi, Daniel. There will be ground transportation and rental cars at C. Whenever the companies are confirmed, you'll find more info about it at:

orlandoairports/getting-...co/terminal-c/

They did however appear to miss the second part of my question regarding 19th Sept.
My friends at VTP are equally equivocal about car hire and tag collection at C. If we have to take the APM back to side A then so be it.

Back in November 2017 we had to walk the whole way alongside the APM track from the station at gates 70-99 to the main terminal but that's another story. Not much fun for us oldies wheeling cases that far.
Old 13 Aug 22, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Alamo are, like most of the car hire companies, both A and B
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List